"Bill Wheeler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
(Matthew Cox) said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
The American "Scene" sucks ... go home.
Peace, Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world. :-]
"Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Bill Wheeler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
(Matthew Cox) said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
"Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Bill Wheeler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
On 13 Feb 2003 02:36:59 -0800, [email hidden] (Matthew Cox) wrote:
>I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the >differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me >what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different >kinds of riding that is on the increase?
The American "Scene" sucks ... go home.
Said the man who rides a SS in Maryland.
Oh and whose computer clock is 3 days slow. ;^)
Mike
I just noticed that damn clock....WTF happened is anybody's guess.
Strange, Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world. :-]
"Matthew Cox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
"Matthew Cox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
Everyone rides a different bike, or the same bike. Freeriding, XCing, singletrack fun, jumping, dieing, hurting.... in all ways. There is no dominate force in my opinion, it is all the same.
In America, we have singletrack trails as long as your entire country.... and then some. That is the single biggest difference that may attribute to bikes or style in America in my opinion.
"Matthew Cox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
Everyone rides a different bike, or the same bike. Freeriding, XCing, singletrack fun, jumping, dieing, hurting.... in all ways. There is no dominate force in my opinion, it is all the same.
In America, we have singletrack trails as long as your entire country.... and then some. That is the single biggest difference that may attribute to bikes or style in America in my opinion.
darsh
I'm torn between suggesting that us yankees list some of our favoirte US photo links, and telling the guy to look up the Sienfeld episode with the C-dale in the hall.
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
When passing, it's appropriate to say "on your left", which is of course totally opposite to what they do in the UK.
I always screw this up, which is why I take public transportation on the Isle.
In the UK we ride in all typres of weather. Mud is second nature. We ride trails that riders from other countries look at and quake. Slippy rocks, tree roots muddy ruts and lashings of horse [censored] are not everyones cup of...errr...coffee! We do like warm dry trails but learn to live 10 months of year without them.
"notaknob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
I'm a 22 year old british mountain biker. I'm doing a piece of course work at college on the differences between the US and the British mountain biking scenes. Please could anyone tell me what kind of riding and types of bikes are the most popular. Also are there any different kinds of riding that is on the increase?
When passing, it's appropriate to say "on your left", which is of course totally opposite to what they do in the UK.
I always screw this up, which is why I take public transportation on the Isle.