Road Cycling · Public discussion

SuperGo a scam?

Started by dgk · · Last activity · 21 posts · 1,236 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
22 December 2005
Last activity
24 December 2005
Original author
dgk
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,236
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Pat Lamb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Mike Jacoubowsky said:

    Performance, on the other hand, markets itself as a full-on retail
    bicycle shop, with excellent service etc. The degree to which they
    succeed varies widely by location, with many generating a lot of
    complaints. Not to say that the normal LBS doesn't have issues as well,
    but Performance seems to miss the mark in terms of expectation vs
    delivery. Underperforming expecations.

    Yeah, but they got more parking space than you do...
    🙂

    Quoted message said:

    I was almost positive that they'd re-brand Performance stores as Supergo,
    and take it from there. Obviously, I was completely wrong. They must know
    what they're doing, but darned if I can figure it out...

    My limited exposure to Supergo led me to believe they were the Big Lots of
    the bicycle world. You might be able to score a killer deal, or they
    wouldn't have what you wanted.

    Performance has their house brands, and it's nice to pick up a jersey for
    $20-25, vs. the name-brand $60-85. I think this (Performance brand) is
    their niche. Otherwise, they have limited selection and high prices (by
    mail order standards).


    I have worn a lot of Performance clothing. It works. The prices are very low
    for their house brand. I used a pair of Performance MTB shoes for TEN YEARS
    before the sole finally separated.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.