Road Cycling · Public discussion

the biggest loser

Started by Marlene Blanshay · · Last activity · 61 posts · 1,305 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 January 2006
Last activity
23 January 2006
Original author
Marlene Blanshay
Posts
61
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,305
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–61 of 61
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Roger Zoul wrote:

    <big snip>

    Quoted message said:

    One thing I note is that being less 'geared-up' gets me out the door
    quicker. Moreover, I do believe that if I didn't have clipless pedals that
    I'd go for quickie 10 mile rides around the neighborhood in the evenings.
    As it stands now, I don't go out for a ride if I can't get less than 30
    miles in. I wouldnt push harder on those quickier rides, but I'd probably
    ride more, since I tend to think in a more "training" oriented fashion.
    (probably because I've read too many cycling training books for my own good)

    Sometimes I think of getting a beater bike just for short 10-milers around
    the way.

    I find that interesting. I seem to be on of the few folks that rides
    just one bike at any point in time. I've owned more than one at a time
    but I would always ride the newest one which is always the one like
    best (at the time).

    And I never found "suiting up" to be a deterrent to riding. My cycling
    clothes are comfortable and my cycling shoes take about 1 minute to put
    on so getting ready for an after work ride takes a bit less than 3
    minutes total. (Actually ~ 5 minutes since I pump up my tires for each
    ride)

    BTW I really find that an after work 45 minutes on the bike is a great
    stress reliever. I miss it this time of year since I don't ride in the
    dark, but soon the after work season will be back ;-)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.