Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Stage 14: Montélimar - Gap, 181km

Started by steve · · Last activity · 15 posts · 2,226 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
16 July 2006
Last activity
17 July 2006
Original author
steve
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,226
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Stage 14 - Sunday, July 16: Montélimar - Gap, 181km

    The 5.2km 5% climb of the Col de la Sentinelle should add some life to the stage.

    Current jersey holders

    [img]cyclingforums.commaillotjaune.gif[/img] Oscar PEREIRO
    [img]cyclingforums.commaillotvert.gif[/img] Robbie MC EWEN
    [img]cyclingforums.commaillotpois.gif[/img] David DE LA FUENTE
    [img]cyclingforums.commaillotblanc.gif[/img] Marcus FOTHEN

    Live coverage:
    live.cyclingnews.comlive.cyclingnews.com
    letour.frletour.fr

  2. Kessler in the breakaway...now who was the clever poster that predicted this to happen.
    Oh,thats right it was me. Ok,I'll shut up and go trian now.

  3. jhuskey said:

    Kessler in the breakaway...now who was the clever poster that predicted this to happen.
    Oh,thats right it was me. Ok,I'll shut up and go trian now.


    Kessler again? He's must be feeling good.

  4. Orla_24 said:

    Kessler again? He's must be feeling good.

    Oh YIKES, I totally feel like a jinx.

    Three riders crash, Kessler, Canada (looks like a broken collar bone...) and Verbrugghe.

    Kessler, at least, is up.

  5. This is still a good plan . The peloton is working harder and making Phonak work even though Landis is not in yellow he is in virtual yellow and they are perhaps burning a little more than they would like.
    15 should be a very interesting stage.

  6. blah, what a great stage that was, and hardly anyone's written about it???

    Verbrugge's out for 6 months by the way. Broken left femur. Doh.

  7. Dead Star said:

    blah, what a great stage that was, and hardly anyone's written about it???

    Verbrugge's out for 6 months by the way. Broken left femur. Doh.


    I was begining to wonder if I watched alone.

    It was a pretty good stage there, nice ending. What were Disco trying to do? They popped out of no where and took the lead, (didn't last long) Popo first, than BG... were they trying to go for a stage win? gain time on GC?

  8. Orla_24 said:

    I was begining to wonder if I watched alone.

    It was a pretty good stage there, nice ending. What were Disco trying to do? They popped out of no where and took the lead, (didn't last long) Popo first, than BG... were they trying to go for a stage win? gain time on GC?


    Probably to try and get Hincapie the win.

  9. Orla_24 said:

    I was begining to wonder if I watched alone.

    It was a pretty good stage there, nice ending. What were Disco trying to do? They popped out of no where and took the lead, (didn't last long) Popo first, than BG... were they trying to go for a stage win? gain time on GC?

    DC is trying to give some dignity to Hincapie, T-Mobile is trying to press Phonak into submission sensing the weakness in the team and some are just sitting back waiting for an opportunity and I believe there may be some,opportunities, that is.
    The true hands will be shown next stage,stay tuned,do not touch that dial.
    Damn, I always wanted to do that!

  10. Dead Star said:


    Verbrugge's out for 6 months by the way. Broken left femur.

    I was hoping it would be a tib/fib. But a Femer- that's hard, you hear where the break was on the femer? compound?

  11. [IMG]vrtnieuws.netS 060716 tdf Verbrugghe1 20060716 180335.jpg[/IMG]

    by there.

  12. Dead Star said:

    blah, what a great stage that was, and hardly anyone's written about it???

    Verbrugge's out for 6 months by the way. Broken left femur. Doh.

    I watched todays stage.

    It was a very interesting stage as you say.

    The crash with Kessler and Canada looked pretty bad : Canada came inside Kessler line and his back wheel touched on some gravel as he came out and he rolled.
    Kessler did well to avoid Canada but ended up going over the arco barrier.
    Verbrugge's crash too looked terrible.

    Kessler looked very tentative when back on the bike.

    That last climb up the Sentinelle looked tough.

    Road temp was 42 celsius.
    That is furnace like conditions.

    Rabo again looked prominent : Boogerd tried to close the gap.

    Felt sorry for Camesso : he's a gutsy rider.

  13. limerickman said:

    I watched todays stage.

    It was a very interesting stage as you say.

    The crash with Kessler and Canada looked pretty bad : Canada came inside Kessler line and his back wheel touched on some gravel as he came out and he rolled.
    Kessler did well to avoid Canada but ended up going over the arco barrier.
    Verbrugge's crash too looked terrible.

    Kessler looked very tentative when back on the bike.

    That last climb up the Sentinelle looked tough.

    Road temp was 42 celsius.
    That is furnace like conditions.

    Rabo again looked prominent : Boogerd tried to close the gap.

    Felt sorry for Camesso : he's a gutsy rider.


    Salvatore has seemed to be on the wrong end of the breakaways alot the last couple of years. I can't remember which year, he was caught in a bad split of a breakaway, and he was stuck with 5 other guys who wouldn't help chase, and he attacked at least 4 or 5 seperate times to try and bridge up to the lead group (I think it was last year?)

  14. Capt.Injury said:

    Salvatore has seemed to be on the wrong end of the breakaways alot the last couple of years. I can't remember which year, he was caught in a bad split of a breakaway, and he was stuck with 5 other guys who wouldn't help chase, and he attacked at least 4 or 5 seperate times to try and bridge up to the lead group (I think it was last year?)


    hmm, was that last year's stage to Gerardmer, when Weening attacked and Commesso tried to bridge to him, but with no support from the others?

  15. I think you and Capt ercall the same stage as I do re Camesso.
    He read it wrong with Weening & Co.

    That's why I was hoping he'd win this stage (not that I would begrudge the Buoyg rider).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.