General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Tequila Lime Chicken

Started by A. Cox · · Last activity · 37 posts · 799 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 November 2005
Last activity
7 November 2005
Original author
A. Cox
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
799
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–37 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    kilikini said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "cathyxyz" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > kilikini wrote:
    > > "cathyxyz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > > Desert Rainbow wrote:
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Sorry, but I don't think you've ever made this. The


    measurement of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    1/4

    Quoted message said:

    > > > > tsp tequila in a recipe calling for 4 chicken breasts is


    absurd.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > LOL. Who would bother to measure the tequila, anyway? Not me...


    😉

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > >
    > > > --
    > >
    > > Me neither. I'd probably just skip the chicken and drink the


    tequila.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    :~)

    Quoted message said:

    > >
    > > kili
    >
    > Um... make that a glass of wine (or three). Tequila is for cooking -
    > yum 😉
    >
    > Cheers
    > Cathy(xyz)
    >

    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    GOOD tequila is for sipping on the rocks, like a good bourbon!
    Less expensive tequila is for cooking.......

    and Margaritas. ;-d

    Juice of one whole lime
    2 shots tequila (I use Montezuma)
    1 shot triple sec (De Bohls)

    Mix, add to a glass of crushed ice with a salted rim (I skip the salt
    but it's traditional).

    Top off with lemonade instead of margarita mix. It's better IMHO.
    --

    Okay, since we're sharing margarita recipes..........

    Two shots of tequila, one shot of triple sec added to LIME juice. Put


    about

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    1/2 shot of orange juice in and blend. Layer Cointreau on the top.

    kili

    Ooh! Margarita sunrise!!!!! :-)

    Here is another. You note I DID say lime rather than lemon...

    Follow the usual recipe, then top off with pure cranberry juice!
    It's the gods if you like [censored] drinks.
    --

    Now that sounds spectacular! Wow. I *have* to try this! Hubby will LOVE
    it. Thanks!

    kili

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    ~patches~ said:
    cathyxyz said:
    kilikini said:

    "cathyxyz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >Desert Rainbow wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >>Sorry, but I don't think you've ever made this. The measurement of 1/4
    >>tsp tequila in a recipe calling for 4 chicken breasts is absurd.
    >>
    >>
    >
    >LOL. Who would bother to measure the tequila, anyway? Not me... 😉
    >
    >--

    Me neither. I'd probably just skip the chicken and drink the tequila. :~)

    kili

    Um... make that a glass of wine (or three). Tequila is for cooking -
    yum 😉

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)


    IMO tequila is good for nothing. I had a sip of a tequila drink years &
    years ago. The stuff was horrid. Now have you ever heard of tin hat
    tequila? Back when DH & I were dating a bunch of us went out. The guys
    did tin hat tequila. What you do is lick your hand and sprinkle salt in
    it. Holding a piece of lemon in the other hand, you bend over backwards
    resting your head directly on the bar. The bar tending pours a shot of
    tequila. You immediately stand up to be crowned with a tin work hat,
    swallow the tequila then lick the salt & bite on the lemon *while*
    others in your group or anyone else that wants to join in hits the tin
    hat with sticks. IIRC the sticks were old drumbsticks kept behind the
    bar and freely given out to use by the bartender. Heavens the crazy
    things we did back then. Dang good thing we grew up!

    We call that tequila shots here... <lol> It's standard for stupid
    college student parties...

    but, you sprinkle salt on the side of your thumb. Lick that, bite the
    lemon, THEN slug the tequila shot! Done right it's actually pretty
    tasty. <lol>

    I'll stick with the margaritas tho' thanks! I do love tequila... Next to
    cranberry vodka, it's my favorite tipple.
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    kilikini said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    kilikini said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > "cathyxyz" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > > kilikini wrote:
    > > > "cathyxyz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email hidden]...
    > > > > Desert Rainbow wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sorry, but I don't think you've ever made this. The


    measurement of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    1/4
    > > > > > tsp tequila in a recipe calling for 4 chicken breasts is


    absurd.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > LOL. Who would bother to measure the tequila, anyway? Not me...


    😉

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Me neither. I'd probably just skip the chicken and drink the


    tequila.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    :~)
    > > >
    > > > kili
    > >
    > > Um... make that a glass of wine (or three). Tequila is for cooking -
    > > yum 😉
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Cathy(xyz)
    > >
    >
    > NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    >
    > GOOD tequila is for sipping on the rocks, like a good bourbon!
    > Less expensive tequila is for cooking.......
    >
    > and Margaritas. ;-d
    >
    > Juice of one whole lime
    > 2 shots tequila (I use Montezuma)
    > 1 shot triple sec (De Bohls)
    >
    > Mix, add to a glass of crushed ice with a salted rim (I skip the salt
    > but it's traditional).
    >
    > Top off with lemonade instead of margarita mix. It's better IMHO.
    > --

    Okay, since we're sharing margarita recipes..........

    Two shots of tequila, one shot of triple sec added to LIME juice. Put


    about

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    1/2 shot of orange juice in and blend. Layer Cointreau on the top.

    kili

    Ooh! Margarita sunrise!!!!! :-)

    Here is another. You note I DID say lime rather than lemon...

    Follow the usual recipe, then top off with pure cranberry juice!
    It's the gods if you like [censored] drinks.
    --

    Now that sounds spectacular! Wow. I *have* to try this! Hubby will LOVE
    it. Thanks!

    kili

    You are welcome! :-) Use a whole lime and at least a 12 oz. glass. It's
    delicious!

    Cheers! <lol>
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  4. In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 09:50 AM said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Desert Rainbow said:

    Sorry, but I don't think you've ever made this. The measurement of 1/4
    tsp tequila in a recipe calling for 4 chicken breasts is absurd.

    I'm pretty sure that was a typo!

    Quoted message said:

    I don't think so, the ingredients are listing in order by volume.

    Perhaps, but are not most recipes listed in the order the ingredients are
    used?

    jim

    ----------------------------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    -----------------------------------------------------------

  5. In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 11:14 AM said:

    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    Quoted message said:

    GOOD tequila is for sipping on the rocks, like a good bourbon! Less
    expensive tequila is for cooking.......

    Quoted message said:

    and Margaritas. ;-d

    Quoted message said:

    Juice of one whole lime
    2 shots tequila (I use Montezuma)

    Silver, repasado or añejo?

    jim

    --
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    -----------------------------------------------------------

  6. In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 01:20 PM said:

    IMO tequila is good for nothing. I had a sip of a tequila drink years &
    years ago. The stuff was horrid. Now have you ever heard of tin hat
    tequila? Back when DH & I were dating a bunch of us went out. The guys
    did tin hat tequila. What you do is lick your hand and sprinkle salt in
    it. Holding a piece of lemon in the other hand, you bend over backwards
    resting your head directly on the bar. The bar tending pours a shot of
    tequila. You immediately stand up to be crowned with a tin work hat,
    swallow the tequila then lick the salt & bite on the lemon *while*
    others in your group or anyone else that wants to join in hits the tin
    hat with sticks. IIRC the sticks were old drumbsticks kept behind the
    bar and freely given out to use by the bartender. Heavens the crazy
    things we did back then. Dang good thing we grew up!

    Yep, you got the level of tequila below silver (if there is such a thing).
    Plus they screwed you, it would have been better with lime.

    Fine añejos are sippable.

    jim

    --
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    [email hidden]
    -----------------------------------------------------------

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 11:14 AM said:

    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    Quoted message said:

    GOOD tequila is for sipping on the rocks, like a good bourbon! Less
    expensive tequila is for cooking.......

    Quoted message said:

    and Margaritas. ;-d

    Quoted message said:

    Juice of one whole lime
    2 shots tequila (I use Montezuma)

    Silver, repasado or añejo?

    jim

    Anejo if you can afford it, but you'd better use Grand Marnier instead
    of triple sec. ;-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 01:20 PM said:

    IMO tequila is good for nothing. I had a sip of a tequila drink years &
    years ago. The stuff was horrid. Now have you ever heard of tin hat
    tequila? Back when DH & I were dating a bunch of us went out. The guys
    did tin hat tequila. What you do is lick your hand and sprinkle salt in
    it. Holding a piece of lemon in the other hand, you bend over backwards
    resting your head directly on the bar. The bar tending pours a shot of
    tequila. You immediately stand up to be crowned with a tin work hat,
    swallow the tequila then lick the salt & bite on the lemon *while*
    others in your group or anyone else that wants to join in hits the tin
    hat with sticks. IIRC the sticks were old drumbsticks kept behind the
    bar and freely given out to use by the bartender. Heavens the crazy
    things we did back then. Dang good thing we grew up!

    Yep, you got the level of tequila below silver (if there is such a thing).
    Plus they screwed you, it would have been better with lime.

    Fine añejos are sippable.

    jim

    Very... Especially the blue ones. ;-d
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  9. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    In <[email hidden]>, on 11/06/05

    at 11:14 AM said:

    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    Quoted message said:

    GOOD tequila is for sipping on the rocks, like a good bourbon! Less
    expensive tequila is for cooking.......

    Quoted message said:

    and Margaritas. ;-d

    Quoted message said:

    Juice of one whole lime
    2 shots tequila (I use Montezuma)

    Silver, repasado or añejo?

    jim

    Anejo if you can afford it, but you'd better use Grand Marnier instead
    of triple sec. ;-)
    --
    Om.

    Or Cointreau.

    kili

  10. kili said:

    Okay, since we're sharing margarita recipes..........

    Two shots of tequila, one shot of triple sec added to LIME juice. Put
    about 1/2 shot of orange juice in and blend. Layer Cointreau on the top.

    I was with you right up to the word "blend." I shake mine. Why add all that
    water?

    Bob

  11. Om said:

    Ooh! Margarita sunrise!!!!! :-)

    Here is another. You note I DID say lime rather than lemon...

    Follow the usual recipe, then top off with pure cranberry juice!
    It's the gods if you like [censored] drinks.

    I've done this, using cranberry juice I made myself. The bottled stuff just
    doesn't work for me.

    Bob

  12. "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    kili said:

    Okay, since we're sharing margarita recipes..........

    Two shots of tequila, one shot of triple sec added to LIME juice. Put
    about 1/2 shot of orange juice in and blend. Layer Cointreau on the


    top.

    Quoted message said:


    I was with you right up to the word "blend." I shake mine. Why add all


    that

    Quoted message said:

    water?

    Bob

    I like mine on the rocks, too, Bob. Blending can mean mixing. That's what
    I really meant. I don't like the slushy drinks either.

    kili

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bob Terwilliger' virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz said:
    Om said:

    Ooh! Margarita sunrise!!!!! :-)

    Here is another. You note I DID say lime rather than lemon...

    Follow the usual recipe, then top off with pure cranberry juice!
    It's the gods if you like [censored] drinks.

    I've done this, using cranberry juice I made myself. The bottled stuff just
    doesn't work for me.

    Bob

    And how do you make cranberry juice? :-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  14. Om asked:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've done this, using cranberry juice I made myself. The bottled stuff
    just
    doesn't work for me.

    And how do you make cranberry juice? :-)

    Dump a bunch of cranberries in a pot. Add a little water and some sugar.
    Heat until the berries pop. Strain. This yields a liquid with a much fuller
    cranberry flavor than what is generally marketed as cranberry juice. It's
    awesome in drinks. You can also use it in recipes calling for pomegranate
    juice, e.g., I've made fesenjan with it.

    Bob

  15. Kili said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Two shots of tequila, one shot of triple sec added to LIME juice. Put
    about 1/2 shot of orange juice in and blend. Layer Cointreau on the
    top.

    I was with you right up to the word "blend." I shake mine. Why add all
    that water?

    I like mine on the rocks, too, Bob. Blending can mean mixing. That's
    what
    I really meant. I don't like the slushy drinks either.

    Ah! Okay, thanks for the clarification.

    Bob

  16. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bob Terwilliger' virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz said:

    Om asked:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've done this, using cranberry juice I made myself. The bottled stuff
    just
    doesn't work for me.

    And how do you make cranberry juice? :-)

    Dump a bunch of cranberries in a pot. Add a little water and some sugar.
    Heat until the berries pop. Strain. This yields a liquid with a much fuller
    cranberry flavor than what is generally marketed as cranberry juice. It's
    awesome in drinks. You can also use it in recipes calling for pomegranate
    juice, e.g., I've made fesenjan with it.

    Bob

    That sounds wonderful actually! And fresh cranberries are now available
    for the holiday season. :-)

    Can I make it with Splenda instead of sugar???
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  17. Om said:
    Quoted message said:

    Dump a bunch of cranberries in a pot. Add a little water and some sugar.
    Heat until the berries pop. Strain. This yields a liquid with a much
    fuller cranberry flavor than what is generally marketed as cranberry
    juice. It's awesome in drinks. You can also use it in recipes calling
    for pomegranate juice, e.g., I've made fesenjan with it.

    That sounds wonderful actually! And fresh cranberries are now available
    for the holiday season. :-)

    Can I make it with Splenda instead of sugar???

    I never have, but I don't see why you couldn't. The sugar is just there for
    sweetening, not for the berries to macerate in to release their juice.
    They'll pop and release their juice when heated regardless of whether the
    sugar is there or not.

    Bob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.