The Mike Vandeman "FAQ"

Mike Vandeman

Guest
If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.

It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits that I
am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have to be
right 99+% of the time. I may not be always right, but I have yet to hear of a
single factual (i.e., not subjective) assertion I have made that is wrong. I am
still waiting....
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
>
> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits

that I
> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have

to be
> right 99+% of the time. I may not be always right, but I have yet to hear

of a
> single factual (i.e., not subjective) assertion I have made that is wrong.

I am
> still waiting....

exp(troll)

> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
>
> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits

that I
> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have

to be
> right 99+% of the time. I may not be always right, but I have yet to hear

of a
> single factual (i.e., not subjective) assertion I have made that is wrong.

I am
> still waiting....
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Since when is a Ph.D in Underwater Basket Weaving worth much?

> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
>
> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits

that I
> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have

to be
> right 99+% of the time.

Which makes us wonder why they even allow you to buy Cracker Jacks, knowing
that some of the boxes have PhD's in them.

Bike routes consume less than 0.004% of the habitat through which they pass,
and for any given route, less than 0.01% has an adverse affect on the
habitat through which it passes.

What the author as aludiing to is that your basic agenda to preserve the
environment is a good one. What you ignore is that many in the biking
communinty, and even some in the motoring community, actually side with your
basic agenda. Where you lead yourself astray is in insisting that everybody
that rides or drives is directly responsible for an environmental calamity.
The fact is, most vehicle operators actually care about many of the same
things you care about, and they go to great lengths to not do precisely the
things you pin on them.

You also ignore the fact that many of the routes you want to close to
vehicle operators have been in the inventory for a century, some for even
longer, and the environment through which they pass has gotten along just
fine without your fanaticism.

"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YG9Uc.7$A91.2@okepread02...

> "John S. Watson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
> > > http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.

> > So the mountain biker website above says you hate mountain biking,
> > and you say what they say is all lies,
> > does that mean you really like mountain biking? :)
> >

> > JW

> Don't try to confuse him, after all he has a PhD.

Well, yes, he may have a PhD., but he says it's in psychology, and that
humans are too complex and cannot be understood.

I personally would not like to devote all those years studying something to
learn that it can't be understood. Could drive a person mad. Maybe that's
when you get the PhD.

> Well, yes, he may have a PhD., but he says it's in psychology, and that
> humans are too complex and cannot be understood.
>
> I personally would not like to devote all those years studying something
> to learn that it can't be understood. Could drive a person mad. Maybe
> that's when you get the PhD.

So then it would appear that his PhD in psychology is about as useful as
his futile crusade against mountain biking.

One thing he does have going for him: He's quite a successful newsgroup
troll. I'm sure his Mom is real proud.

--
____________________________
TOMMY HOMICIDE

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits

that I
> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have

to be
> right 99+% of the time. I may not be always right, but I have yet to hear

of a
> single factual (i.e., not subjective) assertion I have made that is wrong.

I am
> still waiting....

Um, technically "mostly" is anything >50% but <100%, so 99% - even "99+%" -
would qualify for "mostly". And, please, stop flaunting your "peice of
paper".

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

"Scott Burley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have
> to be
> > right 99+% of the time.

One does, and this 'one' (resident in academia) knows of several PhD
qualified people who soon found they were wrong in a lot of things,
depending on what assumptions they made. In fact, becoming PhD
qualified generally involves being wrong a lot of the time to get to a
final right answer. But in any situation, this is in one specific area
and generally these people have little idea of other areas even quite
closely linked to their PhD. I'm in the middle of one, I can see it
all around me.

But this is the last I will bite at MV's 'work' as it is him that
spoilt this NG for me last time i was here. From now on I'm filtering
anything with him in it, and by him. MV, reply with what you like, I
wont be listening as your inane prattle has gone on forever. I have
grown and matured since the time I was annoyed by your garbage, it
seems you have not.

> But this is the last I will bite at MV's 'work' as it is him that
> spoilt this NG for me last time i was here.

Take comfort in that that's all he's been successful at. He hasn't spoiled
anyone's RIDE and never will...

--
____________________________
TOMMY HOMICIDE

In article <[email protected]>,
Scott Burley <[email protected]> wrote:
>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>And, please, stop flaunting your "piece of paper".

I don't mind him flaunting.
There are a lot of PhDs who don't accomplish much after their thesis.
That is a testimony to our educational system as well as the person
and the way our world views degrees. Let him pull the degree down.
He's not alone. And it makes the Wozs better in the world.

Neither of you (not an adverse comment to you Scott) reduced the
followup to less relevant groups.

In the middle.

--

Eugene Miya wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>, Scott
> Burley <[email protected]> wrote:

>> And, please, stop flaunting your "piece of paper".

> I don't mind him flaunting.
> There are a lot of PhDs who don't accomplish much after their thesis.

Mike's so-called thesis had to do with how various ethnic groups taste spicy
foods. He has absolutely /no/ credentials as an environmentalist or
conservationist.

Bill "duh, it's OBVIOUS!" S.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:57:08 -0300, Chris Phillipo
<[email protected]> wrote:

..In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
..> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
..> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
..>
..> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits that I
..> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have to be
..
..You are definitely mostly to the "RIGHT", only the extreme right
..advocates paving nature preserves in order to save them. Have a nice
..day George W. Vandyman. You degree is worth about as much as the
..president's.

Thanks for proving my point: that mountain bikers are incorrigible LIARS.
===

On 16 Aug 2004 13:09:30 -0700, [email protected] (John S. Watson) wrote:

..Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
..> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
..> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
..
..So the mountain biker website above says you hate mountain biking,
..and you say what they say is all lies,
..does that mean you really like mountain biking? :)

You can answer your own question.
===

S o r n i <[email protected]> wrote:
>Eugene Miya wrote:
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>, Scott
>> Burley <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> And, please, stop flaunting your "piece of paper".

>> I don't mind him flaunting.
>> There are a lot of PhDs who don't accomplish much after their thesis.

>Mike's so-called thesis had to do with how various ethnic groups taste spicy
>foods.

So as Bill Murray said in the 1st Ghostbusters: He can find work in the
Food service industry.

The general problem is that many industries, organizations, and
institutions don't care what a person's doctorate is in. That's their
problem (and it contributes to the country's problems).

>He has absolutely /no/ credentials as an environmentalist or
>conservationist.

"Environmentalist" and "conservationist" aren't big degree issues.
Dave Brower was well known by these titles, but he didn't had a degree
in biology or forestry, etc.

--

This a**hole rails on about two wheelers and the environment
as if MBer'sm are doing anything significant compared

(click on this Michael. maybe a better outlet for your naturalistic
passions)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1803&e=5&u=/washpost/2004081
7/pl_washpost/a6462_2004aug16

PhD in Ethnic spiciness? Hmmm.

JP

> If you like reading a bunch of mountain biker lies, see
> http://bbtc.org/php/show_page.php?page_id=32.
>
> It is interesting, however, that among the lies, the author also admits

that I
> am mostly RIGHT. One doesn't get a Ph.D. by being "mostly" right. You have

to be
> right 99+% of the time. I may not be always right, but I have yet to hear

of a
> single factual (i.e., not subjective) assertion I have made that is wrong.

I am
> still waiting....
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

So what does PhD stand for anyway...

Phoolish Doofus?

Is it proper etiquette to ask a question in another persons thread?
Opps, my bad :) In this NG no one respects that there may be other
opinions with equal potential to rightness or <gasp> that perhaps there may
be compromise.
Opps, my bad again. I accidentally typed "no one" when I meant "Mike".

Pharting ********?

You're so dammed extreme and closed minded, it makes me laugh when I don't
think about how pathetic you are.
There's a funny story about how Greenpeace doesn't even support your
extremist conservationalist activism. Go ahead, tell everyone your version
of the story or is that skeleton packed back in the closet?

Phallic Deepthroater?

The only thing I can give you credit for is persistence. You just never
never never never stop. Much like an autistic kid may bang his head against
a wall.

What makes you think the rest of the world gives a big fat hairy rats ass
about your black hole of an existence? What makes you think that anyone,
after reading more than 1 of your threads, would waste the time to follow
any link you post? Absolutely anything else is less of a waste of time....
like... putting gum on my ass and seeing if I can catch a fart in a bubble.

Phuckin Dork?

Waaaaay back whenever, when I read one of your posts for the very first
time, I tried to respond seriously, as if you were a person of reason
attempting to debate an issue of personal interest and importance...
hehe, Opps, my bad again... you were just a radical freak with an agenda,
listening to nothing and spewing **** worse than a busted sewage treatment
plant.

Phact Destroyer?

So before you get on your high horse about how immature or vulgar or
accurate my post is, just remember, before I knew who and what you were, I
gave you a shot and you blew your wad all over your shorts even before the
action started.

You are not worthy of a rational or respectful exchange. I only post this to
warn others not to get sucked into your mind numbing troll quest.

Hang on, I think I got it...
Phrightfully Delusional?

Tell me when I get warm :)

"Peb0" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> So what does PhD stand for anyway...
>
> Phoolish Doofus?
> Pharting ********?
> Phallic Deepthroater?
> Phuckin Dork?
> Phact Destroyer?

You're stooping to his level again, why bother.
And oi, be careful what you say about PhD's!