T-Mobile Strategy?

gk

Guest
After hearing again and agian how much harder stage 15 was than
expected, I am wondering if Ulrich/Kloden and the team purposfully
attacked knowing they wouldn't win, to try and wear down Basso (and
maybe Lance) before the Alpe time trial, to set Ullrich up for maybe
taking some time out of Basso? Any thoughts?

"gk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After hearing again and agian how much harder stage 15 was than
> expected, I am wondering if Ulrich/Kloden and the team purposfully
> attacked knowing they wouldn't win, to try and wear down Basso (and
> maybe Lance) before the Alpe time trial, to set Ullrich up for maybe
> taking some time out of Basso? Any thoughts?

Duhhhhhhhhh.

"gk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After hearing again and agian how much harder stage 15 was than
> expected, I am wondering if Ulrich/Kloden and the team purposfully
> attacked knowing they wouldn't win, to try and wear down Basso (and
> maybe Lance) before the Alpe time trial, to set Ullrich up for maybe
> taking some time out of Basso? Any thoughts?

He was trying in vain to mess with Lance's head:
"Another disappointing day for Jan Ullrich, who at least has the
satisfaction that he tried and failed today. 'I said before that I was going
to give it my maximum at this Tour...when I attacked, I tried to unnerve
Lance. I had to give it my all because I really wanted to win today. I've
recovered well on the rest day and I'm feeling good. But I found a really
strong team from Postal and Voigt helped too...it's too bad.'"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/tour04/?id=results/stage15