The start finish line for one of the cycle races was displayed in Regents Park while the IOC delegates were in town. Quite inspirational. And is that right about Springfield Marina cafe - thought that was on the wrong side of the river to be affected.
I've no idea. I was really just commenting that I like the Lea Valley, as it is a bit of wild space in London. Springfield Marina is a convenient stop on a cycle trip, and good value grub. I was in no way wanting to start unfounded rumours about it, and I do apologise. Long may it remain there.
Jack Ouzzi wrote: As it said on the news, Blair has to greet Chirac at the G8. On this one occasion I'll forgive him his smugness.
I can never forgive a lying war criminal for smugness. But then Chirac has an evil side too, as do all of us. So who loves bikes the most, Chirac or Bliar?
The poor French I really feel for them ....... Tee hee hee hee !!!!
As it said on the news, Blair has to greet Chirac at the G8. On this one occasion I'll forgive him his smugness.
Oh, good. Haggis for supper!
-- [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/ ;; Our modern industrial economy takes a mountain covered with trees, ;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a mountain of junk, ;; garbage, slime pits, and debris. -- Edward Abbey
The start finish line for one of the cycle races was displayed in Regents Park while the IOC delegates were in town. Quite inspirational. And is that right about Springfield Marina cafe - thought that was on the wrong side of the river to be affected.
I've no idea. I was really just commenting that I like the Lea Valley, as it is a bit of wild space in London. Springfield Marina is a convenient stop on a cycle trip, and good value grub. I was in no way wanting to start unfounded rumours about it, and I do apologise. Long may it remain there.
AFAIK Springfield is well to the north of the Olympic Wossname, which appears to be confined to teh area south of the A12.
So will Larrington Towers become the new velodrome? ;-)
I'm rather hoping that Larrington Towers can be rented to creulous Leftpondians for the duration while I lie on a sunkissed beach with my Imaginary Friend feeding me cold beer and bacon sandwiches...
Beer and bacon - never tried that combination in a sandwich. Doesn't it make the bread soggy?
-- Tony
"I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't" Anon
Have a friend with a house in London who bet ยฃ2.5k on London losing. He reckoned if they lost he'd make money on the bet and if they won he would more than make up the loss by renting his house for the Olympics. Strange minds these banker chaps.
-- Tony
"I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't" Anon
? Seemed to me to be a reasonable and sensible thing to do. What's '[censored]' about it?
I just thought he was being a [censored] for over-reacting to the disagreement in the other thread re: the use of 'Spoiler' in posts. That's all.
Always assume, if you don't understand why someone posted what they did, that something went 'whoosh' over your head. It went 'whoosh' over my head, too, otherwise I wouldn't have posted what I did; but now I see it I think it's rather elegant.
So will Larrington Towers become the new velodrome? ;-)
I'm rather hoping that Larrington Towers can be rented to creulous Leftpondians for the duration while I lie on a sunkissed beach with my Imaginary Friend feeding me cold beer and bacon sandwiches...
Beer and bacon - never tried that combination in a sandwich. Doesn't it make the bread soggy?
> in message <[email hidden]>, Colin Blackburn > ([email hidden]'๐ wrote:
>> As it said on the news, Blair has to greet Chirac at the G8. On this >> one occasion I'll forgive him his smugness. > > > > > > Oh, good. Haggis for supper!
Pete. -- Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/