Strange Shin Pain

Dayo

Guest
I've been a consistent long-distance runner for more than 15 years. I
know exactly what type of shoe to wear and how my body reacts to each
and every run. Lately, I have been getting strange pains in my
shins...not shin splints, more like muscle fatigue. As soon as I stop
running, the pain is gone. I have never had this before, and it's
becoming diffcult to sink into "the zone" because of the annoying pain.
No amount of stretching seems to help. I have not made any changes to
my running style or schedule, nor are my shoes worn out.

Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Dayo

On 30 Mar 2006 16:28:25 -0800, "Dayo" <[email protected]> wrote:

> nor are my shoes worn out.

I beg to differ, or you need a new type or brand. What you describe
are the exact pains that I get when my shoes are kaput, or if I've
foolishly 1) bought nikes, or 2) bought the wrong model.

Weightlifting exercises may help.
Be moderate and dont overdo.

You may like to consider a bone scan. I had similar and discovered
bilateral tibial stress fractures.

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk
"Dayo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been a consistent long-distance runner for more than 15 years. I
> know exactly what type of shoe to wear and how my body reacts to each
> and every run. Lately, I have been getting strange pains in my
> shins...not shin splints, more like muscle fatigue. As soon as I stop
> running, the pain is gone. I have never had this before, and it's
> becoming diffcult to sink into "the zone" because of the annoying pain.
> No amount of stretching seems to help. I have not made any changes to
> my running style or schedule, nor are my shoes worn out.
>
> Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.
>
> Dayo

"I need Pep in my step ~
My spirit sags, my tail don't wag."
~ Twittering

Well, I know that the model of shoe is ok...It's been serving me very
well thus far. Maybe I've just run more miles in them then I thought.
I guess it can't hurt to get some new ones...in fact it will take away
the hurt! Thanks for the advice!

Dayo

How can any pain in the legs be strange to a jogger?

Because if you're running correctly, you shouldn't normally have any
pain!!!

Quoting Dayo in rec.running:
>Because if you're running correctly, you shouldn't normally have any
>pain!!!

Someone needs a reality check! :)

--
All that we see, or seem,