General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

squats without a spotter?

Started by Robert Unich · · Last activity · 21 posts · 655 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 March 2005
Last activity
4 March 2005
Original author
Robert Unich
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
655
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dnia 2005-03-03 [email hidden] napisa³(a):

    Quoted message said:
    Andrzej Rosa said:


    Have you tried hack squats? I mean, this deadlift-like movement,


    where

    Quoted message said:

    you lift a barbell form the floor from behind your legs.

    Also, if you want to invest a bit of time to learn power cleans, you


    can

    Quoted message said:

    clean a barbell and do front squats with it. After a while it seems


    to

    Quoted message said:

    be natural, I heard 😉.

    I'll have to into hack squats. I basically am doing a power clean for
    reguar squats right now. But I hit a wall at 135lbs last time. It was
    easy enough to pull 20 reps with a little effort.

    How about one legged bodyweight squats? I did them for a while, when
    I was working out without any equipment. They can fry my quads quite
    well, thank you 😉.

    Also step-ups may be manageable in your situation. Or lunges of a sort.

    Quoted message said:

    Its much easier to rely heavily on Deadlifts.

    Sure, but I would add some work on quads. At lest until you develop the
    technique and flexibility to power clean and front-squat challenging
    weights.

    I mean, that is what I would do, and probably will do, when my gym will
    be closed for summer vacations.

    --
    Andrzej Rosa 1127R
    I'm on a medication strike until the FDA stops openly sucking the [censored]
    of the pharma industry. I mean, at least they ought to do it behind
    closed doors.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.