Survey - Redesign of a braking system

ChrissM

Dec 5, 2011
Hi there, my names Chris and i'm a design student up in Liverpool, UK. Our team here are looking at a possible re-design of a braking system for a bicycle.

I have created this survey to try and gain a little more information on our cycling friends and understand maybe what bugs you about the brakes you use or what you think is good about them.

If you have a spare few minutes please help out by answering the following questions (I won't drag it out, there's only 10 :) ). Also All information submitted is anonymous, any data collected will be collated and used for such things as graphs/percentages only

This would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks!

Chris

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=kd6y73cp989a2k41002291

if, in professional cycling, anything is gonna change on braking systems, it is already on the market: disc brakes.
But brake calipers have been around for ages and they are continually improved, year by year, it is to be seen if manufacturers finally make the leap into disc brakes,

a unique need in road bikes its their weight, so your school design needs to take that into account, if you create killer brakes that double calipers in weight then they are useless,