still fighting UPS over dented frame.

Joseph Jozwik

Guest
Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim. The
mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike said
they are still contacting them about it and raising hell.
However I question his sincerity. Any one have any
suggestions on how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing
the BBB and they said that this is not there area. Thanks
for any input.. Joe

Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all
the paperwork, pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get
paid. I think it is standard practice for them to deny
claims until severe consequences are indicated.

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zpednd_8UKWinsvdRVn-
[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
> dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
> frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
> The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
> said they
are
> still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
> question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
> how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
> they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
> input.. Joe

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
> dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
> frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
> The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
> said they
are
> still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
> question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
> how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
> they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
> input.. Joe

Keep persuing them on the issue, call every single day
and annoy the living hell out of them. Make note of all
the people you spoke to and dates and times. Have them
all put notes in their system regarding your
issue/problem. It usually takes them a while to pay out,
but they eventually do.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:35:58 -0800, alex887 wrote:

> Threaten legal action (small claims court) if you have all
> the paperwork, pictures and proof of insurance. You'll get
> paid. I think it is standard practice for them to deny
> claims until severe consequences are indicated.

Definately. Send them a nice letter from your solicitor.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
> dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
> frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
> The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
> said they
are
> still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
> question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
> how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
> they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
> input.. Joe

Insurance companys will keep you going in circles like this
in hopes that you will eventually give up. Carla gave some
good advise. Stay on top of it.

Thanks for the input.

I will keep bugging them.. In work on legal action
hate mail.

Joe

"Joseph Jozwik" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:zpednd_8UKWinsvdRVn-
[email protected]...
> Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
> dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
> frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
> The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
> said they
are
> still contacting them about it and raising hell. However I
> question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions on
> how to get this claim fixed? I tried writing the BBB and
> they said that this is not there area. Thanks for any
> input.. Joe

> > Hello everyone, Awhile back I posted a note that UPS had
> > dented my frame in shipping. It costs $600.00 for a new
> > frame. They still have not paid on the insurance claim.
> > The mail and more shop that originally shipped the bike
> > said they
> are
> > still contacting them about it and raising hell. However
> > I question his sincerity. Any one have any suggestions
> > on how to get this claim fixed?

In a similar incident on the UK cycling NG the poster
casually referred to the Company name, the name of the guy
in despatch, the name of the shipping Company and the name
of the admin guy who was taking so long to clear the matter.

He later posted he'd got a refund plus apology plus
compensation plus the replacement frame. At no time had he
asked anyone to email or send letters to the named people or
their MD's. Mike