General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

substitute blackstrap molasses for mild?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 270 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 April 2006
Last activity
13 April 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
270
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can I substitute blackstrap molasses for mild in a baked bean recipe if
    I maybe add some maple syrup? The recipe calls for 1/2 mild molasses
    for a pound of beans.

  2. Quoted message said:

    Can I substitute blackstrap molasses for mild in a baked bean recipe if
    I maybe add some maple syrup? The recipe calls for 1/2 mild molasses
    for a pound of beans.

    You can substitute it w/o adding maple syrup.... they are
    interchangeable for me. What are your other ingredients?
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  3. Quoted message said:

    Can I substitute blackstrap molasses for mild in a baked bean recipe if
    I maybe add some maple syrup? The recipe calls for 1/2 mild molasses
    for a pound of beans.

    You can, but you won't like it. You would be better off substituting
    dark brown sugar, then add blackstrap a teaspoon at a time if you think
    it needs more oomph.

    Bob

  4. Quoted message said:

    Can I substitute blackstrap molasses for mild in a baked bean recipe if

    Certainly. I keep a bottle of blackstrap around for just that purpose.

    nb

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.