My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Specialized carbonfiber frame seat post slipping down
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 19 March 2006
- Last activity
- 20 March 2006
- Original author
- Greg
- Posts
- 9
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 704
- Views / 30 days
- 16
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?Rough up the clamp?
-
Paul Cassel said:
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?Rough up the clamp?
That'll make it worse. The clamp tightens on the OD of the tube, not
onto the seat post.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Some gardening required to reply via email.
Words processed in a facility that contains nuts. -
"Greg" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?Yes I have an idea toe solve your problem, because I solved it on my
aluminium Giant TCR with carbon seatpost.
Don't use lubrication at all. When you do ones your seatpost stays slipping.
You can solve this by spraying a little hairspray on the seatpost before
putting it in the standing tube. Hairspray makes the seatpost the opposit of
slippery.
I red this trick in an english bicyclemagazine in a test of de Giant TCR.Succes,
Hans
-
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?How much do you weigh?
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training -
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?Put a stainless steel band clamp around the seatpost to keep it from
slipping down. I saw a guy riding the high dollar carbon Orbea bicycle
using this trick on a ride in Texas last week. Seemed to work, if not
look too elegant. -
Quoted message said:
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?Paul Cassel said:
Rough up the clamp?
Why?
The clamp bears on the frame not the post.--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971 -
I'm 6'0", 177 lbs, and my friends are a tad heavier, but it should
really do a better job of holding than it does. I like the hair spray
idea, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll go for the stainless
steel clamp. Darned Specialized, I can't believe they have such a
problem with this.Squid-in-Training said:
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?How much do you weigh?
-
A Muzi said:
Quoted message said:
Greg said:
My buddies and I are having problems with the seat posts slipping down
on new Tarmacs and Robaix. Specialized says to rough up seat post with
coarse sandpaper. This sort-of works, but I'm not happy with it.
Anybody else have an idea how to solve this problem?I can tell you, that after seat lug split on my trek 2300, my ultegra
seatpost still looked NOS - NO SCRATCHES AT ALL! I'd rough up that
post if you value the integrity of your seat lug. That's probably why
all new bikes have a replaceable clamp.- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.