Strange Shin Pain

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dayo, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Dayo

    Dayo Guest

    I've been a consistent long-distance runner for more than 15 years. I
    know exactly what type of shoe to wear and how my body reacts to each
    and every run. Lately, I have been getting strange pains in my
    shins...not shin splints, more like muscle fatigue. As soon as I stop
    running, the pain is gone. I have never had this before, and it's
    becoming diffcult to sink into "the zone" because of the annoying pain.
    No amount of stretching seems to help. I have not made any changes to
    my running style or schedule, nor are my shoes worn out.

    Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

    Dayo

    Tags:

  2. On 30 Mar 2006 16:28:25 -0800, "Dayo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > nor are my shoes worn out.

    I beg to differ, or you need a new type or brand. What you describe
    are the exact pains that I get when my shoes are kaput, or if I've
    foolishly 1) bought nikes, or 2) bought the wrong model.

  3. rick++

    rick++ Guest

    Weightlifting exercises may help.
    Be moderate and dont overdo.

  4. Baal

    Baal Guest

    You may like to consider a bone scan. I had similar and discovered
    bilateral tibial stress fractures.

    --
    I smile and go off waving
    (Amiably) - for that's my way

    Baal

    http://www.helden.org.uk
    "Dayo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've been a consistent long-distance runner for more than 15 years. I
    > know exactly what type of shoe to wear and how my body reacts to each
    > and every run. Lately, I have been getting strange pains in my
    > shins...not shin splints, more like muscle fatigue. As soon as I stop
    > running, the pain is gone. I have never had this before, and it's
    > becoming diffcult to sink into "the zone" because of the annoying pain.
    > No amount of stretching seems to help. I have not made any changes to
    > my running style or schedule, nor are my shoes worn out.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
    >
    > Dayo

  5. "I need Pep in my step ~
    My spirit sags, my tail don't wag."
    ~ Twittering

  6. Dayo

    Dayo Guest

    Well, I know that the model of shoe is ok...It's been serving me very
    well thus far. Maybe I've just run more miles in them then I thought.
    I guess it can't hurt to get some new ones...in fact it will take away
    the hurt! Thanks for the advice!

    Dayo

  7. How can any pain in the legs be strange to a jogger?

  8. Dayo

    Dayo Guest

    Because if you're running correctly, you shouldn't normally have any
    pain!!!

  9. anders t

    anders t Guest

    Quoting Dayo in rec.running:
    >Because if you're running correctly, you shouldn't normally have any
    >pain!!!

    Someone needs a reality check! :)

    --
    All that we see, or seem,