Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Sun CR18 650B rims--status

Started by Luigi de Guzman · · Last activity · 8 posts · 413 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 June 2007
Last activity
27 June 2007
Original author
Luigi de Guzman
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
413
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there--

    Does anybody know whether Sun is now shipping CR18 rims in 650B? Last I
    heard they had produced a batch that was defective (oversized). My LBS
    tells me they can score a couple of CR18s in 650B. Has sun straightened
    out their 650B production yet?

    --
    Luigi de Guzman
    http://ouij.livejournal.com

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Luigi de Guzman said:

    Hi there--

    Does anybody know whether Sun is now shipping CR18 rims in 650B? Last I
    heard they had produced a batch that was defective (oversized). My LBS
    tells me they can score a couple of CR18s in 650B. Has sun straightened
    out their 650B production yet?

    Velo Orange has them on their website and are selling wheels made
    with them. I don't know if that answers your question or if velo
    orange is a reliable business, but it might be worth an email to them.

    http://www.velo-orange.com/

    _ Booker C. Bense

  3. Luigi de Guzman said:

    Hi there--

    Does anybody know whether Sun is now shipping CR18 rims in 650B? Last I
    heard they had produced a batch that was defective (oversized). My LBS
    tells me they can score a couple of CR18s in 650B. Has sun straightened
    out their 650B production yet?

    --
    Luigi de Guzmanhttp://ouij.livejournal.com

    Don't know, but Synergies are really great rims and come in OC too.

  4. Nate Knutson said:

    Don't know, but Synergies are really great rims and come in OC too.

    Do they come in 36H?

    --
    Luigi de Guzman
    http://ouij.livejournal.com

  5. Booker C. Bense bbense+rec.bicycles.tech.Jun. said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Luigi de Guzman said:

    Hi there--

    Quoted message said:

    Does anybody know whether Sun is now shipping CR18 rims in 650B? Last I
    heard they had produced a batch that was defective (oversized). My LBS
    tells me they can score a couple of CR18s in 650B. Has sun straightened
    out their 650B production yet?

    Velo Orange has them on their website and are selling wheels made
    with them. I don't know if that answers your question or if velo
    orange is a reliable business, but it might be worth an email to them.

    http://www.velo-orange.com/

    I don't know what the situation with the CR18/650Bs is, but Velo
    Orange *is* a reliable business, IME.

  6. Luigi de Guzman said:
    Nate Knutson said:

    Don't know, but Synergies are really great rims and come in OC too.

    Do they come in 36H?

    --
    Luigi de Guzmanhttp://ouij.livejournal.com

    http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=591

  7. A follow-up:

    I e-mailed Chris at Velo Orange about this, and he says that 650B folding
    tires fit fine on his Sun CR18s--at least the second time, since they
    stretch a little. Wire bead "will always be tight."

    I'm still trying to find out what that means. Hopefully that means either
    the Kenda Globetrotters or Panaracer Col de la Vie tires mount...

    -Luigi

    --
    Luigi de Guzman
    http://ouij.livejournal.com

  8. Luigi de Guzman said:

    A follow-up:

    I e-mailed Chris at Velo Orange about this, and he says that 650B folding
    tires fit fine on his Sun CR18s--at least the second time, since they
    stretch a little. Wire bead "will always be tight."

    I'm still trying to find out what that means. Hopefully that means either
    the Kenda Globetrotters or Panaracer Col de la Vie tires mount...

    I think he means that wire beads do not "stretch", so those tires will
    always be a tight fit. So, it seems, limit your choices to kevlar bead
    (aka, "folding"😉 tires.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.