Thai Chicken Satay Breakfast

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andy, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Tags:

  2. On Sat 17 Sep 2005 03:59:07a, Andy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

    Yummy!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  3. Andy wrote:
    > In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

    Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
    American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
    first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
    of wine seems to be a better time.

    What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
    and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
    for me. :eek:)

  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Margaret Suran wrote:

    > Andy wrote:
    >> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >>
    >> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
    >>

    > Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
    > American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
    > first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
    > of wine seems to be a better time.
    >
    > What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
    > and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
    > for me. :eek:)

    Margaret,

    I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
    privelege! ;)

    As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
    butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
    lunch though to know for sure! :D

    All the best,

    Andy

  5. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Margaret Suran wrote:
    >

    > > Andy wrote:
    > >> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    > >>
    > >> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
    > >>

    > > Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
    > > American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
    > > first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
    > > of wine seems to be a better time.
    > >
    > > What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
    > > and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
    > > for me. :eek:)

    > Margaret,
    >
    > I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
    > privelege! ;)
    >
    > As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
    > butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
    > lunch though to know for sure! :D
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Andy

    Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads, eggs,
    waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that. :~)

    kili

  6. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    :
    >>> In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >>>
    >>> http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

    Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept pictures
    on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the 'binaries'?
    I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
    Dee Dee

  7. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Margaret Suran wrote:

    >> > Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
    >> > American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
    >> > first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
    >> > of wine seems to be a better time.
    >> >
    >> > What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
    >> > and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
    >> > for me. :eek:)

    >> Margaret,
    >>
    >> I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
    >> privelege! ;)
    >>
    >> As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
    >> butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
    >> lunch though to know for sure! :D
    >>
    >> All the best,
    >>
    >> Andy
    >>

    > Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
    > eggs,
    > waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
    > :~)
    >
    > kili

    I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
    traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
    traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and fruit'
    but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
    Dee Dee

  8. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Dee Randall wrote:

    > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >:

    > Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept
    > pictures on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the
    > 'binaries'? I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
    > Dee Dee

    Dee,

    a.b.f is the visual "sister" newsgroup to r.f.c, kinda/sorta.

    Andy

  9. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> Margaret Suran wrote:
    > >>

    > > Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
    > > eggs,
    > > waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
    > > :~)
    > >
    > > kili
    > >

    > I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
    > traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
    > traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and fruit'
    > but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
    > Dee Dee

    Dee, the only difficulty is when you're with your husband's family and they
    all want to go out for breakfast. I usually sit there like an idiot with my
    glass of water. My hubby LOVES breakfasts so when he's in the mood to go
    out, we go to a place called the Golden Corral where I can get a salad bar -
    another favorite breakfast of mine. :~)

    kili

  10. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "kilikini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]
    >> >>

    >> > Andy, I don't care for any "traditional" breakfast foods like breads,
    >> > eggs,
    >> > waffles, pancakes, but chicken satay? HELL YES! I'd be all over that.
    >> > :~)
    >> >
    >> > kili
    >> >

    >> I'm glad to hear that there are other people that don't care for the
    >> traditional breakfast all the time. We, of course, do go back to
    >> traditional breakfasts quite often in order to get our 'oatmeal and
    >> fruit'
    >> but usually it's to do with lack of time or imagination.
    >> Dee Dee
    >>

    > Dee, the only difficulty is when you're with your husband's family and
    > they
    > all want to go out for breakfast. I usually sit there like an idiot with
    > my
    > glass of water. My hubby LOVES breakfasts so when he's in the mood to go
    > out, we go to a place called the Golden Corral where I can get a salad
    > bar -
    > another favorite breakfast of mine. :~)
    >
    > kili

    Yes, I've had that difficulty for years. Now that my m-i-l is deceased and
    f-i-l is in assisted living, even tho he eats lots of meals there, he still
    loves to go out when we visit, which is often. He loves to eat breakfast
    out, too. DH & I been able to dodge eating so many breakfasts out and
    eating breakfasts at his assisted living by just putting some yogurt in his
    frig and telling him to go ahead on his own down to breakfast, that we have
    something and are OK. My DH is always thoughtful of his father, so
    ever-so-often, we are caught in the breakfast-web.
    Dee Dee

  11. Andy wrote:
    > Margaret Suran wrote:
    >

    >>Andy wrote:
    >>
    >>>In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >>>
    >>>http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg
    >>>

    >>Andy, Where do you live? This does not look like the typical All
    >>American Breakfast. It does not look as if I would care to have this
    >>first thing in the morning. Later on in the afternoon, with a glass
    >>of wine seems to be a better time.
    >>
    >>What is in the paper bag you carry around? Perhaps a piece of bread
    >>and jam? http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h That would be a proper breakfast
    >>for me. :eek:)

    > Margaret,
    >
    > I live near Philadelphia. Thai chicken satay breakfast is a bachelor's
    > privelege! ;)
    >
    > As far as Mom's brown bag lunch is concerned, it's usually a bread and
    > butter sammich and if I'm lucky a couple Oreo cookies. Gotta wait until
    > lunch though to know for sure! :D
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Andy

    I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
    someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
    see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
    seem to have.

    I also know that in your part of the world it is not unusual to serve
    a steak sandwich that is rendered inedible by the addition of Cheeze
    Whiz and that it is considered normal to eat ice cream at all times of
    day and night.

    Compared to Philadelphia, life in New York City seems rather normal
    and non-threatening.

    As for your meal in the brown paper bag, a butter sandwich sounds like
    a great choice for breakfast or lunch. As long as the butter is
    unsalted, it is one of my favorite sandwiches. On fresh Jewish rye
    bread with caraway seeds, it is a meal fit for a princess. Or prince,
    in your case. :eek:)

  12. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Andy <q> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

    Well, this does look good... but we are having it for lunch and are
    making our own peanut sauce :)

    --
    Cheers

    Cathy(xyz)

  13. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Margaret Suran wrote:

    > I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
    > someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
    > see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
    > seem to have.

    Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
    semi-precious stone!

    :)

    --
    Andy
    http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h

  14. Andy

    Andy Guest

    cathyxyz wrote:

    > Well, this does look good... but we are having it for lunch and are
    > making our own peanut sauce :)

    What time???

    :D

    --
    Andy
    http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h

  15. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Andy <q> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > cathyxyz wrote:
    >
    >> Well, this does look good... but we are having it for lunch and are
    >> making our own peanut sauce :)

    > What time???
    >
    >:D

    In about half an hour.... ;)

    --
    Cheers

    Cathy(xyz)

  16. Andy wrote on 17 Sep 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    > Margaret Suran wrote:
    >
    > > I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
    > > someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
    > > see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
    > > seem to have.

    > Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
    > semi-precious stone!
    >
    > :)

    If you've ever tried to get just 2 bricks...to be wrapped in foil to squish
    flat spatchcocked chickens on the grill while cooking...you'd know just how
    precious they are.

    --
    The eyes are the mirrors....
    But the ears...Ah the ears.

  17. Andy wrote:
    > Margaret Suran wrote:
    >

    >>I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
    >>someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you can
    >>see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
    >>seem to have.

    > Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
    > semi-precious stone!
    >
    > :)

    Sorry Andy, I thought you were familiar with my weird sense of humor
    by now. I thought that calling Philadelphia far away and exotic,
    would give you a hint that I was joshing you. Remember the old joke
    where the winner of a contest gets one week in Philadelphia and the
    loser gets two weeks? :eek:)

    What I really want to know is: Why didn't you correct me when I
    called you a Prince??? :eek:))

    Again, just kidding.

  18. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:59:07 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > In case you don't visit a.b.f. (alt.binaries.food)
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/dq39fa.jpg

    YUM! Was my invitation lost in the mail?

    :)

  19. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Margaret Suran wrote:

    > Andy wrote:
    >> Margaret Suran wrote:
    >>

    >>>I knew you would live in some far-away, exotic place. I once met
    >>>someone from there, Stan (Heinz Tomato Ketchup) Horwitz and as you

    can
    >>>see from his name, he has some strange food preferences, just as you
    >>>seem to have.

    >> Good grief, Margaret! Calling Philly exotic is like calling a brick a
    >> semi-precious stone!
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    > Sorry Andy, I thought you were familiar with my weird sense of humor
    > by now. I thought that calling Philadelphia far away and exotic,
    > would give you a hint that I was joshing you. Remember the old joke
    > where the winner of a contest gets one week in Philadelphia and the
    > loser gets two weeks? :eek:)

    ROFLMAO! I hadn't heard that one!

    I know you were pokin' fun at Philly, just didn't want other more
    impressionable readers to actually believe it's Shangri-la. :D

    > What I really want to know is: Why didn't you correct me when I
    > called you a Prince??? :eek:))
    >
    > Again, just kidding.

    Prince? Moi? Prince of What? ;)

    All the best,

    Andy

    "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
    --W.C. Fields
    Camden, New Jersey

  20. Brick

    Brick Guest

    On 17-Sep-2005, Andy <q> wrote:

    > Dee Randall wrote:
    >

    > > "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >:

    > > Thanks for the name of this ng. Very interesting that they accept
    > > pictures on the postings on this ng. I suppose it has to do with the
    > > 'binaries'? I saw that beer is a topic there as well (with a jpg).
    > > Dee Dee

    > Dee,
    >
    > a.b.f is the visual "sister" newsgroup to r.f.c, kinda/sorta.
    >
    > Andy

    A.B.F. according to it's charter is a binaries (read pictures) group
    in support of all food related groups.
    --
    The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)