Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Team Discovery, is this their last year?

Started by Cycler6n · · Last activity · 15 posts · 1,371 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
18 July 2007
Last activity
24 July 2007
Original author
Cycler6n
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,371
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Is it? Their my fav. team, just wonderin if their retiering from the tour

  2. Unfortunately,

    Discovery had dropped them for the next year. I believe the doping scandals
    have had something to do with it.

    Doug

  3. djrocker257 said:


    Discovery had dropped them for the next year. I believe the doping scandals
    have had something to do with it.


    In Discovery's case it was money issues. There was a reorg at the corp's top and they don't want to spend money on a cycling team anymore.

    Doping had nothing to do with it. Team Disco has been extremely resistant to any of the reforms against doping, right up to the point of breaking an agreement between teams and hiring Basso and others connected wit Operation Puerto.
    .

  4. Id like to see USPS come back to cycling. Maybe Lance would step in and take lead? not on a bike but manager or something of the sort. That would be simply awesome...doubt it will happen.

    Maybe a nice american company, ummm chevy? hahhaa

  5. mongooseboy said:

    Id like to see USPS come back to cycling. Maybe Lance would step in and take lead? not on a bike but manager or something of the sort. That would be simply awesome...doubt it will happen.

    Maybe a nice american company, ummm chevy? hahhaa

    You do know that Lance is part owner of the team and still has a large part in the decisions made don't you.....

    Who the sponsor(s) of any pro team is, is bound to change from time to time, but the teams usually stay around. They are of course changeable - riders move around -usually the most stable part of the team is the directeur sportif.

    Just look at all of the teams that have changed major sponsors in the last few years Saeco=Lampre, Davitamon-Lotto = Predictor Lotto, USPS=Discovery, Fassa Bortalo=Milram, just to name a few...

  6. When Discovery is gone I wonder which team will ride Trek!

  7. JTE83 said:

    When Discovery is gone I wonder which team will ride Trek!

    Probably no one, since they all realize that It's Not About The Bike...

  8. JTE83 said:

    When Discovery is gone I wonder which team will ride Trek!


    Hopefully none. Cervelo and Specialized are supporting TdF broadcasting in the U.S. by buying ads on Versus. Where's Trek?

  9. JTE83 said:

    When Discovery is gone I wonder which team will ride Trek!

    Depends how much Trek is willing to pony up in sponsorship dosh.

  10. I predict a large sponsor from China will appear. Having Contador win the tour won't hurt either.

  11. tinear10 said:

    I predict a large sponsor from China will appear. Having Contador win the tour won't hurt either.

    I was gonna say, regardless of whether this is Discovery's last year, I bet this is Leipheimer's last year.

    Or, the way things are going, 2006 was Leipheimer's last year.

  12. Ah reckon.....next year they'll be fixin Harley Davidson and Anheuser Busch for the TdF2008. All riders shall wear Mullets and ride Schwinn bikes. Y'all hear??

  13. Induray said:

    Ah reckon.....next year they'll be fixin Harley Davidson and Anheuser Busch for the TdF2008. All riders shall wear Mullets and ride Schwinn bikes. Y'all hear??

    Hey, I resent that..

    Image in Team Discovery, is this their last year?

  14. I heard they were dropped because of all the negative press around the drug scandal, suuuucks, although that would give a bad name to the sport

  15. Xsmoker said:

    Hey, I resent that..

    Image in Team Discovery, is this their last year?

    ROTFL!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.