the "monster"

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am sure
    I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP. But
    something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to the future weigh ins. What will
    they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen overnight and fortunately I didn't
    let it cause me to give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the official
    weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    hey - I can go up and down by as much as 7 pounds in a week! down towards
    WI - up at the weekends, and then back down again. I can lose as much as
    2lbs overnight. So, weighing in the day before, or even the night before,
    doesn't ever really tell me what the official figure is going to be.........
    It occasionally shows trend, but that's about it. It doesn't stop me doing
    it, but rather than being upset by it, I now know that's how my body works.
    So - fingers crossed for you for tomorrow :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    > sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP.
    > But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    the
    > future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the official weigh in.
    > Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  3. What happened to you is why you should only weigh in once a week. You just might have a loss
    tomorrow & will have made yourself disappointed for no reason. Sure hope that is what
    happens! Elaine K

    bird wrote:

    >Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    >sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP.
    >But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to the future weigh ins. What
    >will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen overnight and fortunately I
    >didn't let it cause me to give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the
    >official weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  4. Bird

    Bird Guest

    thanks Kris.
    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hey - I can go up and down by as much as 7 pounds in a week! down towards WI - up at the weekends,
    > and then back down again. I can lose as much as 2lbs overnight. So, weighing in the day before, or
    > even the night before, doesn't ever really tell me what the official figure is going to
    be.........
    > It occasionally shows trend, but that's about it. It doesn't stop me
    doing
    > it, but rather than being upset by it, I now know that's how my body
    works.
    > So - fingers crossed for you for tomorrow :)
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...
    >
    > "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and
    > > was discouraged! I am sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as
    > > it is my first week OP. But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    > the
    > > future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > > overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > > give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with
    the
    > > official weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  5. Bird

    Bird Guest

    me too!

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What happened to you is why you should only weigh in once a week. You just might have a loss
    > tomorrow & will have made yourself disappointed for no reason. Sure hope that is what happens!
    > Elaine K
    >
    > bird wrote:
    >
    > >Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    > >sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week
    > >OP. But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    the
    > >future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > >overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > >give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with
    the
    > >official weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  6. Frood

    Frood Guest

    This is why I weigh everyday, and take the average weight. No surprises, or
    odd days. :)

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    > sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP.
    > But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    the
    > future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the official weigh in.
    > Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  7. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    Bird; I weigh myself every morning. It helps me to see what foods help me lose and what cause gain.
    It's not a bad thing. Just different. I keep track of my weight with Weight Commander which I find
    better than the WW weight tracker on line.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    225/188.4/145

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    > sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP.
    > But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    the
    > future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the official weigh in.
    > Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Bird:

    Don't let it get ya down!! Any loss is a good loss!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

    bird wrote:
    > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and I was discouraged! I am
    > sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as it is my first week OP.
    > But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to the future weigh ins. What
    > will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen overnight and fortunately I
    > didn't let it cause me to give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with the
    > official weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  9. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I used to use weight commander but my computer crashed and Mike was going to
    make me repurchase or prove that I had paid for it which I couldn't find the
    cancelled check. I really liked it while I had it though.
    "THEMOM1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bird; I weigh myself every morning. It helps me to see what foods help me lose and what cause
    > gain. It's not a bad thing. Just different. I keep track of my weight with Weight Commander which
    > I find better than the WW weight tracker on line.
    >
    > --
    > Helen
    >
    > Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the
    > object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him
    >
    > <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/
    >
    > http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html
    >
    > http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html
    >

    > 225/188.4/145
    >

    > "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Well I did a no no and weighed one day before my actual ww weigh in and
    > > was discouraged! I am sure I will have a loss this week but I was relly hoping for a big loss as
    > > it is my first week OP. But something different happened with this disappointment. I looked to
    > the
    > > future weigh ins. What will they be as they accumulate. I realize this isn't going to happen
    > > overnight and fortunately I didn't let it cause me
    > > give up. I am OP and doing well. I will check in again tomorrow with
    the
    > > official weigh in. Fingers crossed, Bird need to lose 50#

  10. you are doing super with your attitude, Lee