How it happened:
I was riding down the main street on the sidewalk when I decided to go
on the side of the street. I went one footed for about three to five
seconds keeping very straight and consistent.
Then I hear a honk beside me, go back to two feet and look over. A
police officer.
He told me to pull over and asked for ID. I asked him what I was being
stopped for and he told me that it was for dangerous driving. I asked
him to see if a unicycle was defined in the law. He pulled out his
handy book and defined it as a "muscular powered vehicle".
I then proceeded to ask whether I was being charged with anything. And
he said that he was going to write up a $325 ticket for me. (He was
serious)
My stomach instantly went heavy and I apologized for asking/arguing the
definition of a unicycle. After a minute of talking he asked me what
school I went from and how my grades were.
I told him my school and my grades were average. He asked me if I was
familiar with drugs in the school or the local hemp store.
I said no to both and told him that I have never even drank any alcohol
since I turned 19 and that I have never had any criminal charges.
This managed to sway him to not write the ticket.
It was a close call for me. That's a weeks worth of pay I almost lost
out on for about five seconds of riding.
Any one else have any similar experience while unicycling?
--
CoreTechs
Quoted message said:<> UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST<><
And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoreTechs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15629
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/65704
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com