General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Started by Damsel · · Last activity · 74 posts · 859 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 November 2005
Last activity
2 November 2005
Original author
Damsel
Posts
74
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
859
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 74
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    karen said:
    Damsel said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I was talking with Bill and I lost my connection before I could give
    any advice.
    I am not the expert on these. I have usually baked potatoes, scooped
    out the flesh, mixed it with butter and cheese and put it back into the
    shells to bake at 350 for maybe 15 minutes. They were okay. Someone
    must have a better recipe.

    I cook the potatoes in the microwave. Cook up some "trees" (broccoli)
    while they are cooking. Add butter and white pepper to the innards.
    While mashing, add milk until you like the texture. We usually salt at
    the table, but some salt might be good also here. Cut up some green
    onion and the "trees". Mix and stuff shells. Put grated cheddar cheese
    on top. Bake in oven until cheese is melted. It's a whole dinner by
    itself.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    karen said:
    Damsel said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I was talking with Bill and I lost my connection before I could give
    any advice.
    I am not the expert on these. I have usually baked potatoes, scooped
    out the flesh, mixed it with butter and cheese and put it back into the
    shells to bake at 350 for maybe 15 minutes. They were okay. Someone
    must have a better recipe.

    I cook the potatoes in the microwave. Cook up some "trees" (broccoli)
    while they are cooking. Add butter and white pepper to the innards.
    While mashing, add milk until you like the texture. We usually salt at
    the table, but some salt might be good also here. Cut up some green
    onion and the "trees". Mix and stuff shells. Put grated cheddar cheese
    on top. Bake in oven until cheese is melted. It's a whole dinner by
    itself.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  3. "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I bake 'em, dig out the insides and mix the insides with sour cream, butter,
    ham or bacon, broccoli, cheese, whatever, and then put the insides back in
    and BROIL until golden. I think the key is to add a bunch of butter and
    cheese to the insides, and you need to mash the mixture to the consistency
    of regular mashed potatoes. My friends and family have always begged me for
    my double stuffed 'taters. The only reason my hubby doesn't is 'cause he's
    trying to do low carb and won't eat a potato. If he tried mine, he would
    probably be HUGE.

    kili

  4. "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I bake 'em, dig out the insides and mix the insides with sour cream, butter,
    ham or bacon, broccoli, cheese, whatever, and then put the insides back in
    and BROIL until golden. I think the key is to add a bunch of butter and
    cheese to the insides, and you need to mash the mixture to the consistency
    of regular mashed potatoes. My friends and family have always begged me for
    my double stuffed 'taters. The only reason my hubby doesn't is 'cause he's
    trying to do low carb and won't eat a potato. If he tried mine, he would
    probably be HUGE.

    kili

  5. "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I bake 'em, dig out the insides and mix the insides with sour cream, butter,
    ham or bacon, broccoli, cheese, whatever, and then put the insides back in
    and BROIL until golden. I think the key is to add a bunch of butter and
    cheese to the insides, and you need to mash the mixture to the consistency
    of regular mashed potatoes. My friends and family have always begged me for
    my double stuffed 'taters. The only reason my hubby doesn't is 'cause he's
    trying to do low carb and won't eat a potato. If he tried mine, he would
    probably be HUGE.

    kili

  6. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    Thanks for the assist!
    Bill

  7. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    Thanks for the assist!
    Bill

  8. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    Thanks for the assist!
    Bill

  9. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

  10. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

  11. On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

  12. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    I have a potato masher. It takes about a minute for a bunch of spuds,
    and leaves them pretty chunky. Probably another two minutes and they
    wouldn't be so chunky.

    Whatever floats your boat. I like them chunky, but if you want them
    pureed that would be good also.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    I have a potato masher. It takes about a minute for a bunch of spuds,
    and leaves them pretty chunky. Probably another two minutes and they
    wouldn't be so chunky.

    Whatever floats your boat. I like them chunky, but if you want them
    pureed that would be good also.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill said:

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    I have a potato masher. It takes about a minute for a bunch of spuds,
    and leaves them pretty chunky. Probably another two minutes and they
    wouldn't be so chunky.

    Whatever floats your boat. I like them chunky, but if you want them
    pureed that would be good also.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email hidden]
    Petaluma, California, USA

  15. "Bill" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

    I mash them with a fork or a potato masher while the other ingredients are
    in there. IOW, I scoop out the insides, mix the insides with my fillings
    (butter, cheese, sour cream, broccoli, etc.) and mash them all together with
    a fork or masher. It blends everything, requires very little clean up and
    it doesn't take very long. Then, broil to bubbly goodness. Yum.

    kili

  16. "Bill" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

    I mash them with a fork or a potato masher while the other ingredients are
    in there. IOW, I scoop out the insides, mix the insides with my fillings
    (butter, cheese, sour cream, broccoli, etc.) and mash them all together with
    a fork or masher. It blends everything, requires very little clean up and
    it doesn't take very long. Then, broil to bubbly goodness. Yum.

    kili

  17. "Bill" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

    I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
    night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
    about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
    powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
    or something similar?

    Bill

    I mash them with a fork or a potato masher while the other ingredients are
    in there. IOW, I scoop out the insides, mix the insides with my fillings
    (butter, cheese, sour cream, broccoli, etc.) and mash them all together with
    a fork or masher. It blends everything, requires very little clean up and
    it doesn't take very long. Then, broil to bubbly goodness. Yum.

    kili

  18. I add cooked-seasoned minced beef to the innards of the cooked potatoes,
    mix well and put back into to the "shells" with grated cheese on top .
    Then return to oven or grill until the top is crispy. Mince can be as
    spicy as you want with whatever takes your fancy in it, mine normally
    has onions, dried tomatoes and chillis.

    Steve

    PS have restrained from commenting on the entry about microwaved baked
    spuds, they may be cooked but can't be considered baked

    Damsel said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

  19. I add cooked-seasoned minced beef to the innards of the cooked potatoes,
    mix well and put back into to the "shells" with grated cheese on top .
    Then return to oven or grill until the top is crispy. Mince can be as
    spicy as you want with whatever takes your fancy in it, mine normally
    has onions, dried tomatoes and chillis.

    Steve

    PS have restrained from commenting on the entry about microwaved baked
    spuds, they may be cooked but can't be considered baked

    Damsel said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

  20. I add cooked-seasoned minced beef to the innards of the cooked potatoes,
    mix well and put back into to the "shells" with grated cheese on top .
    Then return to oven or grill until the top is crispy. Mince can be as
    spicy as you want with whatever takes your fancy in it, mine normally
    has onions, dried tomatoes and chillis.

    Steve

    PS have restrained from commenting on the entry about microwaved baked
    spuds, they may be cooked but can't be considered baked

    Damsel said:

    Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
    gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
    but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.

    Thanks!
    Damsel Spud

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.