that was my dog!!!!!

Bro Deal said:
T-Mobile must be cursed. How many of their riders have crashed?

Luckily Burghardt was okay.
Did you see how easily Burgharts wheel smashed, The old dog got up without a scratch.

The Double Zero said:
Did you see how easily Burgharts wheel smashed, The old dog got up without a scratch.
That was pretty surprising to me. The wheel just folded and the carbon broke. An alloy rim with more spokes would have tacoed. Maybe he was using an extreme ultra light wheel.

Or the dog was made of stern stuff, given there still in France it's probly very fat and lazy :p

Kinema said:
Or the dog was made of stern stuff, given there still in France it's probly very fat and lazy :p

errrmmm....perhaps you're thinking of us americans. :confused:

:D

cheapie said:
errrmmm....perhaps you're thinking of us americans. :confused:

:D

No, our dogs are fit since we eat all their share too and we have more cars to chase including UPS trucks.

That was quite amazing how the wheel buckled like he hit a wall. Doesn't give much confidence in the wheels ability to stay together coming down a desent at 50mph.

azdroptop said:
That was quite amazing how the wheel buckled like he hit a wall. Doesn't give much confidence in the wheels ability to stay together coming down a desent at 50mph.
Hey guys watch it again... the dog didn't break the wheel... the inertia of a 85KG rider placing a lateral load on it did. Not too many wheels would go undamaged if you turn them 90 degrees while going forward... save for a 40 spoke 20" freestyle/BMX wheel... that said I think t-Mobile are riding Zipp garbage wheels this year, but in any case, I don't think a 32 spoke Mavic Reflex would have survived that incident without buckling.

wilmar13 said:
Hey guys watch it again... the dog didn't break the wheel... the inertia of a 85KG rider placing a lateral load on it did. Not too many wheels would go undamaged if you turn them 90 degrees while going forward... save for a 40 spoke 20" freestyle/BMX wheel... that said I think t-Mobile are riding Zipp garbage wheels this year, but in any case, I don't think a 32 spoke Mavic Reflex would have survived that incident without buckling.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LxUZUxMvl7o

If it was me I would have probably kicked the dog off the road when I got up and spent about 10 seconds calling the owner every name under the sun.

Grater said:
If it was me I would have probably kicked the dog off the road when I got up and spent about 10 seconds calling the owner every name under the sun.
The dog could have easily been a stray,

The labrador was trying to be friendly. Didn't you see it wagging its tail?

That dog is on the juice for sure...did you see how easily it got up. I'm sure Lance Armstrong sent that dog into the street to disrupt....We need an investiagation but of course it will be brushed under the carpet.

This sport is ruined.