Specialized tricross comp (modified) ??

halfmoonman

Jan 11, 2011
Hey, Just wondering would this bike work as a flat bar I know it's designed to be drop bars? Price is €450 with carrier, saddle bag and mudguards sound good? Says its in excellent condition.

http://www.buyandsell.ie/sports-and-leisure/bikes-gents/meath/specialized-tricross-comp-56-cm# Link to bike ad.

Most likely it would work, depending on the components and assuming the conversion was done correctly. I don't see the benefit in making it a flat-bar bike since flat bars offer fewer hand positions than drop bars.

I think he changed it because of lower back problems, which is the reason I'm interested in it as I suffer lower back problems too.

Going to be used for touring and a more upright position is what I was looking for.

As for price do you know if it sounds about right?

As for components there a mix of shimano tiagra, 105 and sora with a bbb handle bar.

The tricross was displayed on the manufacturers website with additional flat bar brake levers on the drop handlebar so I guess the geometry of the bike would be suitable for use with a flat handlebar.

This could also give you the benefit of being able to use hydraulic disk brakes are the drop bar brake levers are not compatible with hydraulic systems I think.