The hottest thing in mountain bike technology

The hottest thing in mountain bike technology remains high performance
disc brakes and the surprisingly affordable Cherokee Scrambler has got
them. Bike features long travel suspension fork, precision 21-speed
Shimano drive train and shifters, and knobby all-terrain tires. All
mounted to an aluminum 19" suspension frame. 26" wheels, 19" frame.
Available in: Red. This item has a $40.00 drop ship fee for ground
service.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The hottest thing in mountain bike technology remains high performance
> disc brakes and the surprisingly affordable Cherokee Scrambler has got
> them. Bike features long travel suspension fork, precision 21-speed
> Shimano drive train and shifters, and knobby all-terrain tires. All
> mounted to an aluminum 19" suspension frame. 26" wheels, 19" frame.
> Available in: Red. This item has a $40.00 drop ship fee for ground
> service.

I need a new MTB as I have cracked my frame on my dual suspension MTB and
$40 sounds great.

Only problem I need a larger frame, as I ride a 49cm / 59cm ( 10cm stem )
MTB and 59cm / 59cm ( 12cm stem ) on the track bike and a 52cm / 56cm ( 15cm
stem ) road bike.

<
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeep-Cherokee-Scrambler-Mountain-Bike_W0QQitemZ180079100136QQcmdZViewItem >

<
http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Cherokee-Scrambler-26-Inch-Mountain/dp/B000A2JW5M

Looks pretty crappy, I would probably snap the frame on that one with my
95kg's and my power.

The groupset looks like it's close to the cheapest that Shimano has on
offer, and the frame looks almost exactly like the one that my father
recently bought from Aldi stores for around $199 Australian, so given that
his has 8 speeds vs the 7 speed of the Cherokee Scrambler I think he did
rather well for his $$.

Boostland said:
Looks pretty crappy, I would probably snap the frame on that one with my
95kg's and my power.

I thought it was over-rated until I saw the last line of the add, that did it for me I am bidding... you can't go past a "Kick Stand" while mountain biking.

Especially as you are going around a corner and it drops down.......

Boostland said:
I would probably snap the frame on that one with my
95kg's and my power.
Is that like some Uri Geller metal-bending mind power? Do you just rub the frame with your thumb till it yields?

I have the power to end a silly thread with a single post!

monsterman said:
Is that like some Uri Geller metal-bending mind power? Do you just rub the frame with your thumb till it yields?

I have the power to end a silly thread with a single post!
Lotte will be interested in those brakes though, MM! We all know how she loves disc brakes ... :D

DB

Duracell Bunny said:
Lotte will be interested in those brakes though, MM! We all know how she loves disc brakes ... :D

DB
Well, I used to have the power anyway ... ... ...

On Jan 29, 2:25 pm, monsterman <monsterman.2l5...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Boostland Wrote:> I would probably snap the frame on that one with my
> > 95kg's and my power.

> Is that like some Uri Geller metal-bending mind power?

I think it's one very strong right hand.

"monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Boostland Wrote:
>> I would probably snap the frame on that one with my
>> 95kg's and my power.
>>
>> Is that like some Uri Geller metal-bending mind power? Do you just rub

> the frame with your thumb till it yields?
>
> I have the power to end a silly thread with a single post!
>

> --
> monsterman

Well talking about power I destroyed a 36 spoke Shimano 105 rear hub today,
I snapped a spoke on the left side and ripped out 2 spokes from the hub on
the right hand side, destroying the hub when I was climbing a hill today (
damn I need to lose some weight ).

I managed to ride the 35km's home on it slowly and only snapped one more
spoke on the way home, the wheel was pretty bad by the time I got home.

I was humbled by a small but powerful female rider in the last race at Dunc
Gray on the Sydney cup night, it was a 15 lap scratch race with Div 2 and
the fast Div 3 riders as well as the top female riders.
I was on the front with around 5 laps to go and the pace was rather high
thanks to a rider from my club that had picked up the pace about 4 laps
earlier.

I swung up after doing a short turn and rolled towards the back, 1/2 a lap
later Sklee Armstrong ( who was World Junior Track Champion ) swung up and
headed towards the back, she was on my outside and we were both at the back,
then with under 2 laps to go she took off around the outside towards the
front.

I thought here is the wheel I want for a easy ride to the front, but she
went that fast I had to use all my sprinting speed just to hold her wheel,
we hit the front with one lap to go she dropped down to the bottom and I
stayed up high, I was thinking what the hell am I doing here with a full lap
to go, I needed to be there at least 1/2 a lap later if I was to have any
chance of holding it.

< http://www.erniesmithphoto.com.au/photos/Img0419_0178_thm.jpg >

She is # 59 on the silver bike at the bottom of that pic, I am # 29 on the
red bike above her, I had basically done my sprint just holding her wheel
and I only managed to stay at the front until we hit the back straight, at
that point the lactic had cut in and I was spent, I got swamped into the
last bend and rolled across the line in a lot of pain.

Skylee ended up with a 4th place and I think I was about 7th place in that
event.

< http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/Files/Races/2007/07011/07011.htm#Results >

Had I not raced so hard in the previous missing out race I might have had a
chance of a place, but I think I did better off prize $$ wise winning the
missing out race as I probably would have only managed 3rd place at best in
the final race if everything had gone my way.

Now I am a bit more confident on Dunc Gray ( it was my first time on the
track & on timber ) I am hoping to get some better results in the Clarence
St cup next Saturday.

Seriously, no ****? I ripped off a fart this morning that blew my pearl izumi's to bits. Now that's p0wer to be ph33red !!!!!!

monsterman said:
Seriously, no ****? I ripped off a fart this morning that blew my pearl izumi's to bits. Now that's p0wer to be ph33red !!!!!!
MM, you truly are all they say you are, and all you claim to be...

*humbles herself in awe of the ph33red m4st3r MM, or MethaneMan*

"monsterman" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Boostland Wrote:
>> Well talking about power I destroyed a 36 spoke Shimano 105 rear hub
>> today,

> Seriously, no ****? I ripped off a fart this morning that blew my
> pearl izumi's to bits. Now that's p0wer to be ph33red !!!!!!
>

> --
> monsterman

So were you on the ABOC baked beans carbo loading diet ?

< http://www.aboc.com.au/tips-and-hints/guide-to-carbo-loading/ >

"Baked beans, around 19% carbs, 4.3 kg of baked beans (urg, I'm not riding
in your slipstream!)"

asterope said:
MM, you truly are all they say you are, and all you claim to be...

*humbles herself in awe of the ph33red m4st3r MM, or MethaneMan*
Ain't that the truth, Asterope!

On Jan 29, 2:25 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2l5...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Boostland Wrote:
> > Looks pretty crappy, I would probably snap the frame on that one with
> > my
> > 95kg's and my power.I thought it was over-rated until I saw the last line of the add, that

> did it for me I am bidding... you can't go past a "Kick Stand" while
> mountain biking.
>
> Especially as you are going around a corner and it drops down.......

What?! You expect me to lean my valuable Jeep up against the
*ground*?!

BTH

Nup. Apparently like you, I can tap into completely unbelivable levels of power at will. I just need to get angry enough, and full enough of **** and hot air, and then .. .. . .. . . .. . . . .. .KABOOM !!!!!!!!:eek: