Stolen bicycles, PERTH

David M

Guest
Hi All

The following two bicycles were stolen last night from my home in
Maylands, WA. If they are offered to you or you have any information as
to their whereabouts, please contact myself or the WA Police. A reward
is offered for safe return or information leading to a safe return.

Thankyou.
David McLoughlin

==================

Bicycle #1

· Avanti Corsa Pro Series, approx 2001/2
· 48cm Alum frame, red/white colour
· Carbon fork, dark metallic grey colour
· Shimano 8sp 105 group set
· 700c Alex ALX-600 wheels with red Maxxis Re-fuse tyres
· Serfas gel cutout womens saddle, carbon look
· SPD/Flat double sided pedals
· Cateye computer (wired)
· LED front and rear light

Bicycle #2

· Custom titanium frame, orange decal branded "Blackart"
· 53cm frame, brushed titanium finish
· Carbon fork, clear finished
· Campagnolo 10sp Centaur group set
· Custom titanium stem
· 700c Wheels - black Rigida DP18 rims with Shimano 105 hubs
· Tyres Vittora Rubino Pro, Blue/black
· Tioga cutout saddle, blue/black
· SPD pedals
· Cateye wireless computer mounted on stem
· LED rear light and bracket on handlebar for front light

Other

· Small black trailer designed to be towed behind a bicycle. With
elastic luggage net but without the bracket to attach it to a bike,
which was left behind.
· 2 helmets, both grey/silver, one with rear view mirror
· 2 pair cycling gloves, one black one black/yellow

David M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> The following two bicycles were stolen last night from my home in
> Maylands, WA. If they are offered to you or you have any information as
> to their whereabouts, please contact myself or the WA Police. A reward
> is offered for safe return or information leading to a safe return.

Bugger. :( As usual, check the LBS's in your area, the Quokka, Cash
Converters. Most thieves are dumb and lazy, so they may not have
ventured far..

--
..dt
1996 Diamond Back 'Expert Tg' Roadie (7spd DT shifters, favourite bike!)

actually I have got it wrong and I apologise to you and the poster on
triwa

"Avanti Corsa 48cm frame. Full Ultegra, Carbon fork, Look pedals,
apparently great wheels. 2-3 years old? One previous female owner
before me and I only rode it for 2-3 months while visiting Perth. Would
fit 5'3-5'6 person. Great condition. Must sell"

Sorry

haha....so temptingly close :) You're very observant/alert. It does
look like a good buy though. I'll check it out as my wife would be 100%
delighted if it was the same frame geometry. She was not looking
forward to having to adjust to a new bike...

I'm emotionally over it all now, but it HAD to happen when I'm broke
from tax time, and I realistically can't afford to replace one bike let
alone two...

I have advised police, and email/fax to all hock shops, and compiling
email/fax numbers for all Perth bike shops.. Will keep eye on quokka
and ebay

Cheers
David M

Gah...that's some pretty bikage to be having pinched! Commiserations to you,
which is ubfortunately all I'm likely to be able to offer, being in
Melbourne. Hope someone sees them for you.

>"David M" wrote

>The following two bicycles were stolen last night from my home in
>Maylands, WA. If they are offered to you or you have any information as
>to their whereabouts, please contact myself or the WA Police. A reward
>is offered for safe return or information leading to a safe return.

Dammit, another one in Perth!!

I will keep a look out for them at the same time I am looking for mine at
various Cashies.
Were your bikes locked up inside the house, or in a shed or somewhere else?
Are they covered under your contents insurance?

BruceA

This is gonna sound stupid perhaps, but on a front veranda. Although it
*is* through a high intercom automatic gate (or over a 2.2m high
limestone wall) up 2 flights of very steep steps, in an almost-enclosed
veranda (old federation house). Out of sight, but still in very good
vis of a major road to escape with the loot or be climbing in over the
wall. Steel eyelets epoxy fixed into brickwork, and with a heavy
stainless cable poss 10mm (3/8") diam through both bikes and all
wheels, and a large hardened lock. And it was neatly cut whilst I slept
:-( I never took the security *that* seriously I guess to bring them
inside, as if I'm not home then nor are the bikes, so they're never at
home alone.... They're our transport as well as recreation.

Insurance (RAC) are using every trick in the book to get out of paying,
which would be fine but I'm pretty short of cash right now :-( We
should ahve insured separately, should have kept them inside, should
have declared them separately etc etc....I could have guessed it I
suppose.

Staffy was sleeping inside, luckily for them.

Cheers
David M

BruceA wrote:
> >"David M" wrote

> >The following two bicycles were stolen last night from my home in
> >Maylands, WA. If they are offered to you or you have any information as
> >to their whereabouts, please contact myself or the WA Police. A reward
> >is offered for safe return or information leading to a safe return.

> Dammit, another one in Perth!!

it's Little Marty Boys's mom & dad they are the
bonnie & clyde of Perth.

David M said:
[...]

I'll keep an eye out too - I'm in South Perth. May have been a good thing that the Staffy was inside.Thieves have been known to do nasty things to dogs.

SteveA

"David M" wrote
> This is gonna sound stupid perhaps, but on a front veranda. Although it
> *is* through a high intercom automatic gate (or over a 2.2m high
> limestone wall) up 2 flights of very steep steps, in an almost-enclosed
> veranda (old federation house). Out of sight, but still in very good
> vis of a major road to escape with the loot or be climbing in over the
> wall. Steel eyelets epoxy fixed into brickwork, and with a heavy
> stainless cable poss 10mm (3/8") diam through both bikes and all
> wheels, and a large hardened lock. And it was neatly cut whilst I slept

Neatly cut? Wonder if it was a pre-meditated theft, ie they came prepared?
Wonder if they saw you coming and going with the bikes and thought they
would be worth nicking?
Bit academic at this stage really.
Yeah, all sorts of "shoulds" go through your head after a theft. Should
have kept it inside, should have specified it in the policy, should have
left Staffy guarding the bikes!!
Hope you are able to get something from insurance, on my policy I am able to
claim up to $1000 for items outdoors, or better still manage to find them.
I know what it is like to have a bike pinched and not have the finances to
replace it. When I first came to Perth 15 years ago I had my bike pinched
from Curtin Uni, and being a student couldn't afford to replace it, so had
to ride around on a $25 clunker for the next 12 months, which wasn't alot of
fun.

BruceA

SteveA wrote:
> I'll keep an eye out too - I'm in South Perth. May have been a good
> thing that the Staffy was inside.Thieves have been known to do nasty
> things to dogs.

like give them meatballs with poison in them hehehe DOG = DOA IN 2

SteveA wrote:
> I'll keep an eye out too - I'm in South Perth. May have been a good
> thing that the Staffy was inside.Thieves have been known to do nasty
> things to dogs.
>
> SteveA
>

> --
> SteveA

like give them meatballs with poison in them ... hehehe dog = DOA

I think it must have been premeditated. It was so neatly done, and so
quietly done, that I think it was all planned out. That's the problem
leaving and getting home each day with the peak-hour traffic outside my
house slowed to 10kph...

Anyway, having talked to the police and hock shops I've assumed I'll
never see them again, so I'm getting over that. More concerned right
now with the financial impost, and I guess as per a previous post
thankful that my dog didn't get injured/involved.

Cheers
David M

David M said:
I think it must have been premeditated. It was so neatly done, and so
quietly done, that I think it was all planned out. That's the problem
leaving and getting home each day with the peak-hour traffic outside my
house slowed to 10kph...

Anyway, having talked to the police and hock shops I've assumed I'll
never see them again, so I'm getting over that. More concerned right
now with the financial impost, and I guess as per a previous post
thankful that my dog didn't get injured/involved.

Cheers
David M
do you live on Guildford Rd?

I live just down the road, on Vincent St, so i will keep an eye out for you. Out of the 5 bikes i have had knicked i have got 3 of them back, and managed to catch the thief twice, so its not a foregone conclusion they are gone for.

I reckon the quokka is a sure bet.

I would like to be able to help you out, as i have a frame sitting at home not being used, but it is a 61cm frame!!

let us know if you need any bits and bods. Ive got handlebars, various gruppo bits, etc i dont use in the shed.

BB"my bikes live on one side of the bed, my wife the other" B

Thnaks for the offer Byron - we are almost neighbours! I do have an
old bike in bits (Shimano 105 Wheeler 6200) that I'll rebuild on the
weekend, to get me through. Should be right for parts, except for a
seapost and saddle. If you've got a spare of either I could borrow for
a couple of weeks then that would be sweet, otherwise I'm sure the LBS
(Speedlites) has something in their junk box...

Cheers
David M

David M said:
Thnaks for the offer Byron - we are almost neighbours! I do have an
old bike in bits (Shimano 105 Wheeler 6200) that I'll rebuild on the
weekend, to get me through. Should be right for parts, except for a
seapost and saddle. If you've got a spare of either I could borrow for
a couple of weeks then that would be sweet, otherwise I'm sure the LBS
(Speedlites) has something in their junk box...

Cheers
David M
yep, i have an old bianchi saddle that came with my bianchi (funnily enough...) and a seatpost that is 26.8mm i think. I will PM you with my details and if you want to use them, no worries. If your familiar with speedlites it might be easier to go there. Either way, let me know and i can arrange to meet up with you or leave them out the front.

David M said:
Thnaks for the offer Byron - we are almost neighbours! I do have an
old bike in bits (Shimano 105 Wheeler 6200) that I'll rebuild on the
weekend, to get me through. Should be right for parts, except for a
seapost and saddle. If you've got a spare of either I could borrow for
a couple of weeks then that would be sweet, otherwise I'm sure the LBS
(Speedlites) has something in their junk box...

Cheers
David M
Just realised i cant PM you!

my email is byron.davyatenvironment.wa.gov.au

Thanks Byron - if you're at Hyatt then I'm just up the road at DHW
(Plain/Hay). I'll see how I go on the weened and may ping you on
monday, depending.

On an aside, I think all the cables are stuffed, so I might just jury
rig it as an SS. For Perth commuting and western suburbs rec riding,
happy to take recomendations on ratio.

Cheers
David M

David M wrote:
> Thnaks for the offer Byron - we are almost neighbours! I do have an
> old bike in bits (Shimano 105 Wheeler 6200) that I'll rebuild on the
> weekend, to get me through. Should be right for parts, except for a
> seapost and saddle. If you've got a spare of either I could borrow for
> a couple of weeks then that would be sweet, otherwise I'm sure the LBS
> (Speedlites) has something in their junk box...
>
> Cheers
> David M

Put up a list of the bit's you need. We might be able to help out.

Kim