steve irwin

I wasn't a big fan of Steve but at least he made a contribution to the world. Making a joke of his death is a pretty tacky thing to do.

lighten up people, isnt it an aussie thing to get a laugh out of everything? im also pretty sure theres other news happening out there but buggered if you can find it

when eddy ruled said:
lighten up people, isnt it an aussie thing to get a laugh out of everything? im also pretty sure theres other news happening out there but buggered if you can find it

There's a time and place for that kind of thing but immediately after the death of a well loved personality and on a public forum is tacky.

As I mentioned, I wasn't a fan, but I think a little respect is in order.

One of the key tenants of life: "Never speak ill of the deceased."

Yeah, he could be iritating but is passion for wildlife and determination for the conservation of natural environments far outweighed that. So please give him a break.

RIP Steve. Prayers go out to his wife and kids.

AngoXC said:

Yeah, he could be iritating but is passion for wildlife and determination for the conservation of natural environments far outweighed that. So please give him a break.

"de mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est" or quite literaly "Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good."
You guys are right, no matter what kind of goof the guy may have been, espically so close in time. Better to say only good things.
or Karma will get ya.
cheers.

AngoXC said:

Like Icarus, he flew too close to the sun........

AngoXC said:

agree, thought go out to his wife and kids but...

isn't his "passion for wildlife" questionable? more like his passion for publicity.
how many times on tv did he comment that the croc or whatever was hissing/growling because it was unsure/distressed. why then dive on the creature with a couple of other blokes and tie it up. wouldn't it have been better to retreat and leave it alone? or doesn't that make good tv?

seemed like an all round good guy but let's not make a saint out of him.

totally agree stairdiver on the not making a saint of him....bit like brock, wife beater but that doesnt seem to get in the news these days

Your timing continues to astound me.

No one wants to make a saint out of Irwin or Brock but where do you get off accusing Brock of being a wife beater?

I know that he cheated on his partner and caused a lot of heartache but where's your evidence of him being a wife beater?

It has not been common knowledge, it has been an accusation pushed by Derren Hinch and denied by his partner of 28 years.

Just because someone starts a rumour, and someone in the media with a reputation for saying anything to create controversy shouts about it, doesn't make it fact.

I don't know one way or another and neither do you. The people in the best place to know have denied it. Even though Bev is quite open about his extra-marital activities she says that he was not a wife beater.

Just days after his death is not the time to trumpet unsubstantiated claims.

And no, I'm not easily astounded, I just like to think the best of other people and when people say things in a public forum, whether true or not, without caring about family and others who may suffer because of it I am understandably dissapointed.

Steve Irwin and Brocky are standing at the Pearly Gates.

'Crikey Brocky, how come you have a halo and I don't?'

'It's a steering wheel you idiot!'

AngoXC said:

============================================================
What if the deceased was a scumbag(not SI) in life?
NEVER is a gross generalisation.

when eddy ruled said:
its been common knowledge for ages and you must be easily astounded

really? funny thing seeing as Michelle Downes totaly dismissed it (AFAIK) and Bev did as well. Dowens had a drug overdose and had bruises to her body and head. wow. falling down while wasted makes brock a wifebeater.

by that sort of conjecture whos to say that you arent a wife beater? or even i?

and wow, Hinch. if you go to him for your infomration and popular oppinion your one of lifes true sheep.

no wonder the guy needs all-bran hes so full of ****.

now thats a joke!

Some silly kid makes a sick joke on a public forum and gets slaughtered by the members :p

Unlucky, give the deceased a break. If you must make fun of the deceased make it about saddam hussein or someone similar maybe???