Thai Chicken Satay Breakfast

On Sat 17 Sep 2005 03:59:07a, Andy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
>
> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

Yummy!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Andy wrote:
> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
>
> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
of wine seems to be a better time.

What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
for me. :eek:)

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
>>

> Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
> American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
> first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
> of wine seems to be a better time.
>
> What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
> and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
> for me. :eek:)

Margaret,

I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
privelege! ;)

As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
lunch though to know for sure! :D

All the best,

Andy

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
> >>
> >> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
> >>

> > Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
> > American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
> > first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
> > of wine seems to be a better time.
> >
> > What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
> > and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
> > for me. :eek:)

> Margaret,
>
> I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
> privelege! ;)
>
> As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
> butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
> lunch though to know for sure! :D
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy

Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads, eggs,
waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that. :~)

kili

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
:
>>> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept pictures
on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the 'binaries'?
I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
Dee Dee

"kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Margaret Suran wrote:

>> > Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
>> > American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
>> > first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
>> > of wine seems to be a better time.
>> >
>> > What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
>> > and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
>> > for me. :eek:)

>> Margaret,
>>
>> I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
>> privelege! ;)
>>
>> As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
>> butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
>> lunch though to know for sure! :D
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
> eggs,
> waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
> :~)
>
> kili

I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and fruit'
but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
Dee Dee

Dee Randall wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>:

> Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept
> pictures on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the
> 'binaries'? I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
> Dee Dee

Dee,

a.b.f is the visual "sister" newsgroup to r.f.c, kinda/sorta.

Andy

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Margaret Suran wrote:
> >>

> > Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
> > eggs,
> > waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
> > :~)
> >
> > kili
> >

> I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
> traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
> traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and fruit'
> but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
> Dee Dee

Dee, the only difficulty is when you're with your husband's family and they
all want to go out for breakfast. I usually sit there like an idiot with my
glass of water. My hubby LOVES breakfasts so when he's in the mood to go
out, we go to a place called the Golden Corral where I can get a salad bar -
another favorite breakfast of mine. :~)

kili

"kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> >>

>> > Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
>> > eggs,
>> > waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
>> > :~)
>> >
>> > kili
>> >

>> I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
>> traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
>> traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and
>> fruit'
>> but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Dee, the only difficulty is when you're with your husband's family and
> they
> all want to go out for breakfast. I usually sit there like an idiot with
> my
> glass of water. My hubby LOVES breakfasts so when he's in the mood to go
> out, we go to a place called the Golden Corral where I can get a salad
> bar -
> another favorite breakfast of mine. :~)
>
> kili

Yes, I've had that difficulty for years. Now that my m-i-l is deceased and
f-i-l is in assisted living, even tho he eats lots of meals there, he still
loves to go out when we visit, which is often. He loves to eat breakfast
out, too. DH & I been able to dodge eating so many breakfasts out and
eating breakfasts at his assisted living by just putting some yogurt in his
frig and telling him to go ahead on his own down to breakfast, that we have
something and are OK. My DH is always thoughtful of his father, so
ever-so-often, we are caught in the breakfast-web.
Dee Dee

Andy wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>

>>Andy wrote:
>>
>>>In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
>>>
>>>http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
>>>

>>Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
>>American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
>>first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
>>of wine seems to be a better time.
>>
>>What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
>>and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
>>for me. :eek:)

> Margaret,
>
> I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
> privelege! ;)
>
> As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
> butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
> lunch though to know for sure! :D
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy

I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
seem to have.

I also know that in your part of the world it is not unusual to serve
a steak sandwich that is rendered inedible by the addition of Cheeze
Whiz and that it is considered normal to eat ice cream at all times of
day and night.

Compared to Philadelphia, life in New York City seems rather normal
and non-threatening.

As for your meal in the brown paper bag, a butter sandwich sounds like
a great choice for breakfast or lunch. As long as the butter is
unsalted, it is one of my favorite sandwiches. On fresh Jewish rye
bread with caraway seeds, it is a meal fit for a princess. Or prince,
in your case. :eek:)

Margaret Suran wrote:

> I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
> someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
> see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
> seem to have.

Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
semi-precious stone!

:)

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h

Andy <q> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> cathyxyz wrote:
>
>> Well, this does look good... but we are having it for lunch and are
>> making our own peanut sauce :)

> What time???
>
>:D

In about half an hour.... ;)

--
Cheers

Cathy(xyz)

Andy wrote on 17 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
> > someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
> > see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
> > seem to have.

> Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
> semi-precious stone!
>
> :)

If you've ever tried to get just 2 bricks...to be wrapped in foil to squish
flat spatchcocked chickens on the grill while cooking...you'd know just how
precious they are.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Andy wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>

>>I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
>>someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
>>see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
>>seem to have.

> Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
> semi-precious stone!
>
> :)

Sorry Andy, I thought you were familiar with my weird sense of humor
by now. I thought that calling Philadelphia far away and exotic,
would give you a hint that I was joshing you. Remember the old joke
where the winner of a contest gets one week in Philadelphia and the
loser gets two weeks? :eek:)

What I really want to know is: Why didn't you correct me when I
called you a Prince??? :eek:))

Again, just kidding.

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>

>>>I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
>>>someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you

can
>>>see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
>>>seem to have.

>> Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
>> semi-precious stone!
>>
>> :)
>>

> Sorry Andy, I thought you were familiar with my weird sense of humor
> by now. I thought that calling Philadelphia far away and exotic,
> would give you a hint that I was joshing you. Remember the old joke
> where the winner of a contest gets one week in Philadelphia and the
> loser gets two weeks? :eek:)

ROFLMAO! I hadn't heard that one!

I know you were pokin' fun at Philly, just didn't want other more
impressionable readers to actually believe it's Shangri-la. :D

> What I really want to know is: Why didn't you correct me when I
> called you a Prince??? :eek:))
>
> Again, just kidding.

Prince? Moi? Prince of What? ;)

All the best,

Andy

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
--W.C. Fields
Camden, New Jersey

On 17-Sep-2005, Andy <q> wrote:

> Dee Randall wrote:
>

> > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >:

> > Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept
> > pictures on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the
> > 'binaries'? I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
> > Dee Dee

> Dee,
>
> a.b.f is the visual "sister" newsgroup to r.f.c, kinda/sorta.
>
> Andy

A.B.F. according to it's charter is a binaries (read pictures) group
in support of all food related groups.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)