Stoneware and water baths

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by News Groups, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. News Groups

    News Groups Guest

    Hi all.....got a question here.

    I have some stoneware loaf pans that I would like to use to make my fruit
    cakes in this Christmas.
    The recipe I use is an old family recipe (calls for lining the pans with
    brown paper!!) and it says that
    the fruit cake needs to bake in a water bath. My question is, has anyone
    used stone ware with a water
    bath before? I surely do not want to ruin my stoneware but I'm not quite
    sure what would happen if I
    didn't put the cakes in a water bath to bake.

    Help!!!????

    Thanks!
    Pat

    Tags:

  2. Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "News Groups" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all.....got a question here.
    >
    > I have some stoneware loaf pans that I would like to use to make my fruit
    > cakes in this Christmas.
    > The recipe I use is an old family recipe (calls for lining the pans with
    > brown paper!!) and it says that
    > the fruit cake needs to bake in a water bath. My question is, has anyone
    > used stone ware with a water
    > bath before? I surely do not want to ruin my stoneware but I'm not quite
    > sure what would happen if I
    > didn't put the cakes in a water bath to bake.
    >
    > Help!!!????
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Pat

    Stoneware is really tough stuff. It will do just fine in a water bath.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  3. News Groups

    News Groups Guest