Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

strength of 10 speed chains

Started by HandyAndy · · Last activity · 6 posts · 876 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 March 2004
Last activity
24 March 2004
Original author
HandyAndy
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
876
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had an unfortunate incident happen to me on my commute in to work today, a link on my chain twisted when my chain came off....so now the link is bent and the chain "aint right more!".This happened from a seating start at a red traffic light!This is the new 10 speed dura ace!This is my first time using a 10 speed group.Is campag this fragile!I've always been a shimano guy but now I'm thinking campag!Anyone else have these problems?

  2. I wouldn't change over one bad experience. If it happens again maybe change. Maybe look for alternatives like Wipperman or Miche.

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I had an unfortunate incident happen to me on my commute in to work today, a link on my chain twisted when my chain came off....so now the link is bent and the chain "aint right more!".This happened from a seating start at a red traffic light!This is the new 10 speed dura ace!This is my first time using a 10 speed group.Is campag this fragile!I've always been a shimano guy but now I'm thinking campag!Anyone else have these problems?

    Chain is not supposed to come off. It's oprator error or bad adjustment.Don't blame it on the chain.

  4. Ive had another look and where the new link goes the chain has bent, so I suspect it may not have been put together correctly.What are those "no tool" chains like?Are they reliable and are they available for 10 speed systems?

  5. Chains are way stronger than they even need to be... in the right plane. When you dump one, and put tons of pressure on a link from the side, of course it's not as tough as you'd like.

    The tool-free chains are awesome. I have a Wippermann link in my Campy 10sp and it has already come in handy on the road. Works perfectly.

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    I had an unfortunate incident happen to me on my commute in to work today, a link on my chain twisted when my chain came off....so now the link is bent and the chain "aint right more!".This happened from a seating start at a red traffic light!This is the new 10 speed dura ace!This is my first time using a 10 speed group.Is campag this fragile!I've always been a shimano guy but now I'm thinking campag!Anyone else have these problems?

    i ride campi and this happened once...check and see if your derailleur is alingned properly and if anything is in your free wheel

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.