UK and Europe · Public discussion

Sturmey Archer 8 sp XRF8 availability?

Started by Tomek Li · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,462 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
30 January 2006
Last activity
31 January 2006
Original author
Tomek Li
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,462
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anybody know, if it is available anywhere? Could I place mail order
    with some retailer? How much it would be?

    Cheers,

    Tomek Li

  2. Tomek Li said:

    Does anybody know, if it is available anywhere? Could I place mail order
    with some retailer? How much it would be?

    Read some reviews first. It is very poor compared to the Shimano
    8-speed hub.

  3. In article said:

    Does anybody know, if it is available anywhere? Could I place mail order
    with some retailer? How much it would be?

    http://www.oldbiketrader.co.uk/display_Sturmey_Archer.php?options=newhubspost
    lists it at 124 pounds.
    (I thought http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?cat104.htm had them too,
    but it looks like I was confusing it with the 5 speed.)
    http://www.roman-road.co.uk/prices/#SAhubs says 149 pounds, not yet
    available, but it might be worth checking whether that's out of date.

  4. "Zog The Undeniable" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:43de7392.0@entanet...

    Quoted message said:
    Tomek Li said:

    Does anybody know, if it is available anywhere? Could I place mail order
    with some retailer? How much it would be?

    Read some reviews first. It is very poor compared to the Shimano 8-speed
    hub.

    Right, they're perhaps not as good as Shimano, but they have one specific
    feature, which make them iteresting - very narrow OLD, allowing for fitting
    in the old frames. I happen to have one such old frame, ornamental lugwork
    etc, 531 tubingg, etc. Before I try the more brutal option like spreading
    the rear triangle to fit Shimano 130-135 OLD hub, I'm just checking the
    other, simpler ways.

    Thank you,
    Tomek Li

  5. "Alan Braggins" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Thank you, Alan.
    It looks like they're not available at all. At least, I know where I'm
    standing now.

    Cheers,

    Tomek Li

  6. "Alan Braggins" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Thank you, Alan.
    It looks like they're not available at all. At least, I know where I'm
    standing now.

    Cheers,

    Tomek Li

  7. Tomek Li said:

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:43de7392.0@entanet...

    Quoted message said:
    Tomek Li said:

    Does anybody know, if it is available anywhere? Could I place mail order
    with some retailer? How much it would be?

    Read some reviews first. It is very poor compared to the Shimano 8-speed
    hub.

    Right, they're perhaps not as good as Shimano, but they have one specific
    feature, which make them iteresting - very narrow OLD, allowing for fitting
    in the old frames. I happen to have one such old frame, ornamental lugwork
    etc, 531 tubingg, etc. Before I try the more brutal option like spreading
    the rear triangle to fit Shimano 130-135 OLD hub, I'm just checking the
    other, simpler ways.

    A Nexus SG 8 without rollerbrake will be about 120 mm without spacers

    --
    ---
    Marten Gerritsen

    INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
    www.m-gineering.nl

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.