Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

SPOILER: Le Tour last night

Started by MikeyOz · · Last activity · 7 posts · 717 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
21 July 2005
Last activity
21 July 2005
Original author
MikeyOz
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
717
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ok I thought I was up with most of the info on the Tour De France....

    but what in the hell is the "Aggressivity Stage" I have a fair idea based on the name, but how the hell do is work ???
    The Age website this morning had it listed in the daily standings.

    also, who is Simon Gerrans ??? Are we likely to hear his name again in cycling ?? Or was it just an all out bust to get some glory on 1 particular stage ?

    Team Mobil-idiots really have no idea do they ??? I take it the team boss puts on their jerseys in the morning, does up their shoe buckles and pats them on the bum while pointing them in the right direction to the start line ?

  2. MikeyOz said:


    ok I thought I was up with most of the info on the Tour De France....

    but what in the hell is the "Aggressivity Stage" I have a fair idea
    based on the name, but how the hell do is work ???

    Quoted message said:

    The Age website this morning had it listed in the daily standings

    Bizarre .. no idea. I've never heard the term before.

    Quoted message said:

    also, who is Simon Gerrans ??? Are we likely to hear his name again in
    cycling ?? Or was it just an all out bust to get some glory on 1
    particular stage ?

    He won the Warny in 2003 (Will Walker won it last year).

    Quoted message said:

    Team Mobil-idiots really have no idea do they ??? I take it the team
    boss puts on their jerseys in the morning, does up their shoe buckles
    and pats them on the bum while pointing them in the right direction to
    the start line ?

    Did you see the last bit of the stage where they (Vino & Ullrich)
    tried to drop Rasmussen? I don't know why they did it there,
    Ullrich'll roll past him in the ITT.

    Still, they did move Vino up the standings a bit. Odd that they
    weren't interested in defending the team place though - maybe
    they're saving something for tonight?

  3. Carl Brewer said:

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:22:32 +1000, MikeyOz

    Quoted message said:


    ok I thought I was up with most of the info on the Tour De France....

    but what in the hell is the "Aggressivity Stage" I have a fair idea
    based on the name, but how the hell do is work ???

    Quoted message said:

    The Age website this morning had it listed in the daily standings

    Bizarre .. no idea. I've never heard the term before.

    Quoted message said:

    also, who is Simon Gerrans ??? Are we likely to hear his name again in
    cycling ?? Or was it just an all out bust to get some glory on 1
    particular stage ?

    He won the Warny in 2003 (Will Walker won it last year).

    Quoted message said:

    Team Mobil-idiots really have no idea do they ??? I take it the team
    boss puts on their jerseys in the morning, does up their shoe buckles
    and pats them on the bum while pointing them in the right direction to
    the start line ?

    Did you see the last bit of the stage where they (Vino & Ullrich)
    tried to drop Rasmussen? I don't know why they did it there,
    Ullrich'll roll past him in the ITT.

    Still, they did move Vino up the standings a bit. Odd that they
    weren't interested in defending the team place though - maybe
    they're saving something for tonight?

    Agressitivy stage is the most agressive rider (the one that wears the red number) - it is a judghed category but being instrumental in creating a break and sticking with it will usually get it for you.

  4. PiledHigher said:

    Agressitivy stage is the most agressive rider (the one that wears the red number) - it is a judghed category but being instrumental in creating a break and sticking with it will usually get it for you.


    Otherwise known as Most Combative - won by Hinault on stage 17

  5. sinus said:

    Otherwise known as Most Combative - won by Hinault on stage 17

    They gotta have a 'Most crashed' comp too, surely?

    "FD lost his Creeeemson shersaaay on twoday's starrrge tooo de eckziteeeng young righ-derrr, Tarm-oh-Kar Behhlllye of the 'Libertie de Liqueur' team frorrrm down arrnderrrrr...."

  6. flyingdutch said:


    sinus said:

    Otherwise known as Most Combative - won by Hinault on stage 17

    They gotta have a 'Most crashed' comp too, surely?

    "FD lost his Creeeemson shersaaay on twoday's starrrge tooo de
    eckziteeeng young righ-derrr, Tarm-oh-Kar Behhlllye of the 'Libertie de
    Liqueur' team frorrrm down arrnderrrrr...."

    --
    flyingdutch

    Ooooh do I get a special coloured bike to ride?

    Tam

  7. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:02:34 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    flyingdutch said:


    sinus said:

    Otherwise known as Most Combative - won by Hinault on stage 17

    They gotta have a 'Most crashed' comp too, surely?

    "FD lost his Creeeemson shersaaay on twoday's starrrge tooo de
    eckziteeeng young righ-derrr, Tarm-oh-Kar Behhlllye of the 'Libertie de
    Liqueur' team frorrrm down arrnderrrrr...."

    --
    flyingdutch

    Ooooh do I get a special coloured bike to ride?

    yeah, it's brown!

    (and has mudguards)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.