Anyone got a seatpost that they're not currently using and would like to get rid of? I did have a perfectly good one this morning, but I locked the bike up, and when I returned, both seatpost and saddle were gone. When I say saddle that is, of course, an abridged description. The full and more correct description would be MY HONEY-COLOURED, COPPER-RAILED B-17 BROOKS LEATHER FSCKING SADDLE!!1!ELEVEN!
*breathes*
I still have the original saddle that came with the bike, so once I have a seatpost by which the twain may meet, I'll be mobile. Not that that's entirely the point. Whatever sociopathic little unterturd made off with it probably doesn't have the first clue of what they've nabbed and they most likely half destroyed it in the process (apparently Brooks saddles don't like being hauled on...it stretches the [censored] out of them).
"Humbug" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
On 03/03/06 at 22:32:54 Resound somehow managed to type:
<snip>
Quoted message said:
description. The full and more correct description would be MY HONEY-COLOURED, COPPER-RAILED B-17 BROOKS LEATHER FSCKING SADDLE!!1!ELEVEN!
Ahhhh [censored].... I assume it was all nicely worn in and VERY comfy ?? Sorry I can't offer anything more than a bit of sympathy...:-(
Did you have a quick release seat post clamp ?
Nope, and the collar was tightened to the point of reasonably significant allen key flexing. It was just getting started on the wearig in process and was already reasonably comfy. It was also new enough to still be an object of some joy to me as a novelty thing.
Nope, and the collar was tightened to the point of reasonably significant allen key flexing. It was just getting started on the wearig in process and was already reasonably comfy. It was also new enough to still be an object of some joy to me as a novelty thing.
Seems likely someone knew exactly what it was then.
On 04/03/06 at 02:24:08 Resound somehow managed to type:
<snip>
Quoted message said:
Nope, and the collar was tightened to the point of reasonably significant allen key flexing. It was just getting started on the wearig in process and was already reasonably comfy. It was also new enough to still be an object of some joy to me as a novelty thing.
Hmmm - looks like he/she/it knew exactly what it was and what they were after.
So much for the old adage - they'll take anything that's not bolted down...:-(
Quoted message said:
Still [censored].
If it was me I'd be best steered well clear of for at least a week...grrrr...
-- Humbug BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)
"cfsmtb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Resound said:
spit spit spit
Bumfaces.
Fcuksticks.
That was a very nice saddle, even if it didn't really match the bike. 🙁
-- cfsmtb
Well it wasn't really intended for that bike; I just figured that I might as well use it and start the wearing in process while the fixie that it *was* intended for was being built. That being said, there was every chance that, kleptards aside, it would never have left that bike and that I would have got another one for the fixie.
Anyone got a seatpost that they're not currently using and would like to get rid of? I did have a perfectly good one this morning, but I locked the bike up, and when I returned, both seatpost and saddle were gone. When I say saddle that is, of course, an abridged description. The full and more correct description would be MY HONEY-COLOURED, COPPER-RAILED B-17 BROOKS LEATHER FSCKING SADDLE!!1!ELEVEN!
*breathes*
I still have the original saddle that came with the bike, so once I have a seatpost by which the twain may meet, I'll be mobile. Not that that's entirely the point. Whatever sociopathic little unterturd made off with it probably doesn't have the first clue of what they've nabbed and they most likely half destroyed it in the process (apparently Brooks saddles don't like being hauled on...it stretches the [censored] out of them).
spit spit spit
Bumfaces.
All I can say is that I hope you have a really unusually shaped [censored] and that the saddle was worn to suit that shape perfectly, as Brooks saddles do. And that when the thieving [censored] that took it attempts to ride it, it gives him haemoroids :eek: (at the very least).
Anyone got a seatpost that they're not currently using and would like to get rid of? I did have a perfectly good one this morning, but I locked the bike up, and when I returned, both seatpost and saddle were gone. When I say saddle that is, of course, an abridged description. The full and more correct description would be MY HONEY-COLOURED, COPPER-RAILED B-17 BROOKS LEATHER FSCKING SADDLE!!1!ELEVEN!
*breathes*
I still have the original saddle that came with the bike, so once I have a seatpost by which the twain may meet, I'll be mobile. Not that that's entirely the point. Whatever sociopathic little unterturd made off with it probably doesn't have the first clue of what they've nabbed and they most likely half destroyed it in the process (apparently Brooks saddles don't like being hauled on...it stretches the [censored] out of them).
spit spit spit
Bumfaces.
I bought a little cable lock the other day for accessories, and it had on the packaging some instructions about how it was good for a seat and seatpost. I really didn't think people did sh!t like that.
I have a setback seatpost lying around at home somewhere that I'm not going to use (because I need to be further forward). I won't be able to post it for a week as I'm heading off to the Blue Mtns and have other stuff in between so I don't know if that's not useful... anyway let me know.
I have a spare men's saddle as well, it's a fancy gel one that's probably excruciatingly painful.
"Tamyka Bell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Resound said:
Anyone got a seatpost that they're not currently using and would like to get rid of? I did have a perfectly good one this morning, but I locked the bike up, and when I returned, both seatpost and saddle were gone. When I say saddle that is, of course, an abridged description. The full and more correct description would be MY HONEY-COLOURED, COPPER-RAILED B-17 BROOKS LEATHER FSCKING SADDLE!!1!ELEVEN!
*breathes*
I still have the original saddle that came with the bike, so once I have a seatpost by which the twain may meet, I'll be mobile. Not that that's entirely the point. Whatever sociopathic little unterturd made off with it probably doesn't have the first clue of what they've nabbed and they most likely half destroyed it in the process (apparently Brooks saddles don't like being hauled on...it stretches the [censored] out of them).
spit spit spit
Bumfaces.
I bought a little cable lock the other day for accessories, and it had on the packaging some instructions about how it was good for a seat and seatpost. I really didn't think people did sh!t like that.
I have a setback seatpost lying around at home somewhere that I'm not going to use (because I need to be further forward). I won't be able to post it for a week as I'm heading off to the Blue Mtns and have other stuff in between so I don't know if that's not useful... anyway let me know.
I have a spare men's saddle as well, it's a fancy gel one that's probably excruciatingly painful.
Tam
Thanks for the thought...I'll probably get one tomorrow (got the day off). I still have the original saddle that came with the bike that I've found to be not bad.