Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Tektro R200A brake levers-recommended!

Started by maxo · · Last activity · 7 posts · 907 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 August 2005
Last activity
15 August 2005
Original author
maxo
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
907
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a Campy
    Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck. Highly
    recommended if you're upgrading a bike with d/t shifters, bar-ends, or a
    single speed.

    I'm still dialing in the angle, but I'll post a picture link tomorrow.

    Same as the Cane Creek SCR-5 lever.

    The Cane Creek comes in a compact model, something worth exploring even
    for those with moderate sized paws.

    Lickbike has them:

    lickbike.comproductpage.aspx

  2. maxo <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a
    Campy Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck. Highly
    recommended if you're upgrading a bike with d/t shifters, bar-ends, or
    a single speed.

    I'm still dialing in the angle, but I'll post a picture link tomorrow.

    Same as the Cane Creek SCR-5 lever.

    But, as someone pointed out, the Tektros don't have the annoying Hood
    Lizards.

    "Hood Lizards" - now that would be a cool band name!

    -HW

  3. Hank Wirtz said:


    But, as someone pointed out, the Tektros don't have the annoying Hood
    Lizards

    Those cost $10

    :P

  4. maxo said:

    I just got a set of these from my LBS. $25. Brilliant! Pretty much a Campy
    Ergo clone as far as shape. Superb quality for the buck.

    I've been using some for a few months and love the shape and size. The
    pivots for the levers seem pretty sloppy, but they feel fine in use.

    The only problem I've encountered is the right hood stretching enough
    to pop out of the grove in the plastic lever body. Super glue is
    keeping it in place at the moment.

  5. A couple photos:

    http://photos23.flickr.com/33711288_2c1e58f89e_o.jpg

    http://photos22.flickr.com/33711287_f1db534850_o.jpg

    And I must add that in anticipation of posting those, when I installed my
    new tires, I lined up the labels for the first time in my life ever. LOL

  6. maxo said:

    A couple photos:

    http://photos23.flickr.com/33711288_2c1e58f89e_o.jpg

    http://photos22.flickr.com/33711287_f1db534850_o.jpg

    And I must add that in anticipation of posting those, when I
    installed my new tires, I lined up the labels for the first time in
    my life ever. LOL

    If you just rotate the front one a quarter turn, we'd've never known 🙂

  7. pivots and hoods are fine and good here, but the q/r mech does rattle
    when braking on rough road. All in all a great buy.

    If you ride a lot on the hoods and are subbing these for an older
    fashioned lever, you'll find that the reach is a cm or so greater since
    the levers are quite a bit larger. Tons of nice ways to ride on them. I
    like the palms on the hood position which is only comy if you've got
    them adjusted pretty horizontal and not "jacked up" like some are want
    to do.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.