Stem length/rise calculation help needed...

Yellowstone Yet

Guest
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a stem rise/length calculator or if anyone could help
me figure out what stem I need. Presently I have a Kalloy Uno stem (near as I can figure, it is
110mm length with a 7 or 7 1/2 degree rise). What I would like to do is keep my hand position the
same horizontally, but raise the bars about 1
1/2" vertically. I already have riser bars and would like to accomplish this with a new stem. Can
anyone tell what rise/length of stem would achieve this goal? Also, what affect will it have on
handling? I need to make the switch because I've got too much weight on my hands. I've already
tried moving the seat fore/aft, different handlebar positions, etc. Measuring on a level plane, my
bars are about 2" lower than my seat.

Thanks for the help.

[email protected] (Yellowstone Yeti) wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a stem rise/length calculator or if anyone could help
>me figure out what stem I need. Presently I have a Kalloy Uno stem (near as I can figure, it is
>110mm length with a 7 or 7 1/2 degree rise). What I would like to do is keep my hand position the
>same horizontally, but raise the bars about 1
>1/2" vertically. I already have riser bars and would like to accomplish this with a new stem. Can
> anyone tell what rise/length of stem would achieve this goal? Also, what affect will it have on
> handling? I need to make the switch because I've got too much weight on my hands. I've already
> tried moving the seat fore/aft, different handlebar positions, etc. Measuring on a level plane,
> my bars are about 2" lower than my seat.

I love it when someone asks that question. Here's your answer:

http://www.habcycles.com/fitting.html