I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Suntour Superbe pedal bearings
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 7 November 2006
- Last activity
- 8 November 2006
- Original author
- Bill Tomkiewicz
- Posts
- 9
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,199
- Views / 30 days
- 12
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Bill Tomkiewicz said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?Chances are they're a standard size, find a engineering supplies store
and take a couple along for them to measure.Cheers
Joel
-
Bill Tomkiewicz said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?I can't answer your question but must say those were sweet pedals.
Perhaps the zenith of quill pedals.
--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
**************************** -
"Bill Tomkiewicz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does
anyone know of a source for these bearings?
Sheldon Browns Harris Cyclery likely has them here:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/hub-parts.html#bearingsAnother sourse is
http://www.vxb.com/ballbearings.html?gclid=CJeCh96st4gCFQpMUAodxmnwyw -
When it comes to sealed bearings, I think there are only a few things
that matter, e.g. the dimensions. For example, 6001 hub bearings are
very common, and they are :28x12x8
meaning, 28 mm outer diameter, 12mm inner diameter, and 8mm wide. If
you can remove one bearing and measure it, the dimensions will allow
you to find a replacement at an online bearing shop. For example, my
mavic hubs came with :6001-ZRS
6001 = 28x12x8 bearing
Z = metal seal on one side
RS = rubber seal on the other sizealthough I probably could have bought 6001-2Z or 6001-2RS bearings
(metal on both sides; rubber on both sides) without serious
repercussions.I have recently learned that there are at least 4 types of replacement
bearings :- 'normal' bearings, that probably came with your hub, about $5-$10/ea.
- 'high speed' bearings which typically have no-contact seals, $8.
- 'ceramic' bearings which have very special ceramic balls with, $20
some amazing properties such as 4x longer wear and ability to
tolerate no grease for much longer and less friction but at
about 4x the cost.- 'angular' bearings (www.philwood.com) which supposedly are , $100
super-low friction and cost a large fortune.- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA -
Bill Tomkiewicz said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?No source. Bikepro.com says:
<Japanese Nachi 6800 LR [inner] bearing. The outer bearing is a Nachi
698NSE.> --D-y -
Quoted message said:
Bill Tomkiewicz said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?No source. Bikepro.com says:
<Japanese Nachi 6800 LR [inner] bearing. The outer bearing is a Nachi
698NSE.> --D-ysome specs here:
http://www.nachi.de/pdf/B4031E-2.pdf
also has contact info for US..
-
Quoted message said:
Bill Tomkiewicz said:
I need to replace the bearing sets in my Suntour Superbe pedals. Does anyone
know of a source for these bearings?No source. Bikepro.com says:
<Japanese Nachi 6800 LR [inner] bearing. The outer bearing is a Nachi
698NSE.> --D-yAnd here's some info on NSE bearing dimensions:
http://www.nachi-fujikoshi.co.jp/eng/jik/pdf/147-158.pdf
online distributor?:
ahh, the power of Google.
Cheers,
Michael Davis -
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/en-gb/dept_217.html
698 ZZ bearings - 8x19x6 mm bearing.
- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.