The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:43:11 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:49:54 GMT, "Jules Augley"
>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You must be pretty happy that we have slipped off the topic of the
>>> newsgroup: mountain biking. You are much more comfortable talking
>>> about imaginary prejudice, than revealing the faults in your students'
>>> experimental design....
>>> ===

>>It is YOU who first changed the topic by making the bigoted post in the
>>first place. It is also YOU who began a challenge to this gentleman and
>>his
>>student(s) only because there was an implication there was information or
>>conclusions differing from yours that were possibly (again... keyword:
>>possibly) going to be included in some published format.

> Not because they differ from mine. Because the methodology is so
> flawed that the study can't support its own conclusions -- just like
> EVERY other study by mountain bikers.

Psychic Mike - giving your OPINIONS on a paper and research that ISN'T EVEN
AVAILABLE YET!

> It is also YOU who
>>began the character assasination with no indication to this person's
>>character, education or background:
>>JA: "In other words, no, Mr Vandeman: I gave you an extremely brief
>>summary
>>of his results, and you assume his methods were flawed.

> It's obvious from what he said.

Your OPINIONS are NOT a filter for all information concerning cycling and /
or the outdoors.

>>MV: "Sounds like I hit the nail on the head! Now you are too EMBARRASSED
>>tell us what they said and where they are trying to publish, for fear
>>their
>>incompetence will be exposed!"
>>
>>It is also YOU who abandoned a more recent topic "USGS Study on trail
>>impact" because, it seems, you could not handle a direct statement towards
>>your line of reasoning trying to discredit that report also:
>>MV: "Because mountain bikers don't want their dishonesty/incompetence to
>>be
>>exposed."
>>SC: "First of all, where does anything say this study was commissioned by
>>or
>>for "mountain bikers".?

> They aren't going to advertize it! DUH!

We're still waiting....

>>MV: "It's OBVIOUS. They are the ONLY people interested in justifying
>>mountain biking. DUH!"
>>DC: "This assessment was initiated in response to concerns by park staff
>>and
>>the public regarding the possible environmental impacts associated with
>>BSF
>>trail uses." Now - You show ANYWHERE in this paper that "mountain bikers"
>>commissioned this study for the purpose you just stated. Either do so, or
>>ADMIT your statement "It's OBVIOUS" is a direct reflection of your OPINION
>>and a LIE attempting to discredit the findings AND the real and accredited
>>researchers who authored the piece."
>>--------------
>>I'll tell you what is OBVIOUS! Your lack of desire to have REAL
>>reseachers,
>>with credit, title and acknowledgement from official agencies, show you up
>>on science, fact, review and honesty of work.

> Why would I worry about THAT? It has never happened!

Denial, Mikey... Before you can heal, you first have to acknowledge your
dillusions.

>>I say Thank You to Jules Augley for not compromising the principles of the
>>process of publication or the validity of the student's work by sinking to
>>MV standards and usurping the very foundations of integrity in research.

> ===

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:43:11 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:49:54 GMT, "Jules Augley"
>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You must be pretty happy that we have slipped off the topic of the
>>> newsgroup: mountain biking. You are much more comfortable talking
>>> about imaginary prejudice, than revealing the faults in your students'
>>> experimental design....
>>> ===

>>It is YOU who first changed the topic by making the bigoted post in the
>>first place.

> Look up "smiley" in the dictionary. DUH!

You're still an idiot :)

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:10:46 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>Nothing here...?

>>Nothing here...?

>>> Right. All of those SCIENTISTS would be incapable of understanding my
>>> paper, without YOU there to explain it to them! I have to hand it to
>>> you. You are almost getting a sense of humor, even if unintended.

>>There is no PROOF any scientist listened to, or agreed with, your
>>"presentation".

> It's all on my web site. Learn to read.

Your reference to your own writings is MEANINGLESS. Your claim of it is
MEANINGLESS! Names, places, dates, contact info...?
Your non-response to topics on point throughout this post speaks VOLUMES.

> Your statement of it is MEANINGLESS. We have not a SINGLE
>>post form any scientist (or anyone, for that matter) who has attended and
>>commented. You have not presented any post-conference directives,
>>conclusions, references or reviews from anyone. Are we merely supposed to
>>accept your statement that scientists reviewed and peers accepted your
>>conlusions...? Especially when you have a history, even in this very
>>thread, of contradiction and misdirection?
>>A sense of humor...? Hell, you're the one who should call Leno - You're
>>closer!

>>> As far as I know, no one has ever studied the animals squashed by
>>> mountain bikers. I guess the bikers are afraid of what they'd find.
>>> All we have is anecdotal evidence, which is better than nothing.

>>You are the one who claims reals science. You are the one who claims
>>mountain bikers' science is "junk". You are the one who is making the
>>claims
>>(as fact) it is happening. And now you are the one admitting "All we have
>>is
>>anecdotal evidence". So much for your historical whipsnake...

>>Nothing...? Still waiting to hear how you can hike with stationary feet...

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:56:21 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>> Only because they put IMBA in charge of the mountain biking material,
>>> and IMBA doesn't allow any negative information about mountain biking
>>> to appear.

>>I do not see "authored, compiled and approved by IMBA" anywhere on the
>>WIKI
>>topic of mountain biking.

> Are you really THAT naive? They aren't going to ADVERTIZE it! "Yes, we
> are biased". Right.
>
>>Of course, I also do not see any positive or balanced information
>>referencing mountain biking on your "website" either.

Why would you split the comment and reply above instead of addressing the
entire context...? Probably because you would have to admit the same bias
you accuse IMBA of... and you make your accusation without any foundation
of truth. After all, it is only your OPINION that IMBA is involved in a
conspiracy with Wikipedia. Unless you want to present FACTS confirming your
accusation, then you must admit your statement "Only because they put IMBA
in charge of the mountain biking material, and IMBA doesn't allow any
negative information about mountain biking to appear." is nothing but
another VANDEMAN LIE.

On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:26:03 -0400, "S Curtiss"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:43:11 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>It is YOU who first changed the topic by making the bigoted post in the
>>>first place.

>> Look up "smiley" in the dictionary. DUH!

>You're still an idiot :)

Coming from you, that's an honor.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:12:03 -0400, "S Curtiss"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>Too bad nobody attempted the same favor for you. At least in that case, it
>>>would have been justified.
>>>You pointing out a flaw in a paper you don't even have access to is a bit
>>>like my dog pointing out a flaw in Discovery's launch procedure. The only
>>>embarrassment is, obviously, yours.

>> Don't insult dogs. They are a lot smarter than you are. They have even
>> diagnosed cancer.
>> ===

>Perfect! Again the attempt at misdirection is obviously, classicly Vandeman.
>If diagnosing cancer is your measure of intelligence, I am the smart one as
>I have diagnosed you as a cancer on the cause of conservation and
>cooperation between everyone to make it happen.

Congratulations! You have arrived at the "Did you say something?"
stage.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:36:14 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jules Augley wrote:
>
>> As for calling my bluff, once the project has been marked I can post
>> substantial pieces of the report. But for now, he conducted and experiment
>> in a regional park in Scotland. The experiment consisted of measuring
>> impacts caused by both mountain bikers and walkers on vegetation, in two
>> different habitat types (woodland and grassland) and on three different
>> gradients (downhill, uphill and flat). Guess what, the results of his ANOVA
>> showed NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE between mountain biking and walking. There
>> were some significant p values in the interaction terms, but some of them
>> showed a greater impact of walking in different habitats and gradients, and
>> others showed the opposite. So, I have some evidence and have given you a
>> very brief summary. If the work is published I can provide a link, if not I
>> will ask the authors (plural) permission to post excerpts here.

>Not surprising. There have been numerous studies that have measured the
>relative effects on plant life, animal life, and trail erosion by
>different trail users (bicyclists, hikers, and equestrians). In every
>case, the erosion caused by bicyclists and hikers has been comparable,
>while equestrians cause the most erosion. Bicyclists actually have the
>least impact on wildlife, though there is debate as to the reason, with
>the belief being that since bicyclists tend to travel through an area
>more quickly and more quietly, the wildlife is not disturbed as much.
>
>It's interesting to note that Vandeman has _never_ posted any evidence
>to contradict all the studies, so it's inconceivable that he's not aware
>that his statements have no basis in fact.

BS. The truth is at http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.
===

ChainSmoker wrote:
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:22:55 -0400, ChainSmoker

>> Correct. ALL mountain bikers lie, ESPECIALLY "researchers". It's
>> obvious from what this guy says that their "research" is fatally
>> flawed. The only reason that mountain bikers do research is to try to
>> justify what is unjustifiable: their selfish, destructive sport.
>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years
>> fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> Mikey's reply translated in to Vandlespin...
>
> Correct. Vandelman lies, ESPECIALLY Vandelman's "research" site. It's
> obvious from what Vandelmans says that his "research" is fatally
> flawed. The only reason that Vandelman does research is to try to
> justify what is unjustifiable: his selfish, destructive sport.

You made a mistake here. MV does not do research. He disparages others'.

"Jules Augley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]

>>> ===

>> Can't you READ? He has already stated the paper is being considered and
>> is not yet a "publishable manuscript". It is also his student's work so
>> he likely has no access to it beyond the general findings which he has
>> only eluded to (and you assumed to be derogatory to your POV in the first
>> place). The paper is in consideration and therefore any discussion of who
>> negotiations are actually with would be inappropriate. Beyond any of your
>> silly accusations above, might I remind you Mr. Vandeman, we on this ng
>> have been asking you for YEARS to produce peer-reviews of your writings
>> (which you claim exist) and EVIDENCE that your statemnents are recognized
>> by anyone else with authority or credit for comparison. We have been
>> requesting a schedule of events so it may be possible to actually see you
>> present, see the audience in attendance, see their reactions to your
>> presentation, perhaps even ask some questions of detail on the
>> presentation in front of these "peers" you reference, yet you stonewall
>> and refuse.
>> You have NO RIGHT to question this person on method, ethics or science.
>> You are insulting the entire scientific process by doing so.

> I will restate this again, in the hope that MV will realise why I cant
> post the report (or maybe he just doesnt read things?). The report HAS NOT
> BEEN MARKED, therefore it would be illegal, not to mention completely
> inappropriate to post any of the actual report he has written until AFTER
> the student has received his grades. Please read that until it sinks in
> MV.
>
> As for my objectivity, you are hardly an expert on that topic so no one
> can take your comment seriously there. I originally posted a reply in this
> thread, as it was cross-posted to sci.environment. That three letter
> abbreviation stands for Science. Science, as I have been taught by ALL of
> my teachers, professors and peers, depends on an acknowledgment that
> objectivity is the ideal and is to be strived for. There are thousands of
> reports, papers and other published works with scientists openly
> criticising their own work and pointing out where that ideal may be
> compromised. That is what HONEST scientists do. They do not start with an
> opinion and then denounce work that may not agree with that opinion, that,
> MV is called SUBJECTIVITY. Popperian scientific method, which I may add is
> influenced by David Humes', who has a memorial in our hometown (thats Hume
> and me, big hint there Dolan and MV) philosphy, depends on striving for
> objectivity. If you claim to be an expert in the scientific method, then
> pass off your opinions with no objective or empirical basis as scientific
> evidence, then you are a scientific fraud. You could do everyone a huge
> favour and read up on Poppers, his influences and the people he
> influenceds' work, maybe then you can approach your topic more

Has it ever occurred to Jules Augley that science and the scientific method
is vastly overrated. And there is nothing more overrated on the face of the
earth than the scientists themselves. But like all his breed, he buries his
head in meaningless research and hides behind his degrees. My contempt for
such types runneth over! Any old mediocre politician could make mince meat
out of him in a thrice!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> On Fri, 26 May 2006 23:00:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Jules Augley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Another self-procalimed expert, wow, I really stumbled onto a gold mine
>>> of
>>> intellect here. I am irrelevant? As then are you, Mr Dolan.
>>>
>>> Goodbye

>>And good riddance to you too! I have hardly ever encountered any so-called
>>scientist who was not a coward. That is why they make such poor
>>politicians.
>>They bury themselves in 'research' and then try to make themselves
>>relevant,
>>but somehow they never do. What they do mainly is hide behind their
>>freaking
>>degrees and pretend to be experts. Quite pitiful really ...

> AMEN. There are of course respectable scientists, but they mostly
> don't concern themselves with obvious problems like mountain biking,
> but with things that are much more difficult to understand.
>
> On the other hand, WHY mountain bikers don't "get it", now THERE'S a
> good research question. What goes wrong in their brains (or
> elsewhere?) that makes them think that the wholesale destruction of
> the natural world is a good hobby? Any thoughts, Dr. Dolan?

It all comes down to our human nature, which is why I am a permanent state
of despair about most things under the sun. By the time I was 21 I realized
there was nothing be done about anything. We humans will go on our self
destructive way until we are destroyed by something greater than ourselves.
I am betting on a virus or some type of microbe to do us in. One thing is
for sure, humanity will go out with a whimper, not a bang.

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 26 May 2006 23:00:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jules Augley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>And good riddance to you too! I have hardly ever encountered any
>>>so-called
>>>scientist who was not a coward. That is why they make such poor
>>>politicians.
>>>They bury themselves in 'research' and then try to make themselves
>>>relevant,
>>>but somehow they never do. What they do mainly is hide behind their
>>>freaking
>>>degrees and pretend to be experts. Quite pitiful really ...

>> AMEN. There are of course respectable scientists, but they mostly
>> don't concern themselves with obvious problems like mountain biking,
>> but with things that are much more difficult to understand.
>>
>> On the other hand, WHY mountain bikers don't "get it", now THERE'S a
>> good research question. What goes wrong in their brains (or
>> elsewhere?) that makes them think that the wholesale destruction of
>> the natural world is a good hobby? Any thoughts, Dr. Dolan?

> You mean as in the TOTAL destruction of natural land for a mall, apartment
> or factory while a "cartoon scientist" like you whine "I tawt I taw a
> bicycle"...
> Your OPINION that a bicycle on a trail is causing the "wholesale
> destruction of the natural world" while miles upon miles of new roads are
> being built and acres upon acres of trees are coming down for sprawl and
> malls is why you are a laughing stock on every level.

Still, the world would be better off without any mountain bikes and the
kind of slobs who ride them. After all, there are plenty of roads for
bicycles to be on.

I notice the local yokels around here want to walk in the streets now even
though we have perfectly good sidewalks for them. Go figure?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Jules Augley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 29 May 2006 06:58:54 GMT, "Jules Augley"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Adding a 'smiley' doesnt stop that being the comment of a bigot. Im
>>>guessing
>>>by all those question marks that you realise this.

>> I see your problem: you are prejudiced. For normal people, a smiley
>> implies that nothing I say should should be taken seriously. But you
>> insist on taking it seriously anyway (obviously you are just trying to
>> cover up the fact that you didn't notice the smiley when it appeared).
>> According to your theory, everyone who makes a joke actually believes
>> what they said is factual. Congratulations: you have singlehandedly
>> wiped out the concept of a joke. Idiot.

> Why cant you admit you made a mistake? You made a comment about a national
> stereotype, that is called bigotry. I have to say some of the things you
> post here flabbergast me; you make a bigoted comment and then say I am
> prejudiced. Please explain why? Adding smileys doesnt excuse anything, and
> it is utterly ridiculous to say so.

All this started because I called Jules Augley an English asshole! Mighty
oaks from little acorns grow!

Ah ... at long last Curtiss and Augley are moving into Dolan territory. Yes,
Vandeman is a near genius when it comes to expressing a stereotype, but he
can't hold a candle to me on that sort of thing. So let me advise one and
all that the English were never anything but oppressors of the Irish people
and hence never Great at all, but rather reprehensible in all their
essential national characteristics. Only a Margaret Thatcher or a Tony Blair
saves them from utter perdition.

Canadians have been permanent idiots thoughout their national existence.
Come on now, confess, have you ever known any Canadian who was not any
absolute idiot, besides being a scoundrel of course. The French are the
absolute pits, whether they are in Canada or in France. Europeans have
become nothing but traitors to Western Civilization and have been living off
the US all of my life. My God, anyone who would look to Europe for anything
other than their pre-20th century culture is beyond the pale. Just how
stupid can you get!

Vandeman's only mistake was adding a smiley. Why the hell add a smiley when
what you are saying reeks of nothing but the truth. It is high time we
Americans became as truly ugly as the rest of the world imagines us to be. I
say go everywhere and kick ass everywhere, especially European ass. But I
want to kick ass in the Middle East too. Hells Bells, like I said, let us
kick ass everywhere in the world. All that matters in the end is that we be
feared - and hence respected. Trying to be friends with knavish nations and
peoples is a fool's errand - something that only brain dead liberal left
wing ding bats think is worthwhile. I urge everyone to reread their
Machiavelli.

Curtiss and Augley, please oh please name-call me a bigot and a racist. That
will confirm everything I already know about you two bozos. But I just love
hypocrites like the two of you. Hells Bells, I have never known anyone in my
entire life who was not a racist and a bigot. Blacks are the biggest ones of
all - which is understandable. We would be too if we were Whites living in a
Black country like Uganda. But there is never anything quite like liberal
hypocrisy on the race issue.

Let's see, who else can I insult before I sign off? How about the Chinese
and the Indians. They have so overdeveloped their nations that they have
nothing left but surplus people. Now that we have opened our borders to the
Mexicans, maybe we could be brilliant enough to open our borders to the
teeming Chinese and Indians. They could come here in their billions and add
to our glory as a nation. The liberal Democrats would no doubt like that -
more voters for them don't you know?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Jason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>>1) You have not seen the document.
>>>2) You are calling it "junk"
>>>
>>>That is closed minded.

>> I've been informed of their methodology, which is ****. Garbage in,
>> garbage out.
>> ===

> Well that is certainly the only thing mike that you are qualified to talk
> about. Seeing as everything you say or put in your "peer reviewed paper"
> is garbage in and out.

This can't be right! I am the garbage man and I will have no other garbage
men before me. I have been taking out the garbage here on ARBR for the past
3 years - and believe you me, I know garbage when I see it! I am the expert
on garbage as many others will attest.

Jason, all you ever have to do is to run something past me and I will let
you know whether it is garbage or not. Do not trust any others on this
subject because if you get a wrong opinion it could lead to your early
demise. Garbage is nothing to fool around with. When you want the best
opinion on garbage, just call on Ed Dolan the Great. He really knows
garbage!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:56:21 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

Well, I will stop calling you an English asshole if and when you stop being
one. But how likely is that since you are English to the bone.

Don't you just love it when an English asshole hypocrite calls you a racist.
I sure do because it confirms every bad thought I have ever had in my life
about English assholes like freaking Davebee. Here is a twit who likes to
call names but wants to remain anonymous - of course!

Hey Davebee, it is not so bad to be an English asshole, but it is really
inexcusable not be a racist. But of course you are, you are just a hypocrite
about the matter like all your tribe. Those who bring up matters of race and
bigotry are always heavily into it themselves. Liberals are the biggest
racists that ever were because the subject is always on their minuscule
minds. They just love to charge others with being racists when all they
would ever have to do to find one is to look in the mirror.

I am NOT aware that there are any good people in England, Canada or
Australia. What I AM aware of is that there are lots and lots of assholes
in all those countries. Am I missing something?

>>> Um, look up "smiley" in the dictionary. Idiot.

No, when I am in England I only associate with the upper crust. The
commoners are horrible. You can't even understand what they are babbling
about. Why can't the English learn how to speak English? Then they could
maybe understand what the word asshole means and thus come to know what they
are.

Of course, it is more than likely

Wikipedia is for idiots who do not mind lots and lots of false information.
But that sure describes you, doesn't it.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:p[email protected]:

BS Your OPINION is at http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:12:03 -0400, "S Curtiss"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Don't insult dogs. They are a lot smarter than you are. They have
>>> even diagnosed cancer.
>>> ===

>>Perfect! Again the attempt at misdirection is obviously, classicly
>>Vandeman. If diagnosing cancer is your measure of intelligence, I am
>>the smart one as I have diagnosed you as a cancer on the cause of
>>conservation and cooperation between everyone to make it happen.

> Congratulations! You have arrived at the "Did you say something?"
> stage.

Congratulations! You have achieved Full Idiot status.

You make claims without any proof what so ever. You post your OPINIONS
on your web site as fact, the OPINIONS are NOT peer reviewed.

> [...]

>> scientific evidence, then you are a scientific fraud. You could do
>> everyone a huge favour and read up on Poppers, his influences and the
>> people he influenceds' work, maybe then you can approach your topic
>> more scientifically.

> Has it ever occurred to Jules Augley that science and the scientific
> method is vastly overrated. And there is nothing more overrated on the
> face of the earth than the scientists themselves. But like all his
> breed, he buries his head in meaningless research and hides behind his
> degrees. My contempt for such types runneth over! Any old mediocre
> politician could make mince meat out of him in a thrice!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Ed,
Lok around you, almost everything that you see that is man made was a
product of a scientist. The computer you are actually harrasing him on
is a producy of a scientist.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> You mean as in the TOTAL destruction of natural land for a mall,
>> apartment or factory while a "cartoon scientist" like you whine "I tawt I
>> taw a bicycle"...
>> Your OPINION that a bicycle on a trail is causing the "wholesale
>> destruction of the natural world" while miles upon miles of new roads are
>> being built and acres upon acres of trees are coming down for sprawl and
>> malls is why you are a laughing stock on every level.

> Still, the world would be better off without any mountain bikes and the
> kind of slobs who ride them. After all, there are plenty of roads for
> bicycles to be on.
>
> I notice the local yokels around here want to walk in the streets now even
> though we have perfectly good sidewalks for them. Go figure?

You could join them. After all there are plenty of sidewalks for you to be
on. Now that "yokels" are walking in the streets, you should have the
"sacred sidewalks" all to yourself.

No need to. Either you really believe the borders of a country dictate
intelligence or (and more likely) you are merely engaging in word games for
the sake of enjoyment or challenge - Like a chess game to see if the
opponent will take the fast bait or stick to strategy. You've by far
explained your motives of usenet so anything you say can be taken with a
grain of salt.

TOP POSTERS are KINGS of the WORLD!

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Curtiss and Augley, please oh please name-call me a bigot and a racist.
> That will confirm everything I already know about you two bozos. But I
> just love hypocrites like the two of you. Hells Bells, I have never known
> anyone in my entire life who was not a racist and a bigot. Blacks are the
> biggest ones of all - which is understandable. We would be too if we were
> Whites living in a Black country like Uganda. But there is never anything
> quite like liberal hypocrisy on the race issue.

news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:36:14 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Jules Augley wrote:
>>
>>> As for calling my bluff, once the project has been marked I can post
>>> substantial pieces of the report. But for now, he conducted and
>>> experiment
>>> in a regional park in Scotland. The experiment consisted of measuring
>>> impacts caused by both mountain bikers and walkers on vegetation, in two
>>> different habitat types (woodland and grassland) and on three different
>>> gradients (downhill, uphill and flat). Guess what, the results of his
>>> ANOVA
>>> showed NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE between mountain biking and walking.
>>> There
>>> were some significant p values in the interaction terms, but some of
>>> them
>>> showed a greater impact of walking in different habitats and gradients,
>>> and
>>> others showed the opposite. So, I have some evidence and have given you
>>> very brief summary. If the work is published I can provide a link, if
>>> not I
>>> will ask the authors (plural) permission to post excerpts here.

>>Not surprising. There have been numerous studies that have measured the
>>relative effects on plant life, animal life, and trail erosion by
>>different trail users (bicyclists, hikers, and equestrians). In every
>>case, the erosion caused by bicyclists and hikers has been comparable,
>>while equestrians cause the most erosion. Bicyclists actually have the
>>least impact on wildlife, though there is debate as to the reason, with
>>the belief being that since bicyclists tend to travel through an area
>>more quickly and more quietly, the wildlife is not disturbed as much.
>>
>>It's interesting to note that Vandeman has _never_ posted any evidence
>>to contradict all the studies, so it's inconceivable that he's not aware
>>that his statements have no basis in fact.

> BS. The truth is at http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/scb7.

You can not validate your OPINIONS by referencing yourself. Idiot :)