Road Cycling · Public discussion

The bike room is complete.

Started by Robert Canon · · Last activity · 9 posts · 846 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
16 January 2004
Last activity
18 January 2004
Original author
Robert Canon
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
846
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been working on making our small home office into a combined
    office/bike room. Here are the results, along with some bike related decor
    items in other parts of the house:

    128.83.80.200bikeroom.html

  2. According to Robert Canon <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    I've been working on making our small home office into a combined office/bike room.

    I dig that flooring. It is the most. Is it as liquid-proof as advertised?

    ---
    Lars

  3. Quoted message said:

    Is it as liquid-proof as advertised?

    It's only been installed for two days so I don't have any first-hand experience, but the way the
    tiles lock together is like a super heavy-duty zip-lock bag type closure. The flooring is
    recommended for commercial kitchens and garages so it should be up to about anything.

  4. Quoted message said:

    Is it as liquid-proof as advertised?

    It's only been installed for two days so I don't have any first-hand experience, but the way the
    tiles lock together is like a super heavy-duty zip-lock bag type closure. The flooring is
    recommended for commercial kitchens and garages so it should be up to about anything.

  5. "Robert Canon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Is it as liquid-proof as advertised?

    It's only been installed for two days so I don't have any first-hand experience, but the way the
    tiles lock together is like a super heavy-duty zip-lock bag type closure. The flooring is
    recommended for commercial kitchens and garages so it should be up to about anything.

    Where do you get it?

  6. "Robert Canon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I've been working on making our small home office into a combined office/bike room. Here are the
    results, along with some bike related decor items in other parts of the house:

    128.83.80.200bikeroom.html

    Do you ride the fixed-gear bicycle outdoors? If so, are you concerned about road dirt falling from
    the bicycle onto your computer and desk? Or do you wash your bikes after each ride to minimize the
    dirt droppings?

    Or do you live in an exceptionally clean state which doesn't create the same dirt problems as Ohio?

    -- Daniel Mocsny

  7. Quoted message said:

    Where do you get it?

    There are cheaper tiles sold primarily for tarting up your garage a bit, but the pictures I've seen
    make it look a little cheap, especially for a residential interior. I had seen this particular
    flooring in several commercial applications and always liked it thinking it would look good in the
    house. I could only find in two places, both on the internet, that sell it, which isn't saying that
    more aren't out there. The first link below is the manufacturer, where I purchased it with good
    sales service and support. The second is a vendor that is a bit higher and who never got back with
    me on a shipping price.

    flooringadventures.comflooringadventures.com

    floorsurfaces.comtile lkng.htm

    The only thing I'm even mildly dissatisfied with is the limited selection of colors. The rest of the
    floors in the house are either stained concrete in sort of a sage/gold with sea grass area rugs or
    carbonized bamboo hardwood. The closest the PVC tiles come to a natural color is a funky tan and a
    green that would look at home in a state mental hospital from the 50s. The light gray/dark gray
    plastic checkerboard I chose for the bike room looks great by it's self, but is a bit industrial
    compared to the warmer, more natural surfaces in the rest of the house. The bicycles, Craftsman tool
    cart, repair stand, and computer/desk look more at home in the mildly industrial setting, though.

  8. Quoted message said:

    ...are you concerned about road dirt falling from the bicycle onto your computer and desk?

    The fixie is a pretty recent addition so the issue hasn't come up... My other bike has fenders so I
    imagine it will be pressed into duty for sloppy days keeping the fixed gear bike as a sort of fair
    weather friend. If the fixie get's caught in the rain or something I'll most likely pop it in the
    repair stand, wipe it down with a shop rag, oil the chain, and let it sit there overnight before
    putting it back on the wall.

    Quoted message said:

    Or do you live in an exceptionally clean state which doesn't create the same dirt problems
    as Ohio?

    Come to think of it, maybe I do! It never snows in Austin to speak of, the roads aren't
    salted/sanded in the winter, and other than during construction (they happen to be working on the
    main road I take to work just outside my neighborhood so it can be messy in the wet) the roads are
    pretty clean all year.

  9. Thanks Robert.

    "Robert Canon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where do you get it?

    There are cheaper tiles sold primarily for tarting up your garage a bit,


    but

    Quoted message said:

    the pictures I've seen make it look a little cheap, especially for a residential interior. I had
    seen this particular flooring in several commercial applications and always liked it thinking it
    would look good in the house. I could only find in two places, both on the internet, that sell it,
    which isn't saying that more aren't out there. The first link below is the manufacturer, where I
    purchased it with good sales service


    and

    Quoted message said:

    support. The second is a vendor that is a bit higher and who never got


    back

    Quoted message said:

    with me on a shipping price.

    flooringadventures.comflooringadventures.com

    floorsurfaces.comtile lkng.htm

    The only thing I'm even mildly dissatisfied with is the limited selection


    of

    Quoted message said:

    colors. The rest of the floors in the house are either stained concrete


    in

    Quoted message said:

    sort of a sage/gold with sea grass area rugs or carbonized bamboo


    hardwood.

    Quoted message said:

    The closest the PVC tiles come to a natural color is a funky tan and a


    green

    Quoted message said:

    that would look at home in a state mental hospital from the 50s. The


    light

    Quoted message said:

    gray/dark gray plastic checkerboard I chose for the bike room looks great


    by

    Quoted message said:

    it's self, but is a bit industrial compared to the warmer, more natural surfaces in the rest of
    the house. The bicycles, Craftsman tool cart, repair stand, and computer/desk look more at home in
    the mildly industrial setting, though.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.