Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Story about Ben Jacques-Maynes

Started by Bro Deal · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,659 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
21 February 2008
Last activity
21 February 2008
Original author
Bro Deal
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,659
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. He's not too happy about being cheated out of results by doping riders. I wish more riders got [censored] like this.

    http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080217/WIRE/802170404/1010/SPORT01

    Link from cyclingfansanonymous.

  2. Bro Deal said:

    He's not too happy about being cheated out of results by doping riders. I wish more riders got [censored] like this.

    http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080217/WIRE/802170404/1010/SPORT01

    Link from cyclingfansanonymous.


    He and Sven Tuft are freaking great! They have this straight edge thing going on, and I like it. I wonder if they both listen to Fugazi?

  3. thoughtforfood said:

    He and Sven Tuft are freaking great! They have this straight edge thing going on, and I like it. I wonder if they both listen to Fugazi?

    It's sad to think that he could be the greatest cyclist of his time if doping didn't exist. But what will he be remembered for?

  4. Bro Deal said:

    He's not too happy about being cheated out of results by doping riders. I wish more riders got [censored] like this.

    www1.pressdemocrat.comSPORT01

    Link from cyclingfansanonymous.

    Wow! An honest and expected response from someone who is riding clean - unlike the sorry BS we hear from the other 'clean' athletes, i.e. Millar, Evans, etc... Always liked Jacques-Maynes as a rider - he's got style and is aggresive.

    I think the author got it wrong stating cheating is more prevalent in Europe than in the US. I think it's just as prevalent in the US, just not on the same scale; it's hard to have a $50K a year doping program on a $30K salary. Different and cheaper drugs that allow a clean rider to win, but I don't think cheating is any less prevalent.

  5. fscyclist said:

    Wow! An honest and expected response from someone who is riding clean - unlike the sorry BS we hear from the other 'clean' athletes, i.e. Millar, Evans, etc... Always liked Jacques-Maynes as a rider - he's got style and is aggresive.

    I think the author got it wrong stating cheating is more prevalent in Europe than in the US. I think it's just as prevalent in the US, just not on the same scale; it's hard to have a $50K a year doping program on a $30K salary. Different and cheaper drugs that allow a clean rider to win, but I don't think cheating is any less prevalent.


    Id agree from anecdotal stuff abut Healthnet and Saturn and Rock.

  6. Bro Deal said:

    He's not too happy about being cheated out of results by doping riders. I wish more riders got [censored] like this.

    www1.pressdemocrat.comSPORT01

    Link from cyclingfansanonymous.


    To be honest I don't think so many riders get [censored] like because of the massive hypocrasy involved. The number of genuinely clean cyclists is probably quite small, and only these guys really have the right to get angry. Then there's probably a lot of unspoken pressure to not say anything that will rock the boat. If you do you get treated like Simeoni did by LA (to give but one example).

  7. He never read Landis book Whats fair is clear? [img]cyclingforums.comwink.gif[/img]

  8. Bro Deal said:

    He's not too happy about being cheated out of results by doping riders. I wish more riders got [censored] like this.

    http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080217/WIRE/802170404/1010/SPORT01

    Link from cyclingfansanonymous.

    Good interview - thanks for the link.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.