still fighting UPS over dented frame.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Joseph Jozwik, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim. The
    mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said
    they are still contacting them about it and raising hell.
    However I question his sincerity. Any one have any
    suggestions on how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing
    the BBB and they said that this is not there area. Thanks
    for any input.. Joe

    Tags:

  2. Alex887

    Alex887 Guest

    Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all
    the paperwork, pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get
    paid. I think it is standard practice for them to deny
    claims until severe consequences are indicated.

    "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zpednd_8UKWinsvdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
    > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
    > said they
    are
    > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
    > question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
    > how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
    > they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
    > input.. Joe

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
    > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
    > said they
    are
    > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
    > question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
    > how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
    > they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
    > input.. Joe

    Keep persuing them on the issue, call every single day
    and annoy the living hell out of them. Make note of all
    the people you spoke to and dates and times. Have them
    all put notes in their system regarding your
    issue/problem. It usually takes them a while to pay out,
    but they eventually do.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:35:58 -0800, alex887 wrote:

    > Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all
    > the paperwork, pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get
    > paid. I think it is standard practice for them to deny
    > claims until severe consequences are indicated.

    Definately. Send them a nice letter from your solicitor.

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

  5. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
    > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
    > said they
    are
    > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
    > question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
    > how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
    > they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
    > input.. Joe

    Insurance companys will keep you going in circles like this
    in hopes that you will eventually give up. Carla gave some
    good advise. Stay on top of it.

  6. Thanks for the input.

    I will keep bugging them.. In work on legal action
    hate mail.

    Joe

    "Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zpednd_8UKWinsvdRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
    > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
    > said they
    are
    > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
    > question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
    > how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
    > they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
    > input.. Joe

  7. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    > > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
    > > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
    > > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
    > > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
    > > said they
    > are
    > > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However
    > > I question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions
    > > on how to get this claim fixed?

    In a similar incident on the UK cycling NG the poster
    casually referred to the Company name, the name of the guy
    in despatch, the name of the shipping Company and the name
    of the admin guy who was taking so long to clear the matter.

    He later posted he'd got a refund plus apology plus
    compensation plus the replacement frame. At no time had he
    asked anyone to email or send letters to the named people or
    their MD's. Mike