UK and Europe · Public discussion

The Archers

Started by Colin Blackburn · · Last activity · 40 posts · 1,558 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
16 May 2003
Last activity
21 May 2003
Original author
Colin Blackburn
Posts
40
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,558
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 40
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. James Hodson said:
    Quoted message said:

    Whey bonny laad, it's great bread like. Usually white bread, not broon like. And its shaped like
    a dinna plate, boot a couple uv inches thick, boot 12 in diameter.

    Nowt else quite like it - stottie filled wi' ham an pease puddin. Smashin scran.

    This is a UK newsgroup and, as such, one is expected to communicate in English.

    Careful, there are at least 4 other native languages to the UK.

  2. (Marc) said:

    Careful, there are at least 4 other native languages to the UK.

    Actually, Marc, I used to speak a mixture of two of them: Brookside and Coronation Street :-) It
    sounded awful.

    Thankfully, having spent the last 20 or years of so darn sarf, I now speak proper, like. Know
    what I mean?

    Toodle pip James

    --
    It's a CD-ROM drive, not a cup holder.

  3. Tenex said:
    Quoted message said:

    Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978 ish
    .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. 😉

    Your character was who?

    Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    --

    Completed 1666 Seti work units in 12694 hours setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edusetiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

  4. Quoted message said:

    Tenex wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978
    ish .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. 😉

    Your character was who?

    Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.

  5. ) Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of Mansun. I also assume you're not
    Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise.

    J-P
    --
    There is a real world; its properties are not merely social constructions; facts and evidence do
    matter. What sane person would contend otherwise? And yet, much contemporary academic theorizing
    consists precisely of attempts to blur these obvious truths - the utter absurdity of it all being
    concealed through obscure and pretentious language.

  6. Tenex said:
    Quoted message said:

    Tenex wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978
    > ish .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. 😉

    Your character was who?

    Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.

    Yup .. his son .. 😉

    --

    Completed 1666 Seti work units in 12694 hours setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edusetiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

  7. j-p.s said:

    ) Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of Mansun. I also assume you're not
    Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise.

    J-P

    Yup. I don't know who Jonathan Owen is ..

    --

    Completed 1666 Seti work units in 12694 hours setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edusetiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

  8. Tenex said:
    Quoted message said:

    Tenex wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978
    > ish .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. 😉

    Your character was who?

    Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. 😉

    A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.


    George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with Caroline Bone.

    Tim
    --

    fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.

  9. Tim Hall said:
    Quoted message said:


    A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.


    George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with
    Caroline Bone.

    Who didn't?

  10. )> Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of )> Mansun. I also assume you're
    not Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise. ) ) Yup. I don't know who Jonathan Owen is ..

    He played Terry as well, according to mumble web resource mumble.

    J-P
    --
    William G Stewart (battle planning and tactics), Johnny Ball (thinking backwards while drunk) and
    Tom O'Connor (Pun quartermaster)

  11. Tim Hall said:

    George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with
    Caroline Bone.

    And we're back on topic with bicycles.

  12. Marc said:

    Who didn't?

    Rumours of Caroline's lesbian liaisons with Clarrie are just that, and nothing more! ;-)

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email hidden]
    dundee.ac.uk~pjclinch

  13. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    James Hodson said:
    Quoted message said:

    Howay - a kind of Geordie pizza, then?

    Quoted message said:

    Some sort of mega-bap, IMO.

    Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...

    As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.

    --
    Dave...

  14. (Dave Kahn) said:

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    James Hodson said:

    >Howay - a kind of Geordie pizza, then?

    Quoted message said:

    Some sort of mega-bap, IMO.

    Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...

    As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.

    I'm not too sure about that, Dave. IIRC, the Fat Slags come from Viz - correct? Please get me back
    on topic. Or, probably more correctly, tell me that my ironyometer is failing.

    James

    --
    It's a CD-ROM drive, not a cup holder.

  15. James Hodson said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...


    As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.


    I'm not too sure about that

    Ridden by all. Try to keep up at the back there!

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. chapmancentral.comchapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

  16. Colin Blackburn <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<MPG.1933f43bfa782ac0989a13@localhost>...

    Quoted message said:

    Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.

    I thought all of Yorks was wet.

    --
    Dave...

  17. In article <[email hidden]>, dkahn400 @yahoo.co.uk says...

    Quoted message said:

    Colin Blackburn <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<MPG.1933f43bfa782ac0989a13@localhost>...

    Quoted message said:

    Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.

    I thought all of Yorks was wet.

    The Wet end is very wet.

    Colin

  18. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.


    I thought all of Yorks was wet.


    The Wet end is very wet.

    Yes, Our Eric, very wet.

    And Howard Molson's got a new shovel, you say? That's nice...

  19. Guy Chapman said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.

    I thought all of Yorks was wet.

    The Wet end is very wet.

    Yes, Our Eric, very wet.

    And Howard Molson's got a new shovel, you say? That's nice...

    Talking of parrots, has Parrot-online always required IE?

    Colin

  20. Quoted message said:

    Talking of parrots, has Parrot-online always required IE?

    New website. Not very good, either - loads of blank pages. Well, there were the last time I looked.

    Bit disappointed with them in all honesty - the last order I made, I asked them to send it to my
    work address. But they got the postcode wrong (ordered over the phone - my accent isn't that bad) &
    it got sent to my home address instead.

    New computer system syndrome, I think.

    Mark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.