OK. One thing I have learned is that without objective data, accurate analysis is impossible. Do you have a power meter? If so, you can get an idea of your fiber composition from your power profile.
My 5min and FTP in the power profile are at about the same level. My 5s and 1min are untrained. typically don't do max 1min efforts so this might not indicate much, but even when I do I still remain in the untrained level for 5s and 1min. Does this indicate I'm a slow twitcher?
My 5min and FTP in the power profile are at about the same level. My 5s and 1min are untrained. typically don't do max 1min efforts so this might not indicate much, but even when I do I still remain in the untrained level for 5s and 1min. Does this indicate I'm a slow twitcher?
There was no significant difference in VO2max between seated and standing positions. The standing position is less economical during moderate hill climbing, but during steep hill climbing, it results in a decreased sensation of effort in the legs.
@watts4speed The average person has approximately 60% fast muscle fibre and 40% slow-twitch fibre
There was no significant difference in VO2max between seated and standing positions. The standing position is less economical during moderate hill climbing, but during steep hill climbing, it results in a decreased sensation of effort in the legs.
@watts4speed The average person has approximately 60% fast muscle fibre and 40% slow-twitch fibre
Not the average cyclist. Below are the average % Type I, Type IIa and Type IIb for the two groups ("Elite Amateur, "Well Trained"😉 studied in Dr. Coyle's 1991 paper "Physiological and biomechanical factors associated with elite endurance cycling performance."
different musclees are used while riding siting and standing.even different muscle fiers.siting with high cadence uses fast fibers and standing with smaller cadence uses slow fibers.u can sit and ride ut u can stand to recover fast fibers which work while are u siting.standing needs strong hands and try to be with most of your weight on pedals ,do not push your body to forward.standing also opens your lungs and than u can take more oxygene.when u are tired u can combine ten to twenty strokes of siting with ten to twenty strokes of standing,i always sit when i climb but,and i am very good climber.