> G.T. wrote: > >> Of course not. Still the same people speaking with reason saying >> the same things and the same people spewing back with fear and >> ignorance. > > Par for the course in these threads. Gotta go shopping for my > walking helmet today.
I appear to need a refrigerator-raiding helmet. Clonged myself good on the freezer door earlier.
Other day I was putting on sunscreen (risk compensation!) in the bathroom before a ride. Had a little extra lotion on my hands, so bent over to put it on my legs and BAM! knocked my head right into the sink countertop. Luckily, I had already put on my helmet and therefore didn't die. (I /did/ see stars, though.)
<eg> Survivor Sorni <eg>
Uh huh... but the helmet increased the diameter of your head, making it easier to hit.
This hit was straight on the forehead. The lid made the hit .00000000012 second sooner is all.
Werehatrack wrote: > On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:26:44 -0700, SMS <[email hidden]> > wrote: > >> G.T. wrote: >> >>> Of course not. Still the same people speaking with reason saying >>> the same things and the same people spewing back with fear and >>> ignorance. >> >> Par for the course in these threads. Gotta go shopping for my >> walking helmet today. > > I appear to need a refrigerator-raiding helmet. Clonged myself good > on the freezer door earlier.
Other day I was putting on sunscreen (risk compensation!) in the bathroom before a ride. Had a little extra lotion on my hands, so bent over to put it on my legs and BAM! knocked my head right into the sink countertop. Luckily, I had already put on my helmet and therefore didn't die. (I /did/ see stars, though.)
<eg> Survivor Sorni <eg>
Uh huh... but the helmet increased the diameter of your head, making it easier to hit.
This hit was straight on the forehead. The lid made the hit .00000000012 second sooner is all.
You are ignoring the fact that the helmet made your head 12% heavier, making your neck unable to prevent the impact. The Wonderous Raven will 'splain it to you. And Krygowski has all the "data".
Do you wear a helmet in the shower? Whilst reading the newspaper? Whilst posting to Usenet? Why not?
You are ignoring the fact that the helmet made your head 12% heavier, making your neck unable to prevent the impact. The Wonderous Raven will 'splain it to you. And Krygowski has all the "data".
pre aussie MHL, I thought I heard a car behind and looked back only to clip and encroaching construction stake (it was moved after my accident). I went over the bars with half a twist and landed flat on, very little impact, just a cut the back of my head and a few stitches. I really wonder how my neck would have handled the protruding rear of a helmet grounding well before, 40mm would have been a lot given how flat my trajectory was.