General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Still trying to get on track!

Started by Kd · · Last activity · 8 posts · 407 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2004
Last activity
19 March 2004
Original author
Kd
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
407
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in
    PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    today, maybe that will help keep things under control.

    KD

  2. KD, From someone who has been there done that; don't be so
    hard on yourself. This is a long process and there will
    always be room for improvement. How many days did you stay
    OP this week? Maybe next week you can set a goal to make
    that one more day. I stayed OP for 4 out of 5 days so far
    this week and will get back tomorrow. That is the longest I
    have stayed OP. Take heart in your improvements and take
    small steps to get back on track. Kristine KD" wrote Well, I
    did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this won't hurt,
    a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in PEI. They
    didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    today, maybe that will help keep things under control.

    KD

  3. One day at a time, KD. One day at a time. Or one meal at a
    time. Or one bite at a time. Break it down into the smallest
    increment possible and get from one to the next. When that
    doesn't work, pick yourself, start again as soon as you're
    able, and move on without guilt or regrets. Self-disgust and
    self-loathing are fine if they motivate you to get and stay
    on program. But if you're like me, those feelings cause me
    to give up and overeat even more. Accept that you're human,
    not perfect, doing the best you can.

    KD said:

    Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in
    PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    today, maybe that will help keep things under control.

    KD

    Linda P
    232/158/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  4. KD one of the ladies here said it best (I think it was PR)
    that as long as you have more good days than bad days you're
    doing it right.

    Eating better will not occur with a snap of the fingers.
    Be patient with yourself and you'll be surprised at what
    you can do.

    Julie

    "KD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:MUr5c.117709$IF6.3885658@ursa-
    nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    it together for even seven days


    in

    Quoted message said:

    a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    things under control.

    KD

  5. the good news is that you are trying and you see where the issues are, good
    luck, Lee
    KD <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    it together for even seven days


    in

    Quoted message said:

    a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    things under control.

    KD

  6. KD said:

    Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    it together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm
    making an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now,
    started today, maybe that will help keep things under
    control.

    KD

    Try for one hour at a time... that's what I do when I'm
    having a rough patch.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/197/191.5

  7. Thanks for the encouragement Kristine. Some days, it seems
    I'm never going to get used to eating this way again! But
    tomorrow is another day, next week another week. All I can
    do is try!

    KD

    "Kristine Quilici" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    KD, From someone who has been there done that; don't be so
    hard on yourself. This is a long process and there will
    always be room for improvement. How many days did you stay
    OP this week? Maybe next week you can set a goal to make
    that one more day. I stayed OP for 4 out of 5 days so far
    this week


    and

    Quoted message said:

    will get back tomorrow. That is the longest I have stayed
    OP. Take heart


    in

    Quoted message said:

    your improvements and take small steps to get back on
    track. Kristine KD" wrote Well, I did all right for a few
    days. Then a bit of this won't hurt, a little of that,
    let's go visit the in-laws in PEI. They didn't feel like
    cooking, let's order Chinese food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    it together for even seven days


    in

    Quoted message said:

    a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    things under control.

    KD

  8. KDwrote: Thanks for the encouragement Kristine. Some days,
    it seems I'm never going to get used to eating this way
    again! But tomorrow is another day, next week another week.
    All I can do is try!

    KD, All we can do is try. Somedays are easier than others.
    Today was hard for me but like you said tomorrow is
    another day. All one can do is keep trying and taking
    heart in their accomplishments as small as they may seem.
    They will eventually add up to a big one. Trust me when I
    say I know where you are at and how you feel. Just don't
    give up. Kristine

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.