UK and Europe · Public discussion

Sustrans takes the cash

Started by Steve · · Last activity · 6 posts · 644 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
12 December 2007
Last activity
13 December 2007
Original author
Steve
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
644
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    Steve

  2. Steve said:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    It won close to half the vote.

  3. "Tom Crispin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve said:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    It won close to half the vote.

    .... what would be interesting, but I don't suppose it will be published, is
    the vote numbers the others got? My money would be on Eden as runner
    up and the other two way back down the track.

    What makes the thing even better is that the £50 mill is only half the
    deal - the LAs etc have agreed a 50/50 matched funding so it's really £100
    mill.

    I wonder who'll present the cheque to Grimshaw? .... IIRC when they got the
    £40 mill before it was Mr Loaf (aka Meatloaf) that did the honours.

    RG

  4. RG' nochance said:


    "Tom Crispin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve said:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    It won close to half the vote.

    ... what would be interesting, but I don't suppose it will be published, is
    the vote numbers the others got? My money would be on Eden as runner
    up and the other two way back down the track.

    What makes the thing even better is that the £50 mill is only half the
    deal - the LAs etc have agreed a 50/50 matched funding so it's really £100
    mill.

    I wonder who'll present the cheque to Grimshaw? .... IIRC when they got the
    £40 mill before it was Mr Loaf (aka Meatloaf) that did the honours.

    The BBC report that the total cost of the project is £140m.

  5. RG said:

    "Tom Crispin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve said:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    It won close to half the vote.

    ... what would be interesting, but I don't suppose it will be published, is
    the vote numbers the others got? My money would be on Eden as runner
    up and the other two way back down the track.

    Possibly. It already had taken £60M of cash though, so I'm not sure why it
    deserved more. Still, the Sherwood one was rubbish, even the locals
    thought it was pretentious [censored].

    Steve

  6. Steve said:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7140621.stm

    Best of a bad bunch I guess, but some benefit is better than nothing.

    I'm not at all surprised that the project that would be of local benefit
    to the most people won and I truly hope that Sustrans do a good job with
    the cash.

    Cheers,
    Luke

    --
    Red Rose Ramblings, the diary of an Essex boy in
    exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.