UK and Europe · Public discussion

The Darkside beckons...

Started by Call me Bob · · Last activity · 28 posts · 934 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
7 July 2005
Last activity
9 July 2005
Original author
Call me Bob
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
934
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Call me Bob said:

    I think you could just build one, couldn't you Jon? Half a day in the
    workshop, new recumbents all round!

    Don't tempt me. I've yet to finish Hooves 2 and I've got plans for trike
    in the pipeline. That might leave me with enough of the hideously
    expensive T45 tubing to consider a low racer.

    Quoted message said:

    I was browsing the other day and found some fellow's collection of
    York Rally photo's and there you were, happily toot ling along on
    Hooves. It looked fantastic, very professional. I was most envious.

    Any ideas what the URL was? I'd be interested to take a look (Vanity an'
    all that y'know!)

    Jon

  2. On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:01:12 +0100, Jon Senior

    jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk said:

    Any ideas what the URL was? I'd be interested to take a look (Vanity an'
    all that y'know!)

    Sorry, I've just had a good bash at finding it again but can't. It was
    amongst a collection of pic's taken from one of the rides, three
    quarter rear shot of you and hooves, mit basket and ponytail.

    I don't think the photographer knew you, because others in the
    sequence were named but not you. They noted that the bike was a self
    build though.

    "Bob"
    --

    "I will refuse to register for an ID card and will donate £10
    to a legal defence fund but only if 10,000 other people will
    also make this same pledge." Phil Booth, NO2ID

    Join the Pledge !!

    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

    http://www.pledgebank.com/faq

    Email address is spam trapped, to reply directly remove the beverage.

  3. Call me Bob said:
    Quoted message said:

    Any ideas what the URL was? I'd be interested to take a look (Vanity an'
    all that y'know!)

    Sorry, I've just had a good bash at finding it again but can't. It was
    amongst a collection of pic's taken from one of the rides, three
    quarter rear shot of you and hooves, mit basket and ponytail.

    Ah ha!

    Continued searching has turned up this:

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/382304289/382316818CVAqB

    I'm a bit confused because I *think* that's the shot I noticed before,
    but was sure it mentioned in a caption that the bike was self built.

    *shrug*

    "Bob"
    --

    "I will refuse to register for an ID card and will donate £10
    to a legal defence fund but only if 10,000 other people will
    also make this same pledge." Phil Booth, NO2ID

    Join the Pledge !!

    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

    http://www.pledgebank.com/faq

    Email address is spam trapped, to reply directly remove the beverage.

  4. Call me Bob said:

    Continued searching has turned up this:

    *snip borked url*

    Correct url:

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/382304289/382316818CVAqBi

    "Bob"
    --

    "I will refuse to register for an ID card and will donate £10
    to a legal defence fund but only if 10,000 other people will
    also make this same pledge." Phil Booth, NO2ID

    Join the Pledge !!

    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

    http://www.pledgebank.com/faq

    Email address is spam trapped, to reply directly remove the beverage.

  5. At Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:07:36 GMT, message
    <[email hidden]> was posted by Call me Bob
    <[email hidden]>, including some, all or none of
    the following:

    Quoted message said:

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/382304289/382316818CVAqBi

    Undoubtedly arJon on Hooves and that looks like the southbound view of
    a northbound Mike Burrows on the left-hand Ratcatcher (I'm sure I
    recognise that wheel disc). Don't know the other two.

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  6. Quoted message said:

    Ratcatcher

    the most brilliant name for a bike, really is.

    Garry

  7. Just zis Guy said:

    Undoubtedly arJon on Hooves and that looks like the southbound view of
    a northbound Mike Burrows on the left-hand Ratcatcher (I'm sure I
    recognise that wheel disc). Don't know the other two.

    Arrr.

    'twas from the start of the HPV ride. It is indeed Mr Burrows on one of
    three Ratcatchers present on the ride (All were different). The
    gentlemen to his left is John Turvey, UK ecotrip co-organiser and
    recumbent maniac, this year on his Trice. The gentlemen to the right was
    co-leader of the ride and navigated once we left York.

    A discussion was taking place which (IIRC) involved rotation of the map
    and was considering which direction to take. Behind us at this point,
    the remainder of the riders were fighting their way past one of the more
    aggressive anti-motorbike gates (Narrow cattlegrid).

    The following and preceding photographs show the view back with the
    remaining riders including a couple of upwrongs who had decided to tag
    along with us, despite Mr Burrows snide comments. In the foreground of
    both can be seen a pair of trikes. The Windwrap equipped Catrike on the
    left is Alex Rice, newcomer to this world (I meant to respond to your
    ride report Alex, but I didn't seem to have time. Glad you made it back
    safely and welcome to URC), the other beast is a heavily modified KMX
    X-class.

    Jon

  8. At Sat, 09 Jul 2005 10:10:42 +0100, message
    <[email hidden]> was posted by Jon Senior
    <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk>, including some, all or none of
    the following:

    Quoted message said:

    'twas from the start of the HPV ride. It is indeed Mr Burrows on one of
    three Ratcatchers present on the ride (All were different). The
    gentlemen to his left is John Turvey, UK ecotrip co-organiser and
    recumbent maniac, this year on his Trice.

    Ah, I thought I recognised him. Some other familiar faces in the
    other pics, too. I wish I'd been there, but bloody RL intervened :-(

    I remember that gate, it was a bugger on the triplet, too.

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.