Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I can find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit some fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of slot) with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders. I have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy. I'm about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I can find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit some fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of slot) with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders. I have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy. I'm about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
Have you actually used the Salmon fenders? If so what do you think about them? I'm tempted to buy a set. They will ship 2 sets free from France. Anyone want to go for these?
Alan
"KinkyCowboy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
KBH said:
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I can find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit some fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of
slot)
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders. I have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy.
I'm
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
"KBH" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:aT83a.101323$tq4.3965@sccrnsc01...
Quoted message said:
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I can find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit some fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of
slot)
Quoted message said:
with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders. I have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy.
I'm
Quoted message said:
about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
Perhaps the Zefal for 700-20? It's 33mm wide, black only here.
They look like they don't fit underneath the brake calipers, but around them. Is that the case?
"Alan Fishman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Have you actually used the Salmon fenders? If so what do you think about them? I'm tempted to buy a set. They will ship 2 sets free from France. Anyone want to go for these?
Alan
"KinkyCowboy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
KBH said:
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I
can
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit
some
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of
slot)
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders.
I
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy.
I'm
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
Have you actually used the Salmon fenders? If so what do you think about them? I'm tempted to buy a set. They will ship 2 sets free from France. Anyone want to go for these?
Alan
"KinkyCowboy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
KBH said:
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? Kyle
Yes, I've got a pair on my road bike. They are a bit fiddly to fit, may need some of the special brackets if your clearances are very tight, and they're fairly expensive. Against that, they're light, strong, possibly the only choice for close clearance frames, and above all they keep your bum dry. They've been discussed on this group before, so a google search will get you some more opinions and links to peoples set up pictures. I have no hesitation in recommending them, fwiw.
Kinky Cowboy
*Your milage may vary Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts.
A Muzi <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"KBH" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:aT83a.101323$tq4.3965@sccrnsc01...
Quoted message said:
Can anyone recommend some super skinny fenders? The slimmest ones I can find are the SKS or Freddy 35mm ones. What I'm trying to do is fit some fenders underneath my short reach ultegra calipers (pads in bottom of
slot)
Quoted message said:
with 25C tires. I'm convinced IT CAN BE DONE with the right fenders. I have the 35mm SKS fenders on another bike and they're a bit too beefy.
I'm
Quoted message said:
about to splurge on those Berthoud carbon fiber fenders at Wallingford (perfect) , but I wanted to check and see if there were some cheaper alternatives first.
Perhaps the Zefal for 700-20? It's 33mm wide, black only here.