General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Test: Bean Sprouts

Started by L'Espérance · · Last activity · 22 posts · 500 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 February 2006
Last activity
9 February 2006
Original author
L'Espérance
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
500
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–22 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    I might have to go ahead and try bean sprouts again.
    I have some old mung beans in a jar in the pantry.

    They are probably 5 or 6 years old but should be ok since they were
    stored in the dark and air tight.

    Beans thousands of years old found in archeological digs in the Middle East
    have been sprouted...you should have no problem ;-)

    --
    Best
    Greg

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    "Gregory Morrow"

    Quoted message said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    I might have to go ahead and try bean sprouts again.
    I have some old mung beans in a jar in the pantry.

    They are probably 5 or 6 years old but should be ok since they were
    stored in the dark and air tight.

    Beans thousands of years old found in archeological digs in the Middle East
    have been sprouted...you should have no problem ;-)

    That's what I figure... :-)

    I had some giant red beans I'd been trying to grow in the garden, but
    the yield has been poor. They were sent to me by a friend. They are a
    few generations down from some that were planted by a team of college
    students that removed them from an Aztec archeological site. I don't
    remember there exact age. I used to have the typed up file on them that
    came with them, but lost it in a hard drive crash...

    I don't have any more of the beans. The last batch I planted did not
    produce any. Just long vines and pretty red flowers.
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.