The Kloden case...Bruynel preparing something ?...

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:13:27 -0800 (PST), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

[about Michael Ball]

>how is he going to react when his entire team is 20 minutes back after
>the second stage of cali ?

Magnum of Krug $600

Cadilac Escalade with custom pain, wheels and soundsystem $75,000

Mid-level domestic pro cycling team $600,000

Watching your whole team except one ex-doper go out the back on the
first stage of Cali..... priceless.

On Jan 7, 10:51 am, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > [email protected] wrote:

> >> Michael Ball...??

> > The guy who signed Tyler "Puerto" Hamilton and Santi "Puerto"
> > Botero and wants to sign Oscar "Puerto" Sevilla.

> > I wonder who Scott "Faked Lab Test" Moninger is riding for
> > this year.

> > Bob Schwartz

> Moninger retired.

He and Len Pettyjohn are co-directing Toyota United:

http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13373.0.html

On Jan 7, 6:35 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:05:51 GMT, Bob Schwartz
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >[email protected] wrote:
> >> Today doping is a
> >> major item in the news and sponsors are very sensitive to this.

> >Michael Ball isn't.

> I heard he's "into it."

Seems like the way Vince McMahon was into the XFL.
Should be interesting in a tabloid way at least.
Bill C

On Jan 7, 6:38 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:13:27 -0800 (PST), "[email protected]"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> [about Michael Ball]
>

> >how is he going to react when his entire team is 20 minutes back after
> >the second stage of cali ?

> Magnum of Krug $600
>
> Cadilac Escalade with custom pain, wheels and soundsystem $75,000
>
> Mid-level domestic pro cycling team $600,000
>
> Watching your whole team except one ex-doper go out the back on the
> first stage of Cali..... priceless.

that may or may not happen, but if it does is ball going to see it as
a minor setback in a long term plan or is he going to think "i can't
believe i'm paying these losers ?"

"Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Moninger retired.

> He and Len Pettyjohn are co-directing Toyota United:
>
> http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13373.0.html

I was very pleased to see Len back at the helm of a team. On the domestic
scene, if anyone can make a difference in a team as DS I'd put my money on
Pettyjohn.

In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Moninger retired.

> > He and Len Pettyjohn are co-directing Toyota United:
> >
> > http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13373.0.html

> I was very pleased to see Len back at the helm of a team. On the domestic
> scene, if anyone can make a difference in a team as DS I'd put my money on
> Pettyjohn.

Pettyjohn runs a team as it should be and he gets results. He also has a great eye
for talented riders. I'm glad to see him back. Who ran the Chevrolet-LA Sheriff's
team, btw?

--
tanx,
Howard

Now it's raining pitchforks and women,
But I've already got a pitchfork...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article
<e8708977-781b-4656-a386-1d7724517e1f@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

> On Jan 7, 5:39 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > Here's a real clue - Ball knows what a lot of top notch businessmen know -
> > there's no such thing as bad publicity when you're trying to get your
> > company name known.

> dumbass,
>
> ball does have cash, but he is 10 ways crazy and is level jumping. he
> wants to go from a low-level NRC team to riding milan-san remo and the
> giro without doing the work in between.
>
> i don't think he gives a rats about bad publicity from his cycling
> team, this is a guy who brags about doing jail time and faces multiple
> lawsuits for assaults and something called "sextortion" and it doesn't
> hurt the sales of his $300 diesel jeans.

Sextortion?

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 7, 2:39 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > "According to UCI rules, a Continental team may not race any event
> > rated higher than 1.1 (one-day races, for example Kuurne-Brussels-
> > Kuurne or Cholet Pays de Loire) or 2.1 (Tour of Murcia, or Vuelta
> > Castilla y Leon). Races that Ball is said to be interested in, like
> > the Giro d'Italia or Milan-San Remo, were ProTour events in 2007, the
> > highest possible designation.

> > Even if the 2008 season sees those events proceed outside the ProTour
> > calendar, as is currently forecast, they will almost assuredly get a
> > UCI ranking of 2.HC and 1.HC, meaning they're still off-limits to
> > Continental teams. To gain a wildcard entry, Rock would have to be a
> > UCI Professional Continental team, a tier above its present
> > designation.

> > When asked about the discrepancy, Ball replied, "I'm pretty sure we're
> > Pro Continental. Yeah, I know we are. If not, we'll definitely lobby
> > to make sure that's corrected and that we have the opportunity to go
> > into some different major league races other than the Tour of
> > California and Tour de Georgia.""

I seriously doubt the ASO will permit Balls team to participate in
the TDF. Just recall the anti-doping pledge they had to sign last
year. The ASO has to much to lose in letting a bunch of dopers ride in
the TDF.

> Psst - the three major European tours have reserved the right to bring in
> anyone they want.

This true, but it's all depends on how the customers view his tieam.

On Jan 7, 10:29 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <e8708977-781b-4656-a386-1d7724517...@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>

> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 5:39 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> > > Here's a real clue - Ball knows what a lot of top notch businessmen know -
> > > there's no such thing as bad publicity when you're trying to get your
> > > company name known.

> > dumbass,

> > ball does have cash, but he is 10 ways crazy and is level jumping. he
> > wants to go from a low-level NRC team to riding milan-san remo and the
> > giro without doing the work in between.

> > i don't think he gives a rats about bad publicity from his cycling
> > team, this is a guy who brags about doing jail time and faces multiple
> > lawsuits for assaults and something called "sextortion" and it doesn't
> > hurt the sales of his $300 diesel jeans.

> Sextortion?

dumbass,

another first time use on rbr ? read about it :

http://tinyurl.com/yqw3nr

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0126200...nalnews_dareh_gregorian_and_bill_hoffmann.htm

Howard Kveck wrote:
> Who ran the Chevrolet-LA Sheriff's team, btw?

Dave Lettieri

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> I was very pleased to see Len back at the helm of a team. On the domestic
>> scene, if anyone can make a difference in a team as DS I'd put my money
>> on
>> Pettyjohn.

> Pettyjohn runs a team as it should be and he gets results. He also has a
> great eye
> for talented riders. I'm glad to see him back. Who ran the Chevrolet-LA
> Sheriff's
> team, btw?

Dave Lettieri was the on the road DS. I can't recall the names of the team
principals.

On Jan 7, 6:39 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bret" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >> Moninger retired.

> > He and Len Pettyjohn are co-directing Toyota United:

> >http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13373.0.html

> I was very pleased to see Len back at the helm of a team. On the domestic
> scene, if anyone can make a difference in a team as DS I'd put my money on
> Pettyjohn.

Here's a better article about this:

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13856.0.html

"Pettyjohn offered to spend the coming season working with Moninger,
sharing his background as a team director, with the goal of eventually
handing the team off to the younger assistant director. "

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Magnum of Krug $600
>
> Cadilac Escalade with custom pain, wheels and soundsystem $75,000
>
> Mid-level domestic pro cycling team $600,000
>
> Watching your whole team except one ex-doper go out the back on the first
> stage of Cali..... priceless.

I wonder if Fuentes took Mastercard.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:37:52 -0800 (PST), "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I seriously doubt the ASO will permit Balls team to participate in
>the TDF. Just recall the anti-doping pledge they had to sign last
>year. The ASO has to much to lose in letting a bunch of dopers ride in
>the TDF.

That we're eve talking about these means he's getting what he wants.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> That we're eve talking about these means he's getting what he wants.

You make LIVEDRUNK proud. (I mean, a typo, an error and two
contractions, no less; the good stuff must be getting to you.)

[email protected] wrote:
> The ASO has to much to lose in letting a bunch of dopers ride in
> the TDF.

Here in the US, the main reason baseball was so slow in
bringing the hammer down on steroid use was... the owners
were making too much money on the guys that were juiced.

In the Olympics, the reason dope testing was established
as a separate agency was because the national federations
consistently refused to act counter to their financial
interests in enforcing doping regulations.

The ASO has become quite wealthy as an organization from
dopers riding in the Tour.

You're not really thinking this through, are you?

Bob Schwartz

PS And just how do you know that sponsorship is dropping,
in aggregate?

:
: "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
:
:
: http://velonews.com/news/fea/13868.0.html
:
: 20 Aussies
:
: I wonder how many Aussie riders have pro licenses?

a lot more than the 20 on the above list

I think I could come up with close to 20 more

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*) . . . bjbear on his treadly

"barry taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> :
> :
> : 20 Aussies
> :
> : I wonder how many Aussie riders have pro licenses?
>
> a lot more than the 20 on the above list
>
> I think I could come up with close to 20 more

For what it was worth, I checked the UCI Oceania rankings and counted
roughly 25 Aussies out of the top 50, a number of which are the same riders
listed on US based teams.

I find it interesting that half the registered Aussies pros would be
employed on US teams.