TE for sale drew strange request. Scam?

I received this email from what appears to be yet another scammer:

I'm interested in purchasing the 2001 Vision R54. Low miles you intend to sell and I'll like to know
the last price and also the method of payment. Looking forward hear from you.

Best regards,

Thomas.

I told him my asking price is 25,000 dollars for my 2001 R54.

the guy fell for it. I guess they don't even bother to check stuff out. I would have loved to pay
you in cash.But since my Agent in the United States who owes me money said he will issue you a
cashier's check tagged the total amount of money he owes me($33,800).

Don't bother about the shipping.My private shipper would be handling that on my behalf,All you need
do is to cash the check after you recieve it.Deduct the amount of the 2001 Vision R54 and I hope I
can then trust you to send the balance to my shipper.

If this suites you please send the details

Full Name.............

Contact Address...........

Phone #................

In order to have the check sent immediately.

Best Regards.

Thomas.

"Bill Wiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I received this email from what appears to be yet another scammer:
>
> I'm interested in purchasing the 2001 Vision R54. Low miles you intend to sell and I'll like to
> know the last price and also the method of payment. Looking forward hear from you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas.
>
> I told him my asking price is 25,000 dollars for my 2001 R54.

I was told by another person who got a similar offer(he checked with police who told him how the
scam works).The "buyer" offers your a "certified" check from another party that owes "buyer" money.
More money then you are asking for your bike. The check is printed on a PC and is good enough that
your bank cashes it. You ship you bike, Western union the extra money. Several days later your bank
wants their money back or you face fraud charges.

news:<[email protected]>...

Bill Wiley wrote:
> the guy fell for it. I guess they don't even bother to check stuff out. I would have loved to pay
> you in cash.But since my Agent in the United States who owes me money said he will issue you a
> cashier's check tagged the total amount of money he owes me($33,800).

He fell for nothing. You are about to be the sucker if you do business with him. It is dangerous to
even respond to these people.

> Don't bother about the shipping.My private shipper would be handling that on my behalf,All you
> need do is to cash the check after you recieve it.Deduct the amount of the 2001 Vision R54 and I
> hope I can then trust you to send the balance to my shipper.
>
> If this suites you please send the details
>
> Full Name.............
>
> Contact Address...........
>
> Phone #................
>
> In order to have the check sent immediately.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Thomas.
>
> "Bill Wiley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>I received this email from what appears to be yet another scammer:
>>
>>I'm interested in purchasing the 2001 Vision R54. Low miles you intend to sell and I'll like to
>>know the last price and also the method of payment. Looking forward hear from you.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Thomas.
>>
>>I told him my asking price is 25,000 dollars for my 2001 R54.

The people running the scams are using a search engine for "tour*", years (usually found in motor vehicle ads), etc. They don't need to read the ads or even understand them, they probably just "copy" and "paste" the pertinent terms into their own "form letter".

OBTW, I have even gotten these "offers" through singles sites. When I get them, I notify the appropriate customer service and they shut down the account.