Sunglass recommendations - ladies, fog-free

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Angelcats, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Angelcats

    Angelcats Guest

    In follow-up to the previous poster on sunglass recommendations, can anyone recommend some good
    brands/styles that are smaller, for women's faces, and specifically fog-free?

    I have been through various running glasses from roadrunnersports.com, currently have Oakley
    twenties, but I always have trouble with fogging, especially during runs, but also on the bike.

    I like the Eqynoix (sp?) by Rudy, but the frame is huge! And, the follow-up to that model, meant for
    smaller faces, is not fog-free.

    Any suggestions would be welcomed.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Stu

    Stu Guest

    Anti-Fog trick.

    Ok, this may not work for everyone, but try this with your older foggy glasses. Cut out a piece of
    form (very small) and form it to the bridg of your nose. Place this between your glasses and face.
    It keeps air flowing. Once you get the idea of how to cut the piece of form, it works great. I do
    this with most of my glasses during the cold months. It woks like a dream for me.

    Again - just a though from an age-grouper.

    Stacy "Stu" Madison, Wisconsin Current Temp -8

    "Angelcats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In follow-up to the previous poster on sunglass recommendations, can anyone recommend some good
    > brands/styles that are smaller, for women's faces, and specifically fog-free?
    >
    > I have been through various running glasses from roadrunnersports.com, currently have Oakley
    > twenties, but I always have trouble with fogging, especially during runs, but also on the bike.
    >
    > I like the Eqynoix (sp?) by Rudy, but the frame is huge! And, the follow-up to that model, meant
    > for smaller faces, is not fog-free.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Angelcats

    Angelcats Guest

    Hi Stacy "Stu". Thanks for the tip; it'd be great to make my existing Oakleys work.

    But, what is "form" and how do you make it stick to your glasses?

    Thanks, Leslie

  4. salt4445

    salt4445 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2004
    My company manufactures high quality antifogs for any sort of eyewear, www.salclear.com

    In our experience antifog coated goggles, sunglasses and so on dont work that effectively. The coating is not that 'antifog' to start with (try putting any coated lenses over the kettle and see what happens). Eventually such coatings get washed away in heavy rain or exposure to water.

    A good quality antifog can be applied to your sunglasses or goggles and would impart excellent humidity resistance, limited wash off, and low smear characteristics to your lenses.

    The problem is that for every one good product there are 10 mediocre ones and a handfull of pretty poor ones. You basically pay for what you get.

    Older methods of preventing fogging including things like spit, washing detergents, shampoos and bar soap. This is pseudo science. Use properly formulated antifogs applied to any good pair of sunglasses and you wont need to choose glasses with gimmicky vent holes or wacky shapes to increase ventilation.