thanks for the thread on knee pain

P

Pat

I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my little Evox 120. I was
thinking the worst until I read the thread on knee pain and recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had
any experience with knee soreness when the barometric pressure goes down AND getting a cortisone
shot in the knee? I never used to have any pain there until I got Ileotibial band syndrome and the
subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the ITB pain is gone but my knee aches when the weather changes!

Pat in TX

Originally posted by Pat
I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my little Evox 120. I was
thinking the worst until I read the thread on knee pain and recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had
any experience with knee soreness when the barometric pressure goes down AND getting a cortisone
shot in the knee? I never used to have any pain there until I got Ileotibial band syndrome and the
subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the ITB pain is gone but my knee aches when the weather changes!

Pat in TX

For that particular problem, you might want a referal to a physical therapist with sports med experience, or perhaps to a good trainer. Stretches and strengthening exercises might help.

John Riley

weather changes??? I bought an expensive pair of gloves to use when biking in the cold about a month
ago and I still have not used them. It is 3 Dec in the Netherlands and a light jacket is sufficient.

"DH" <> weather changes??? I bought an expensive pair of gloves to use when
> biking in the cold about a month ago and I still have not used them. It is 3 Dec in the
> Netherlands and a light jacket is sufficient.

In Texas, we have cold fronts called "Blue Northers" that come whistling down from the Rocky
Mountains, across the plains of West Texas and through our bones (or so it seems). :p

These cold fronts bring freezing temperatures and gusting winds.

Pat in TX

Pain and pressure changes is an interesting topic with lots of people reporting increases in pain
with decreases in barometric pressure. However, there have been a few controlled studies that looked
at this phenomeon and found no relationship...go figure... if my mom says its going to storm when
her knees hurt, I just grab an umbrella!

John

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my
little
> Evox 120. I was thinking the worst until I read the thread on knee pain
and
> recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had any experience with knee soreness when the barometric
> pressure goes down AND getting a cortisone shot in the knee? I never used to have any pain there
> until I got Ileotibial band syndrome and the subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the ITB pain is
> gone but
my
> knee aches when the weather changes!
>
> Pat in TX

In article <[email protected]>, DH says...
>
>weather changes??? I bought an expensive pair of gloves to use when biking in the cold about a
>month ago and I still have not used them. It is 3 Dec in the Netherlands and a light jacket is
>sufficient.
>
>

So are you bragging....or complaining?

Steve Christensen Midland, MI, USA

....where is it currently 24°F (-4°C), and requires MORE than a light jacket.

> So are you bragging....or complaining?

Well, since I live in a country protected from the water by dikes, I'm a little concerned that if we
keep having such warm winters I might have to switch my form of exercise to those paddle boats to
keep in shape.

Actually, today I could have used those gloves as it was windy and cold, but nowhere near freezing.
Today was the first day in about six weeks where it was just a bit nippy.