The Film - Super sized me

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
How many people have seen the movie supper sized me? all about an experiment on fast food mc donnalds in the UK, and the damaging effects of fast foods.

Ouch! Enough to put anyone off fast food, and fizzy drinks for ever?

I just rented the dvd today. Doesn't bother me -- I can control what I eat whenever I go there. Like a Big N Tasty meal regular size won't make me fat -- but my drinks are always diet. Sometimes I go there and just eat a sandwich - no fries or drinks.

The film was made in the USA though.

It made me stop eating **** all the time. I'm still too lazy to cook, but instead of taking the tasty way out and just grabbing some fast food, I'll eat oatmeal or something less poisonous to my body.

Also, though I doubt many people on these forums will seek to discredit the movie, I need to say this in anticipation of the inevitable. Yeah, everyone understands that if you eat anything for 30 days, you'll have harmful health effects. What you, the person who goes and points this out, should understand, is that the whole 30 day thing works as a ploy to spread the movie. "Did you hear about the movie where the guy ate McDonalds for 30 days?" Its a gimmick, whereas the movie's message is important and informative.

true, dont look at just the 'getting fat' part. It is more about McDonalds attitude and how they are happy to serve the public low quality food which has arrived at your table using often very unethical means.
See www.mcspotlight.org

quintonl said:
true, dont look at just the 'getting fat' part. It is more about McDonalds attitude and how they are happy to serve the public low quality food which has arrived at your table using often very unethical means.
See www.mcspotlight.org
UNETHICAL MEANS!You want to read the book FAST FOOD NATION by: Eric Schlosser, you'll never want to visit mcdonalds again.

It explain the ingredients of most of the food that they serve, and drinks i.e. milkshake for example how it doesn't have milk in it and the raeson they are called shakes and not milk shakes.

...havent got to that one yet, read 'No Logo' which is also quite informative.
Good news last nght as the McLibel 2 are backed by the European Court.
Bye bye McDonalds and Murder King!

Yeah my building (in manhattan) is next to a McDonalds and, although i haven't eaten any fast food for several years, every time I walk by I think of that movie and have to stifle my own vomit.