General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Test Results (OT)

Started by jmcquown · · Last activity · 64 posts · 1,566 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 July 2005
Last activity
11 July 2005
Original author
jmcquown
Posts
64
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,566
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–64 of 64
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:00:54 GMT, Cindy Fuller
    <[email hidden]> wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    That happened to me after my physical two months ago. The receptionist
    had no idea what the original call was about. The next day I finally
    talked to someone who knew something. It turned out that I was given a
    hepatitis A shot instead of a tetanus booster. For some reason, both
    syringes were in the same box in the fridge--dumbdumbdumb. So I had to
    go back and get the tetanus booster. In a few months I have to get the
    2nd hep A shot. The clinic is giving me all of the shots free of charge
    because of the mixup. Of course, they're not giving me free parking for
    the two extra trips down there...

    At least you can *get* a tetnus booster. Around here, they are in
    short supply, as of a year ago anyway.

    Sue(tm)
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

  2. Damsel said:
    Sheldon said:
    Damsel said:

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> said:

    > Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down my left
    > arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of my left arm
    > going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying. (Don't you hate
    > that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    Sure sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck to me, Jill. Sometimes,
    physical therapy can help, other times, the treatment of choice is surgery.
    Hopefully, it won't come to that, but if it does, there's a sweetie in RFC
    who can offer you some reassurances.

    Yeah, but... a pinched nerve does not cause arrhythmia ( : an
    alteration in rhythm of the heartbeat either in time or force). Of
    course one can simultaneously have a pinched nerve AND a pulmonary
    condition. I would seek a second opinion, from a Cardiologist.

    1. An arrhythmia is properly only an alteration in the time of the
    heartbeat (alterations in force, while also generally not problematic, are
    called something else.)

    2. GP's should know enough to diagnose mild arrhythmias. If he noticed
    anything worrisome, he'd be sending you to the cardiologist.

    In my job, I run across seventy year old women with arrhythmias freqently.
    Honestly, an arrhythmia isn't a serious thing, unless the arrhythmia has a
    particularly dangerous pattern (e.g. toussades). and the doctor should be
    looking for those.

    lena

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (Curly Sue) said:

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:00:54 GMT, Cindy Fuller
    <[email hidden]> wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    That happened to me after my physical two months ago. The receptionist
    had no idea what the original call was about. The next day I finally
    talked to someone who knew something. It turned out that I was given a
    hepatitis A shot instead of a tetanus booster. For some reason, both
    syringes were in the same box in the fridge--dumbdumbdumb. So I had to
    go back and get the tetanus booster. In a few months I have to get the
    2nd hep A shot. The clinic is giving me all of the shots free of charge
    because of the mixup. Of course, they're not giving me free parking for
    the two extra trips down there...

    At least you can *get* a tetnus booster. Around here, they are in
    short supply, as of a year ago anyway.


    As my friend in NYC said, now I can scratch one worry off the list (hep
    A) if I travel to a developing country.

    I hadn't heard that tetanus boosters were short. Was Chiron (the
    company that caused the shortage of flu vaccines last year when its
    British plant got shut down) also making them?

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  4. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Some of you may know I had a Holter monitor (my own personal echocardiogram)
    attached earlier this week for a period of 24-hour monitoring. I got a
    message from the doctor's office a while ago. "You have some minor
    arrhythmias but it's nothing to worry about and doesn't require treatment
    unless it continues to bother you." Uh... it IS bothering me, that's why I
    had the test in the first place! I called back and left a message because
    I'm really not sure what to think.

    Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down my left
    arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of my left arm
    going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying. (Don't you hate
    that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    At any rate, I still don't know much of anything. I'm going in on Monday
    afternoon to discuss this further with my doctor.

    Jill
    --
    I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

    If unsatisfactory - get thyself into a second opinion. Rapidamente.

    Dimitri

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.